Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Rooster

Beware!! ID Allan Chee from 3D Innovations

image.png.738a004ff73458d5345dfa570a1191dd.png3D Innovations (Sin Ming Branch)

Designer’s Name: Allan Chee (self titled $2M award winning ID man)

Date of Renovation: Aug 2017

Designer 
We paid 50% of the total reno cost to get work started. The promised 3D drawings was delayed more than a week. When eventually it arrived, the drawing was totally out of dimension, distorted and simply ugly. I believed the images- copied and pasted from other projects.

Allan blamed his draftsman whom he claims was sacked. Demolition work already started and we had to proceed without any design.

Service 
Allan Chee, was always late for appointment. And even if he turns up – he was always on the phone, chatting. I was overseeing the project more than him. We had to update Allan on the progress/mistakes of the renovation.

Mistakes and workmanship 
Tiling workmanship is good but made many mistakes because ID Allan Chee did not give proper instructions. He was never at the work site and rely on the sub con to feed back on dimensions. Two of my bedroom door frames were wrongly dismantled and when pointed out to Allan, he replaced them with a shorter frame. We had to re-redo the door frames again. Tiling at both bathroom redo several times due to no proper instructions. Infact, we were coordinating with the tiler directly

Plumber laid the pipes wrongly. No provision for pipings for Storage Heater. Had to hack off some tiles to relay the pipes again.

Conclusion

We spoke to his team leader on many occasions. When he did not even turn up for the final meeting, that we approached 3D’ management to terminate the contract. His team leader Denn Lim took over and complete the outstanding renovations as we cancelled the electrical and woodworks. Denn did a marvellous job and show much responsibility which Allan Chee has none.

Opinion on Designer (Allan Chee)

Allan Chee, initially, strikes out to be a nice and smooth talker. During initial discussion, he was able to get quotations within 10-15mins. He showed many images of projects (I doubt it is his projects, maybe copied from other projects). Claiming to be an award wining designer. Immediately after the deposit paid, Allan showed his true character. Arrogant, boastful, irresponsible, showy and most of all, he is not knowledgeable and is not able to follow through the renovations. I doubt his qualification.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request