Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sunzibingfart

Hack 1 Half Of Semi-d

Hi,

My friend ask me 1 question about semi-d which I hear until blur blur... He ask me whether a Semi-D with 2 units joining together can be demolish at 1 half and rebuilt it into 2 units. As the other half is joined, I told him is not possible. Anyone knows of any builders who can ans him this question??? Thanks...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi,

My friend ask me 1 question about semi-d which I hear until blur blur... He ask me whether a Semi-D with 2 units joining together can be demolish at 1 half and rebuilt it into 2 units. As the other half is joined, I told him is not possible. Anyone knows of any builders who can ans him this question??? Thanks...

Are you asking if it is possible to convert 2 adjoining semi-ds into 2 detached house. The answer is yes, provided you have a big enough land area. If you look at some of the older estates that have big land, you will find that some of the 'detached' houses used to be part of a pair of adjoining sem-ds.

You are asking if 1 Semi-D can be redeveloped into 1 inter terr and 1 corner terrece.

The answer is no, becuase u would have downgraded your neighbour Semi D to corner terr. It also depends if the masterplan zoning restricts to only Semi D.

Actually, downgrading a semi-d to a 1 unit of corner terrace and 1 unit intermediate terrace and 1 unit of existing semi-d to a corner terrace is possible - if the existing semi-d owner allows such a change in status, subject to URA's approval. Usually they wont, as this would affect the valuation of the existing property from semi-d to corner terrace. Actually from a stand point of investment, this would be the recommended way to go for the new developer. It would be more fruitful for both if the two respective units of semi-ds are going to be redeveloped together into 1 corner and 1 intermediate per semi-d ie a total of 2 corner & 2 intermediate terraces. Unfortunately, there are not many areas that are big enough to provide for this configuration.

You are asking if 1 Semi-D can be redeveloped into 1 inter terr and 1 corner terrece.

The answer is no, becuase u would have downgraded your neighbour Semi D to corner terr. It also depends if the masterplan zoning restricts to only Semi D.

Hi, what is the different between inter terr and semi-d???? Thansk for your reply anyway....

Are you asking if it is possible to convert 2 adjoining semi-ds into 2 detached house. The answer is yes, provided you have a big enough land area. If you look at some of the older estates that have big land, you will find that some of the 'detached' houses used to be part of a pair of adjoining sem-ds.

Hi, is to convert 1 part of the semi-d into 2 units of semi-d. That is, demolish 1 part of semi-d, making it disjoined from existing ones, and build 2 units of semi-d. As the land size is big, ard 5500sqft, there are rooms for 2 Semi-Ds on that plot of land. So the ans is a yes???

Mininum semi D width is 8m. for 1 pair, u must have at least 16m road frontage, unless u have valid grounds to ask for waiver.

int Terr and Semi D.. big difference in bank valuation, even though physically is the same. Also, some areas of Sg. landed housing area masterplan restricts to only Semi D and above.

Hi, is to convert 1 part of the semi-d into 2 units of semi-d. That is, demolish 1 part of semi-d, making it disjoined from existing ones, and build 2 units of semi-d. As the land size is big, ard 5500sqft, there are rooms for 2 Semi-Ds on that plot of land. So the ans is a yes???

It is possible. Have you seen semi-d units numbered 12A and 12B? This is probably a result of splitting an existing title deed (for Unit 12) into 2.

With a land area of 5500 sq ft, if you build two semi-ds, it would mean that each semi-ds is about 2750 sq ft. If you follow the minimum required frontage (i.e. distance of wall of building to land boundary), you would probably end up with two small semi-ds. I am not sure if this big enough for a semi-d.

It is possible. Have you seen semi-d units numbered 12A and 12B? This is probably a result of splitting an existing title deed (for Unit 12) into 2.

