Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gothique

Resort Theme With White Ceremic Tiles

Hi guys

To save cost, we're thinking of saving our existing tiles. It's white ceremic tiles, with some grey patterns designed to imitate marble. The size is about 600 by 600. And it's the whole house, including living, dining, and 3 bedrooms.

The tiles are still very new, and grouting is clean. We intend to get contractor to do a chemical wash as well.

However, we wanted to do resort theme.

Do you guys think we can still achieve it with this type of floor? For example put more wooden furniture / plants? Or achieve the effect with lighting? If you have any photos of resort themed homes with similar floor, kindly share.

5febscdlr1.jpg

All comments appreciated, thanks!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hey guys

thanks for the tips. i am still undecided. do you think the tiles in the pic is worth keeping? or should i overlay with laminate / parquet... to get that tropical look?

Yoongf - i think that photo is not bad. it's the wooden bed plus the plant that gives the look... plus the lights. if add wooden floor = overkill? or still okie?

by the way, anyone tried what Nin said - get a huge bamboo mat? where can we get it anyway... thanks.

Yoongf - i think that photo is not bad. it's the wooden bed plus the plant that gives the look... plus the lights. if add wooden floor = overkill? or still okie?

need some contrast.

Thanks Yoongf.

Anyway after looking around, I realised that actually a lot of resort theme houses have homogenous / ceramic tiles in a off-white warm colour... and they put a lot of wooden furniture, bamboo blinds and plants and water features to make it resort-feeling.

For this one, it is true that the floor is white. But it has this wooden panelled wall. (i think it will cost quite a lot to do that in my home) and a wooden platform for the bed (i think will also cost!) and wooden furniture.

sharkhouse5ek7.jpg

However i think that if we want to have other types of deco e.g. painting / sculpture, curtains instead of bamboo chicks, etc, then the floor has to be more "woody" so that the resort theme still remains.

Do you guys think it's more cost-effective if we were to change the floor tiles to wooden type and decorate, or keep tht times and try to install things like wooden wall/ wooden platform, wooden furniture, etc?