Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pisces

Parquet Floor

Hi Again,

Lately I have been posting too many questions on these forums :P. Well......I try to answer as many as I can too.

Ok so which type of Parquet floor polishing should I go for ? Matt or Glossy.

Gloss:

I hv seen the glossy ones at a frenz place , look's real shiny & new but my ID says its more prone to getting scratched.

Matt:

I have NOT seen the effect of this ..so not very sure how will it look. ID says less prone to scratches.

Can anyone post photos, advise thier personal experience soon . I have to confirm with the ID by tomorrow.

Thanks

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hi hi

i have seen the matt effect. it just looks like unfinished wood. if u scared of scratches, then take matt. but it gives u a very "unfinished / unpolished" sort of look.

my bedroom now is glossy. i can tell u that the scratches are horrible.

if you cannot decide, go for semi-gloss. there is such a thing.

how come ur ID never bring u down to see, how he expect u to decide without seeing!! also he should have offered you the option of semi-gloss, it is quite common.

just my 2 cents worth, hope it helps.

hi hi

i have seen the matt effect. it just looks like unfinished wood. if u scared of scratches, then take matt. but it gives u a very "unfinished / unpolished" sort of look.

my bedroom now is glossy. i can tell u that the scratches are horrible.

if you cannot decide, go for semi-gloss. there is such a thing.

how come ur ID never bring u down to see, how he expect u to decide without seeing!! also he should have offered you the option of semi-gloss, it is quite common.

just my 2 cents worth, hope it helps.

Thanks

Oops ...My ID did mention semi gloss but I forgot to mention here anyways I 'll ask him if hes got any samples.

Oh well if the scratches are so bad I guess I 'll have to consider matt or semi gloss. BTW is semi gloss also very scratchprone or is it some where in between ?

Matt now in fashion. Glossy look too plastiky..

Thanks , but I still like the glossy look. Maybe semi gloss is the right balance to avoid the plastic look