Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Renonoob14

My ID is requesting that we pay the electrician eventhough renovation handover is not done

Dear all, need some advice here. Thank you very much!

My ID is requesting that I pay the electrician 1st eventhough they have not officially handed over and completed the renovation. Some elaboration. 

1) I have not had a chance to check through the electrical works.
2) Renovations is delayed because there are issues with the carpentary and painting. And they scratched my door and are rectifying it, and I refused to accept 'handover' from the ID.
3) ID side, we have paid 25k, left $119.00 not paid. (Change in quotations becos we did not want some stuff done, so we overpaid in our 1st and 2md payment, now last payment left $119 to pay only)
4) Electrician is paid separately not to ID, but electrician is ID's father. 
ID is saying 'If you want to hold my company’s last payment(ehich is only $119) im fine because i understand there are works thats still need rectification.' Meaning he is trying to say electrical works are separate issue from electrician. 

I am confused and wondering whether I should pay the remaining 50% for the electrician at this stage or wait till I have at least checked through all before I made payment. I also think him trying to separate this issue is technically weird becos the electrician,  if we had wanted to, could have been paid by the ID firm as 1 of the sub-contractors. We chose to pay separately cos the ID charges GST so if we pay the electrician direct, we save on the GST. 

Looking forward to your advices.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I think you should pay the electrician too, since it is a separate matter I think need to be fair to the electrician as well. How much do you owe each of them ?