With a land area of 5500 sq ft, if you build two semi-ds, it would mean that each semi-ds is about 2750 sq ft. If you follow the minimum required frontage (i.e. distance of wall of building to land boundary), you would probably end up with two small semi-ds. I am not sure if this big enough for a semi-d.

If a 2000 sqft semi-d also can fetch quite a good price right, provided the deco is nice... My friend's unit is 11 and 11A. His is 11A. So demolishing 11A and re-built into 2 semi-D is still possible. Probably named as 13A and 13B.

Where can he go and get approval for all the demolition work???

Mininum semi D width is 8m. for 1 pair, u must have at least 16m road frontage, unless u have valid grounds to ask for waiver.

int Terr and Semi D.. big difference in bank valuation, even though physically is the same. Also, some areas of Sg. landed housing area masterplan restricts to only Semi D and above.

But in term of design n size, is there a different between int terr and semi d??

Intermediate terrace - both side walls (party walls) are joined to neighbours. Corner terraces and semi-d's have one side wall connected to neighbours wall. For the same size of land - Intermediate Terraces can have a bigger built-up area as it is connected to both neighbouring walls. However, Corner Terraces and Semi-D's have to have a gap between the neighbours boundary wall. Which is in a setback of at least 2m away from the neighbours boundary wall.

Generally, Intermediate Terraces have exposed walls at 2 areas - Front & Back. Semi-D's have exposed walls at 3 areas - Front, Back & Side thus having more ventilation and light.

Minimum size for a semi-D in Spore is at least 200sm with a frontage of 8m. As in the case of a rectangular plot of land of approximately 2750sft - based on a 2 storey cw with an Attic and Roof Terrace - Surprisingly, you could easily build up to 3600 - 4000sft. Which is fairly big for a small size plot of land.

Edited by dhotshop

But in term of design n size, is there a different between int terr and semi d??

Opps.. I was not clear in my previous post. I shd be saying that Cnr Terr and Semi-D have big difference in valuation even though physically the same. Int Terr simply means touching neighbours on both sides.

Taking 1 lot divide into 2 lot = Redevelopment.. = Development Charge payable. Thus.. need to consider the DC involved, especially if going to max out to the envelope. Such a proposal need Architect to submit to URA, or perhaps approach Design and Build contractor to discuss alternatives.

Intermediate terrace - both side walls (party walls) are joined to neighbours. Corner terraces and semi-d's have one side wall connected to neighbours wall. For the same size of land - Intermediate Terraces can have a bigger built-up area as it is connected to both neighbouring walls. However, Corner Terraces and Semi-D's have to have a gap between the neighbours boundary wall. Which is in a setback of at least 2m away from the neighbours boundary wall.

Generally, Intermediate Terraces have exposed walls at 2 areas - Front & Back. Semi-D's have exposed walls at 3 areas - Front, Back & Side thus having more ventilation and light.

Minimum size for a semi-D in Spore is at least 200sm with a frontage of 8m. As in the case of a rectangular plot of land of approximately 2750sft - based on a 2 storey cw with an Attic and Roof Terrace - Surprisingly, you could easily build up to 3600 - 4000sft. Which is fairly big for a small size plot of land.

Ok. Thanks for the input.

Opps.. I was not clear in my previous post. I shd be saying that Cnr Terr and Semi-D have big difference in valuation even though physically the same. Int Terr simply means touching neighbours on both sides.

Taking 1 lot divide into 2 lot = Redevelopment.. = Development Charge payable. Thus.. need to consider the DC involved, especially if going to max out to the envelope. Such a proposal need Architect to submit to URA, or perhaps approach Design and Build contractor to discuss alternatives.

Thus I got to go to URA for approval? Thanks for the input.

Ok. Thanks for the input.

Thus I got to go to URA for approval? Thanks for the input.

sunzibingfart! hehe. :dunno: i like your nick. sunzibingfart. v funny :bangwall::bangwall:

oh cant help much on ur query tho. just drop by to kpo abit only. the more i read the more i'm confused.