Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
binglei

Powder Coated Mild Steel vs Wrought Iron

Anyone knows the cost of powder coated mild steel gate vs wrought iron gate?
Which is more expensive?

And does anyone know how fast it takes to fabricate wrought iron gate?
I was told by my contractor the powder coated mild steel gate takes 10 days and that is the main reason for my renovation completion delay.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

powder coated need see design, the more lattice designs more expensive.

wrought iron has non galvanised and galvanised. it cost about $500 for a galvanised wrought iron gate comes with the unit numbers. estimated 10 days.  

Power coat is different from normal spray paint gates. Power coat is more lasting, even when scratched, you see the scratch less obvious. Compared to normal paint, you can see the base color of the metal i.e. silver for Aluminium.

Most gate manufacturer companies dont have powder coating facilities, they engage a third party powder coat company to do the job for them. That's why it takes around 10days. You can powder coat any material, be it wrought iron or mild steel.

Agree with @superk888, wrought iron gate cost around $500. I had mine done up nicely through a friend referral, good follow up servicing as well. I think the company name is Fortune ... something...