Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

!! I have actually placed an order liao...But i think still can change bah...Coz my hsewarming is on this Sunday...I have around 31 adults n 7 children..Is it enough if i order for a 30pax buffet? Should i change to 35pax instead? Pls advise!!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
:sport-smiley-004: I have actually placed an order liao...But i think still can change bah...Coz my hsewarming is on this Sunday...I have around 31 adults n 7 children..Is it enough if i order for a 30pax buffet? Should i change to 35pax instead? Pls advise!!

Not sure which caterer you going to, but I think most caterer will not make alot of difference in food quantity if you add 5 pax - don't waste the money lah.

Also, I usually do not order the exact quantity according to headcount; you need to factor in people who might MIA, last min cannot come, or eat already then come, or paiseh don't dare to eat too much, or don't like the food so eat little bit only, etc etc. Also depends on the demo of your guests, how many friends and/or relatives, how many male/female, whether big-eater or not, etc. You should know your guest best so I am just giving you the considerations to think over.

I dun have a lot of experience ordering buffet lah, but from past experiences there is always alot of wastage if I order for the exact no.

Not sure which caterer you going to, but I think most caterer will not make alot of difference in food quantity if you add 5 pax - don't waste the money lah.

Also, I usually do not order the exact quantity according to headcount; you need to factor in people who might MIA, last min cannot come, or eat already then come, or paiseh don't dare to eat too much, or don't like the food so eat little bit only, etc etc. Also depends on the demo of your guests, how many friends and/or relatives, how many male/female, whether big-eater or not, etc. You should know your guest best so I am just giving you the considerations to think over.

I dun have a lot of experience ordering buffet lah, but from past experiences there is always alot of wastage if I order for the exact no.

Thanks!! Hmm..In this case maybe i dun change to 35pax but instead i add some more finger food?? Dunno can a not...Im ordering from Neo Garden...

If order mostly non finger food.. then.. sure got leftovers. If order mostly finger food.. then.. high chance kids will eat finish.. or rather.. parents will take more for kids.

So.. if a lot of kids.. then... finger food better lor.. . Also.. kids dun eat spicy stuff.

If order mostly non finger food.. then.. sure got leftovers. If order mostly finger food.. then.. high chance kids will eat finish.. or rather.. parents will take more for kids.

So.. if a lot of kids.. then... finger food better lor.. . Also.. kids dun eat spicy stuff.

4 dishes are non finger food, 3 are finger, one dessert....What do u think? Im thinking of ordering one more finger food...

4 dishes are non finger food, 3 are finger, one dessert....What do u think? Im thinking of ordering one more finger food...

My experience is people often bring food also, so best is to under-order for big parties. Esp housewarming friends/family don't like to come empty-handed... many will bring both food and gifts. If you live near cake shops, Delifrance, etc, no worries... just send a friend to run out to buy more stuff *IF* and when you need :P

Congradulations and happy housewarming! :deal:

Edited by estamun

Personally.. I prefer like 1 mee or fried rice.. the rest finger foods. Dun like those with veggie, curry chicken.. prawn..

Someting like those tea buffet when attend seminar

My experience is people often bring food also, so best is to under-order for big parties. Esp housewarming friends/family don't like to come empty-handed... many will bring both food and gifts. If you live near cake shops, Delifrance, etc, no worries... just send a friend to run out to buy more stuff *IF* and when you need :notti:

Congradulations and happy housewarming! :dancingqueen:

Hmm..I dun think they will bring food bah....Anyway, thanks!! Coz if food not enough to eat, i will be very "ma lu" lei...kekeee

Personally.. I prefer like 1 mee or fried rice.. the rest finger foods. Dun like those with veggie, curry chicken.. prawn..

Someting like those tea buffet when attend seminar

Oic...That is like tea time buffet...Mine is like lunch buffet... :)

i just had my housewarming last weekend, i dun think you need to order for the exact number of pax.. i had about 50 guests, i ordered for 40 pax and had quite a lot of leftovers.. :dribble:

are you sure your house can accomodate so many people? :dribble: i had to hold two housewarming.. one for relatives and another for friends.. :bleah: mine is a 5 room hdb, 110sqm and with 50 people it was very cramp..

during my time, I only order 80% of total guest no.

Mean to say, 100 guest I only order 80 pax share.