Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Leonardl

advisable to start Aircon work without advise from ID?

Hi all, 

I have read that most people recommend to start aircon work first before renovation. 

I have just gotten my key last week but still in the process of looking for ID,

however I decided to just buy the aircon and install first in the meantime  so that i could get one thing settled first.

So my question is:

Is it advisable to get aircon install first without any advise from ID (main concern is aesthetic part of the trunking and how the pipe should be laid, but if the ID is able to cover up any trunking done then i actually have no issue on this).

Thanks to advise

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On 9/10/2017 at 11:40 AM, Leonardl said:

Hi all, 

I have read that most people recommend to start aircon work first before renovation. 

I have just gotten my key last week but still in the process of looking for ID,

however I decided to just buy the aircon and install first in the meantime  so that i could get one thing settled first.

So my question is:

Is it advisable to get aircon install first without any advise from ID (main concern is aesthetic part of the trunking and how the pipe should be laid, but if the ID is able to cover up any trunking done then i actually have no issue on this).

Thanks to advise

You may ask the aircon man to install the trunking for you first, then u proceed with your reno works, then install the air-con blower last. - reason being the blower wont be filled with dust due to reno works.  However, if they only can provide 1 trip, then u have to install aircon first so that during your reno process if there is any cabinets whatsoever that will be installed at where the trunking runs, then the cabinet/ false ceiling can cover it easily. and remember to wrap your air-con blower with plastic/newspaper so that dust wouldn't accumulate on it by the time u move in. hope it helps! :)