Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
paparazi257

How to Safely Pack and Move Your LCD TV

One of the most challenging items on your pack list will be the large flat screen TV. At NguyenloiMoving, we are particularly interested in these sophisticated and expensive items. If you are planning to pack your Television, we can help you by giving you a little advice and a look at the truth behind one of the biggest questions in moving the LCD TV.

Even our best advice cannot guarantee that you will have a safeguard, especially if you experience a lot of road crashes, but this small guide will improve your chances of getting a TV in a safe place. and sound.

Let's start with the big question:

Can I Move My Flat TV, Or Do I Have to Hold It Straight?

Perhaps you have heard that you cannot put flat modern TVs without ruining them. That's just part of the truth. There is nothing wrong with placing a flat screen, and it will not break just from horizontal instead of vertical.

The real problem is that a monitor placed on the face or on its back is easily damaged by all sorts of other factors. These monitors are designed to be transported and used to stand up; A horizontal TV will have more pressure on the screen and any pressure that is like a moving truck can cause real damage.

So if your TV is perfectly packaged, there is nothing wrong with putting it down, but on the other hand there is no reason to risk it.

How Should I Close My LCD TV?

Okay, let's take the same issue: how to pack your TV.

First of all, your best option is to always re-pack the TV in the box to which it is inserted. Of course most people do not bother to save those boxes, but if you're one of those people doing, you've got a solution all ready to go. If you are really serious about the best possible security for your large flat panel, you can buy special boxes designed to provide the same protection from NguyenloiMoving.

But that may be overkill. If you are looking for something simpler, your best option may be to pack a soft blanket around the entire TV and seal the blanket with tape. This protects the entire TV, and in particular it keeps the screen protected from scratches.

If you have a bubble wrap in your hand, you should add one or two layers on the blanket - and if you do not have bubble wrap in your hand, maybe you need to pick a bit! It's a lot cheaper than a new TV, and you'll have a lot of other fragile items to wrap too.

Finally, when it's time to load the TV into your moving truck, make sure you have a companion to help you carry it - this is something you definitely do not want to drop.

Make sure you place the TV in a safe place in the car. It certainly is not under anything that can fall into it, and if it's on top of other items, make sure it will not slip off and hit the floor. If you have two mattresses, you are lucky: putting the TV upright between the two mattresses is a great way to keep it safe and secure.

And as always, if you're in Ho Chi Minh city and need a hand, NguyenloiMoving will help you.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request