Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lukecas

Biometric (finger Print) Lock Group Purchase

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Yup, this is exactly what I meant:

locktopch8.th.gif

Deadbolt

lockbelowjk7.th.gif

Handle (I believe this is not a lock but just a handle, right?)

If I am not wrong, the "deadbolt" and the "handle" are not connected to each other. Thus, you can replace the "handle" with the e6098 biometric lock, and leave the "deadbolt" on top as it is.

The "deadbolt" can be used for added security when you go overseas. During normal times, just leave it unlocked lor.

I think, if possible, for the interested parties, you can email me your lock set pics and I will revert to the supplier and let them commit if its do-able or not. OK?

Yup, this is exactly what I meant:

locktopch8.th.gif

Deadbolt

lockbelowjk7.th.gif

Handle (I believe this is not a lock but just a handle, right?)

If I am not wrong, the "deadbolt" and the "handle" are not connected to each other. Thus, you can replace the "handle" with the e6098 biometric lock, and leave the "deadbolt" on top as it is.

The "deadbolt" can be used for added security when you go overseas. During normal times, just leave it unlocked lor.

I understand what you mean, but unfortunately, as the "deadbolt" is on top of the "handle" by less than 100mm but the height for this model e6098 is already 154mm. Therefore it can not be fit at the "handle" position.

If I were to swop their position, top is "e6098" and the bottom is "dead bolt". It will be very unslightly due to the difference hole cut and scratch marks. Imagine, a urgly door with a Hi-Tech biometric device. :P

This is why I believed the other "dead bolt" type Biometric device from http://www.bioaxxis.com is more suitable for our original HDB door. :dancingqueen:

Edited by tonyc

I understand what you mean, but unfortunately, as the "deadbolt" is on top of the "handle" by less than 100mm but the height for this model e6098 is already 154mm. Therefore it can not be fit at the "handle" position.

If I were to swop their position, top is "e6098" and the bottom is "dead bolt". It will be very unslightly due to the difference hole cut and scratch marks. Imagine, a urgly door with a Hi-Tech biometric device. 8|

This is why I believed the other "dead bolt" type Biometric device from http://www.bioaxxis.com is more suitable for our original HDB door. :bangwall:

Hmmz, ok I see what you meant - actually the hole cut is the same for both the deadbolt and handle, but I can't answer you on the part of the scratches liao...hehe

Anyway if you are keen to get the bioaxxis one, do also check the exact dimensions of your "deadbolt"; otherwise will also be able to see the scratch marks too...

Just wanna tell you something about the biometric lock. Its not full proof as what the makers claim. Saw it on discovery myth busters, they broke the biometric lock in 3 different ways. And you would not believe how easy it was..

1. a latex mould of the thumb

2. a silicon version

3 . PHOTOCOPY!:rolleyes:

they broke the biometric with a photocopy of the thumb print.

So.. hey man... bolt up!

watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhllPkr4kIg

Edited by Junkay

I see the biometric lock not so much for ultimate security, but just an added convenience of not needing to bring the keys. In any security system, there are bound to be loopholes, but its the level of difficulty for criminals to find those loopholes.

In particular, if I intend to break into someone's house, I think its easier to steal his keys instead of trying make a latex/silicon/photocopy of his fingerprints!

Edited by zirhk3355

The model that I would be buying is almost S$700. S$689 if I remember correctly. But if we can get abt 3 sets, there will be further discount.

Interested for group purchase?

Edited by lukecas

I am wondering if I shall use it for my main entrance, wah.....buy 3 in 1 go!8| your house got many "Strangers"??

also scared if people would cut off your finger to scan it just to get access......

vein scanning is much more accurate and they won't cut off your finger lol!

Edited by tingshen

of course I am not buying 3 sets for myself. Thats why I am looking for 2 more people to join me in the GP.

Anyway the lock can be opened not only via finger print, but digital number lock and traditional key too.