Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
michiko

Pre-marital Checkup, Anyone?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
just curious, why do you need that :dancingqueen:

Y need premarital checkup?? Do you mean pre-pregnancy checkup?

just wondering...if the checkup or test turn out negative...does that mean the marriage is called off ??

just curious, why do you need that :deal:

Think some do it because there may be hereditery issues that the couple may like to note or discuss wrt having children, because both may be carriers without symptoms. E.g. Thalessemia or thalassaemia (in Brit English). Better be open, talk than be upset later mah!

Edited by estamun

so u mean there is no need for check up?

like wat u all mentioned..to check for fertility or any blood disorder etc.... i dunno... tot is quite common.

just wondering...if the checkup or test turn out negative...does that mean the marriage is called off ??

know early fasting help & improve lor, can quicky noe quickly get help lor...

like wat u all mentioned..to check for fertility or any blood disorder etc.... i dunno... tot is quite common.

If fertility check, shd do it when u plan to have kids right? By blood disorder, what do you mean? Actually i've nvr heard of pre-marital check-up....like what Zeny said, if all is not well, then marriage is called off? Like employment contract? Fail medical check-up then cannot be employed?!?!

1st my disclaimer hor... i personally have not been to a pre-marital check-up, still single mah! :) But I saw the pre-marital check-up notice on a doc I go to lor... 8-11 clinic at Yishun central (very nice docs there, both are Dr Goh).

Anyway, pre-marital checkup can be for many things. Besides check for hereditary issues, also sexual health etc. then doc can advise mah, e.g. if one partner has STD, care to prevent infecting the other partner. Some STDs may also carry extra risks for pregnancy, e.g. herpes.

If fertility check, shd do it when u plan to have kids right?

So if know earlier got problems, can plan for solution mah. Got couple friend who checked ahead (before they hit their target age to try for baby) just in case. Lady got history of bad cramps, check show some fibrous stuff (pretty common) and partial blockage lor, so doc suggest they come in sooner (than the common try-2-years) when they want to have baby.

By blood disorder, what do you mean? Actually i've nvr heard of pre-marital check-up....like what Zeny said, if all is not well, then marriage is called off? Like employment contract? Fail medical check-up then cannot be employed?!?!

Not everything 0-1, black-vs-white, marry-vs-cancel lah. A lot of things can discuss how to solve and got alternatives mah. Impt thing is open communication to discuss lor, but know earlier means got more time to solve issues and not so pressurized mah.

Edited by estamun

1st my disclaimer hor... i personally have not been to a pre-marital check-up, still single mah! :sport-smiley-018: But I saw the pre-marital check-up notice on a doc I go to lor... 8-11 clinic at Yishun central (very nice docs there, both are Dr Goh).

Anyway, pre-marital checkup can be for many things. Besides check for hereditary issues, also sexual health etc. then doc can advise mah, e.g. if one partner has STD, care to prevent infecting the other partner. Some STDs may also carry extra risks for pregnancy, e.g. herpes.

So if know earlier got problems, can plan for solution mah. Got couple friend who checked ahead (before they hit their target age to try for baby) just in case. Lady got history of bad cramps, check show some fibrous stuff (pretty common) and partial blockage lor, so doc suggest they come in sooner (than the common try-2-years) when they want to have baby.

Not everything 0-1, black-vs-white, marry-vs-cancel lah. A lot of things can discuss how to solve and got alternatives mah. Impt thing is open communication to discuss lor, but know earlier means got more time to solve issues and not so pressurized mah.

yalor..i agree... in fact we already rom.. not yet customary. But check up is jus for future planning. In case if any one of us really got anything, know earlier the problem n plan lor... like wat estamum said.

yalor..i agree... in fact we already rom.. not yet customary. But check up is jus for future planning. In case if any one of us really got anything, know earlier the problem n plan lor... like wat estamum said.

Already exchange wedding vows during ROM, still check what.? heh heh

teo chew say: si gao si teng, boh bi jiak han zi teng. :dancingqueen:

Generally, you go for pre-marital check-up/screening only when you have a high risk of carrying genetic medical conditions, such as haemophilia. You must tell the doctor what sort of problems so that the doctor can do the appropriate tests. There are lots of hereditary conditions, so it is not possible for the doctor to test them all (hence you need to tell the doctor what to look out for). The only test in which the doctor usually performs without any pre-conditions is Thalessemia as this is generally more common.

Movies (esp. chinese dramas) seem to have came up with this notion of pre-marital check-up. Before I got married, I ask the doctor about such check-ups, and she said that I must have watched too many chinese serials.

Movies (esp. chinese dramas) seem to have came up with this notion of pre-marital check-up. Before I got married, I ask the doctor about such check-ups, and she said that I must have watched too many chinese serials.

did she diagnose u with a Kiasi Syndrome?