Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
morghanjess

Unvieling Our English Country Cozy Home

HEY HOMESWEETHOME!

Thanks for your PM and your lovely comments. HTB and WTB's idea! :P:P

oh oh oh! further down the road! the one still under development? ;P otherwise will be bullion park? or dun tell me its SEASON! ;P

We seen a couple of units in here before we gotten this one which when we stepped in, we sense God's peace in us! So we bought it! and it was unblocked, quite difficult to get something like this. And we sealed the deal on the 2nd day the owner advertised it! Can call us KS, but coming to house, who do not want to be KS a bit ;P

We saw a unit on level 5 and another one on level 7 .. we nearly could be neighbours but we really feel a bit bad having to disturbed the existing neighbours around us with all the drilling and the noise.. soon they will get a THANK YOU item from us ;P

But frankly, looks nice and I just did the first "cleaning exercise" last weekend, oh .. muscles growing ;) from constant removing of little spots ..haha ..

hi morghanjess,

Love wat u've done to yr place! i LOVE English country theme too, and if it were up to me, I'd hav designed my home a LOT like yrs too, lotsa white wood EVERYWHERE! very cosy & homely.

my hubby & I actually viewed a few units in Castle Green too, but din find one tat we really liked. pity, or we cud've been neighbours liao. as it is, we r further down d road only, not too far fr yr plc actually.

will pm u more details.... :P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Very nice theme really... i love...

Just bought a 2-room condo too and thinking of using Baroque too.

How's their service? and can i know how much did u spend in total for the reno?

Need to set aside a budget for reno.

Hi there cherrie20,

Service by Alvin is very good. both of us is impressed by him. Especially his ideas. I must say I am really impressed with the way he does cabinets and how to make them sturdy! For example my living room TV console, the way he joint it up, and the way he structured it, it blends 100% into my idea. And with his creativity, he made it HAPPEN :D

I spend all in all $26000 for this whole reno .. i obtained 3 quotation before I set my decision in using him because i went to a VERY HIGH quotation one, quoted me $32K, with very basic items, not even like this. I went to a STEP-IN NEIGHBOURHOOD one, quoted me $19K but his idea doesn’t blends into mine and ID dont sounds convincing in delivery.. and a LOWER one than Baroque, that one really cannot make it, because everything also PLYWOOD! haha ..

So based on materials, cost, design,ideas, QUALITY of wood, sincerity and CONFIDENCE, Alvin of baroque stood out among the rest.

So reno wise, you should have about $20K in budget for a 2 room. My budget was actually $22K, but slowly slowly, we wanted to do our kitchen, so additional cost leh .. hehe ..

And set aside about $20K or MORE for your furniture and electrical appliance..

hope all these helps :rolleyes:

If you need other contacts on other area, let me know.. i have ;P E.g. 42 Joo Jiat Road, sells the cheapest PLATES and cups and anything!

Morghanjess

Very nice theme really... i love...

Just bought a 2-room condo too and thinking of using Baroque too.

How's their service? and can i know how much did u spend in total for the reno?

Need to set aside a budget for reno.

Edited by morghanjess

Thanks so much for all info, morghanjess... :notti:

Really appreciate it...

At least now i know how much to set aside for reno.

Tot i can have something lesser than $20k, but it seems impossible leh...

cos i wanna have lots of custom made cupboards and furniture... hhhhmmmppp…

think got to rework my budget liao…

Can also send me ur list of contacts for good lobang?

morghanjess, out of curiousity, can i know where u bought ur furnitures from ? that time i was at parkmall and saw some very English furniture at Eco Living and immediately thought of u ! hehe ! :bangwall:

hey hey there cherrie20!

Sure sure!

Less than $20K is possible!:dunno: But you must find furnitures yourself! If NO HACKING, higher chance of hitting budget!

Only if you are looking for these:

1. Electricial Appliances - Goh ah Bee at Kovan (62803962) or AUDIO HOUSE (from now till 12th June cos they having 50% OFF).

2. Country style furnitures (IMM, 2nd floor, Country Style furniture, look for Jeremy #02-85)

3. Lightings (Chan Huat (Balestier 343/343A)

4. Toilet equipment (Nan Huat at Changi South or Sim Siang Joo, Changi South also, g with your ID to obtain 10% off)

5. Aircon(Well, i got mine at A-STAR Airconditioning Pte Ltd at IMM #02-129). Good services by the lady there)

6. Mattress.. this one depends on yourself and your budget. Mine is Simmone, look for Flora, at IMM, SIMMONE showroom, she is really very good in providing good services BUT be prepared for a hole in your pocket ;P)

7. Plates and stuff - 42 Joo Jiat Rd

8. Curtains (SPOT LIGHT at Plaza Singapura but you need ot know exact measurment and now having 20% off). Poles if you need, buy from IKEA.

9 Bedsheet. Aussino now having buy 2 get 1 free for selected bedsheet ..stock coming in soon again :dunno:

10 .. let me think and i will list more cos i am a little sleepy now ;P

Morghanjess

Thanks so much for all info, morghanjess... :)

Really appreciate it...

At least now i know how much to set aside for reno.

Tot i can have something lesser than $20k, but it seems impossible leh...

cos i wanna have lots of custom made cupboards and furniture... hhhhmmmppp…

think got to rework my budget liao…

Can also send me ur list of contacts for good lobang?

Thank you :)

lovely place you have there!

hey Oonik_girl!!

Hello there!:dunno:

I bought some of my furnitures (Bed frame, dinning table and chairs and make-up table) from Country Style Furnitures at IMM from Jeremy :dunno: Good pricing cos that was during CNY. I think now they are still having sales! go for it beofre GST starts to be 7%!

And some are from IKEA (TV Console and Coffe Table and a white black board) ;)

ECO LIVING!OH! I went there! it is nice and not too expenisve as compared to THE FORREST at THOMAS PLAZA!

Are you having this theme too? ;) Its looks nice, last weekend, i tried to CLEAN the room, just the Master bedroom, my hands were aching! haha ;P

Morghanjess

morghanjess, out of curiousity, can i know where u bought ur furnitures from ? that time i was at parkmall and saw some very English furniture at Eco Living and immediately thought of u ! hehe ! :dunno:

hey Oonik_girl!!

Hello there!:(

I bought some of my furnitures (Bed frame, dinning table and chairs and make-up table) from Country Style Furnitures at IMM from Jeremy :wub: Good pricing cos that was during CNY. I think now they are still having sales! go for it beofre GST starts to be 7%!

And some are from IKEA (TV Console and Coffe Table and a white black board) ;)

ECO LIVING!OH! I went there! it is nice and not too expenisve as compared to THE FORREST at THOMAS PLAZA!

Are you having this theme too? ;) Its looks nice, last weekend, i tried to CLEAN the room, just the Master bedroom, my hands were aching! haha ;P

Morghanjess

hehe! no lah. me having different theme. i prefer something a bit more colourful.. i scared later all white then i'll dirty it up.. hehe

hi hi HOMESWEETHOME,

Bedsheet is from SPOTLIGHT at Plaza Singapura!

KING's size. One fitting sheet for Quit cover and 2 pillow case.

They are still having sales now :P Cost was $72.90.