Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pisces

Front Door

Hi , My front door is quite messed up. :P

The problem is that the previous owner put a grey laminate on the door which I dont like. So I asked the door to be painted white (on the laminate) which dont look good either.

Any ideas from you guys what I can do to solve this. I dont want something really fancy just a regular door with the rectangular boxes design should be fine.

Secondly, does anyone know if the HDB front door can be replaced and how much does a new one cost ?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi , My front door is quite messed up. :P

The problem is that the previous owner put a grey laminate on the door which I dont like. So I asked the door to be painted white (on the laminate) which dont look good either.

Any ideas from you guys what I can do to solve this. I dont want something really fancy just a regular door with the rectangular boxes design should be fine.

Secondly, does anyone know if the HDB front door can be replaced and how much does a new one cost ?

look for those door advertisements in classified ads, cost around $350 and below for a main door.

provided you are not changing a new door frame(cost a lot more)

look for those door advertisements in classified ads, cost around $350 and below for a main door.

provided you are not changing a new door frame(cost a lot more)

Bro Mace, Are you very sure its 350 ? I understand the HDB door is supposed to be fire proof and all ? Is there any HDB regulation on this or I can just simply put any door ?

Bro Mace, Are you very sure its 350 ? I understand the HDB door is supposed to be fire proof and all ? Is there any HDB regulation on this or I can just simply put any door ?

$300+ types are not fire rated.

$650+ for fireproof doors.

you will only need fireproof main door if your unit is next to lift/staircase.

my house is 2 units away from staircase and my quotation for maindoor is only $350.

go here

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10205p.nsf/WP...te?OpenDocument

Edited by MaCe

$300+ types are not fire rated.

$650+ for fireproof doors.

you will only need fireproof main door if your unit is next to lift/staircase.

my house is 2 units away from staircase and my quotation for maindoor is only $350.

go here

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10205p.nsf/WP...te?OpenDocument

Excerpt from HDB site

<<Replacement of main entrance door and/or frame along fire escape route >>

<<Door openings into passageways (such as staircases, lift lobbies) that serve as a mean of escape in case of fire, the new door/frame must be half hour fire rated solid door/frame with door closer (fire door/frame must have PSB label on the door/frame). >>

Looks like I dont hv to go for a fire rated door since my main door doesn't open to life lobby or staircase.

BTW if I buy a new door does anyone buy back the exisitng fire rate door? can I get anything for that or its a loss ?

I wish something could be done about the bomb shelter door too !

can try to look for those garang gunis in classified ads.

bombshelter i believe it's not going to be cheap....

can try to look for those garang gunis in classified ads.

bombshelter i believe it's not going to be cheap....

Which means I can replace the bomb shelter door with a door of my choice ? No rules for this ?

Which means I can replace the bomb shelter door with a door of my choice ? No rules for this ?

got rules or not i dunno :notti: I dont have any bombshelter(one of the main reason we didnt buy newer flats).

I only know it's a special metal fire rated door with rubber gasket at the door frame.

doesnt look cheap. Even if they allow you to change, most likely MUST change according to the same specs.

do check with branch office.

got rules or not i dunno :) I dont have any bombshelter(one of the main reason we didnt buy newer flats).

I only know it's a special metal fire rated door with rubber gasket at the door frame.

doesnt look cheap. Even if they allow you to change, most likely MUST change according to the same specs.

i have just checked....you CANT do anything to the bombshelter

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10205p.nsf/WP...Menu=Guidebooks

got rules or not i dunno :notti: I dont have any bombshelter(one of the main reason we didnt buy newer flats).

i have just checked....you CANT do anything to the bombshelter

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10205p.nsf/WP...Menu=Guidebooks

Why don't you remove it and keep it in the shelter? WHen you wanna sell your apt then have it installed back.