Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sean_yeo

My Puny 3ng (67sqm) Lovenest Beside Marsiling Mrt Station

Wah.....Sifu!! :rofl:

Are you dealing in these full time as a consultant? :lol:

Hi,

Not so true, it all depends on personal preference. In Buddhism, there is no rule as to being touching floor or suspended and no restrictions on the posture of the statue (standing or sitting) . The most important part is that you and yr family must feel good and allright with it and also that it can blend with your theme and design. No point suspending the altar in the air and at the end yr family do not feel at ease for the rest of the stay in the hose right ? hehe.. similarly, no point putting it down to the ground if yr family does not like it and u have to bear with an "eye obstructing" altar for the rest of yr life.

The concept of an altar touching the ground does not arise from Buddhism, its bascially a fengshui, taoist practise.

Although Guan Yin Pusa (Avalokitesvra Boddhisattva) being largely respected and worshipped by alot of people, many do not know the correct way to honour this boddhisattva becos it has always been blurred up with Taoist practises.

My basic point here is that your family should feel right and happy with the altar down to the ground, then everything is ok.

The rule, do it right once and for all ... =)

pls also note, DO NOT send a Buddhist statue to be dotted in red, only for taoist statues. Buddhists also need not pray to "Tian Gong" and "Tu ti gong" nor burn josspapers. Its also important to establish the right defination of yr faith so that you will not inherit the wrong practises n concepts from the older generations who mixes buddhism and taoism together.

420 is definetly a reasonable price for a nice altar like yours .. most importantly, your heart counts :unsure:!

Blessings for u ...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

thanks enci n sean

mine will be buddhist only, actually could i place it on top of a bookcase,or part of shelving?lagi save space, not sure what is the accepted practice..

sean, like the full height mirror panels,does it include storage?

Wah.....Sifu!! :bangwall:

Are you dealing in these full time as a consultant? :dunno:

no no ... i am a Lay person not a sifu ... "consultant" wise ? I am not a commercial guy .. i can advise n help u FOC .. importantly if u can follow the Buddhist and the right way ...

Come on .. religion thing canot everything talk about money ...

myi, why not ?

BUT the main thing is that you must feel good and ease placing it there =)

if need further advise, always free here for u ... msg me ..

Hi myi,

No...it doesnt have storage inside even though me & my wife wanted it initially.

It will be a different quote if i were to have storage inside for CDs / DVDs as the whole interior will be all carpentry works. More works = more cost = higher quote. :bleah:

So hows the pics of your on-going renos? :)

thanks enci n sean

mine will be buddhist only, actually could i place it on top of a bookcase,or part of shelving?lagi save space, not sure what is the accepted practice..

sean, like the full height mirror panels,does it include storage?

Finally the forum is back on track :dancingqueen:

Updates as of 20/06/07 :

- Renos 100% completed with chemical washing & touching up

- Roller blinds / curtains for whole house installed

- TV, fridge and washing machine delivered

Now awaiting for all furniture delivery on 28th June and then take pics to share :notti:

TV Rotation

TVturn1s.jpg

TVturn2s.jpg

TVturn3s.jpg

TVturn4s.jpg

Foyer Area

Foyers.jpg

Kitchen Entrance

KitchenMirrors.jpg

Hob & Tempered Glass backing

HobGlasss.jpg

Samsung Fridge

Fridges.jpg

Brandt Washer & dryer

Viewfromtoilets-1.jpg

Master Room curtains

Curtainsopens.jpg

Curtains drawn

Curtainsdrawns.jpg

Thanks for the compliment. This is what this forum is all about, sharing of pics! :D

ID from Future Home Innovations and renos set me back by about 26k inclusive of aircon but excluding furnishings of course 8|

great looking house! :unsure:

may i know how much is ur reno and who is ur ID ? :)

Haha...cos house is small mah, so need to fully utilize the space that we have. :dancingqueen:

TV is only 12kg, so no worries :D

eh the rotating tv thingy quite creative ah... nt bad... heh nt heavy ???

nice, everything done up? your revolving console is a great idea!wish i had the budget for the carpentry.

what furniture are u getting?b4 gst hike?heheh

Renos & touching ups already 100% completed. Now awaiting for all the furniture to deliver on this thur then can see the whole picture liao :P

Furniture from STAR furniture, bought in showroom in Toh Guan (Opp IMM) And yesh! Definitely before the GST hike! Actual delivery supposed to be in early July but i called and brought forward to 28th June, haha! :lol:

nice, everything done up? your revolving console is a great idea!wish i had the budget for the carpentry.

what furniture are u getting?b4 gst hike?heheh

Updates as of 28th June 2007 :

- All furniture delivered. (So exciting, finally have the FEEL of being in a house :lol: )

- Pool table cum dining table installed. (Tested out the table, not bad!)

Items outstanding :

- Installation of 2nd bedroom roller blind (Out of stock during installation for Living room and Master room)

- Collection of BIG standing lamp to be placed in living room above pool table.

- Drilling holes and hanging of living room clock, living room 3-in-1 wedding picture + master room wedding portrait

Will take pics on my next off day and share with all :D

:yamseng: yeah .. congratz Sean, everthing looks great for your reno.

Your new home is fantastic. Especially like the induction hob.

Look forward to your new pics :deal: