Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi there,

My price of advice. if you can't find any comments on any of your ID companies, you should avoid. There are a few companies that are considered "BIG" but you are able to any comments at all.

I hope the moderators are reading this. I myself have written a post to request for comments for S K Y Creation but it was never posted up. Also, I was not able to find any comments on them. Yet, they advertised on RenoTalk Forum. I strongly believed there are many users of them but somehow, I can't find a single thing on them.

So, please beware.

Hi Memphis231980, oh so u oso encountered the same issue like me, I posted 3 threads seeking review on S K Y too but somehow the threads never appear. I am aware that they are one of the registered advertisers but so are Artrend etc if I am not wrong. So I am puzzled why I cant find ANY review

- good or otherwise on it.

So Memphis, in the end did u use them ? If so, would appreciate if u PM me your experience.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I am shortlisting * as my choice, saw the advertisement about the nice freebies but seems like not much feedback about this firm, any kind souls can share experiences or PM me your quotation? Mine is a premium flat.

Thanks.

I too got a sms from a guy name Javier.

I told him I have no floor plan but he is still quite friendly over the sms and told me it's ok and could meet up for discussion only.

Just a question, will they hard sell and make me sign up with them if I meet up?

I mean, I dislike people who hard sell and it will be a major turn off if it really happens.

I'm not sure about other ID company because this is the 1st company who got back to me.

Anybody can advise?

My new house renovation work is done by north west.

I think it's depend on who handle the project. I believe they have good and responsible ID guys also. I'm quite lucky found one for my new house. ;)

I think all reno contrtors or IDs r prone to such issues or incidences where things go wrong. It all depends on luck.

U can engage one without any blacklisting, good reviews but things can still go wrong.

I think all reno contrtors or IDs r prone to such issues or incidences where things go wrong. It all depends on luck.

U can engage one without any blacklisting, good reviews but things can still go wrong.

Agree. One company has so many IDs, contractors and contractors has so many workers... need luck to get good ID, contractor and worker... But time, quality and $$, ID needs to manage it properly. ;)

I had been referred to Eagle Hoo from * ID yesterday and spoke to him in the morning. I told him briefly abt my requirements and he said there is no issue as his company does accept alteration assignments for homes. At that juncture, he was very nice & friendly over the phone and told me that he would call me back once he makes his way out of JB to Singapore. He told me he would contact me at about 12 noon.

I waited until 4pm but there was no call. So I took the liberty of calling him directly myself. This second phone call I made had caught me by surprise. I am not sure if it is the same person I had spoken to this morning even though the mobile number was the same and the guy over the phone claimed to be Eagle Hoo.

However, he had a very depressing tone of voice and sighed consistently over the phone, came across as irritated, not interested and my tele-conversation was one-sided and so difficult to carry on. He was such a different person I had spoken to in the morning.

As such, I wouldn't recommend * because anybody with a discerning mind for great service would have second thoughts about engaging a company with staff who r prone to mood swings.

Hi, I have just had my house renovated by * and Eagle Hoo was my id. When i did my price comparison, i did find that their price was rather competitive among id firms (not including independent contractors). End product workmanship was so-so, design wasn't world-class and hiccups along the way were inevitable. However, i do know that my budget will not fetch me fantastic workmanship and world-class design. Just a simple concept and a cosy end product. Hiccups were my most feared. Of course, I had the same myriad of problems which I believe most people who go through renovation will face. To me, what is important is that your id should be responsive, responsible and reliable.

Through my dealing and interaction with Eagle, I found that he was kinda service oriented. As customers, we do have our own whims and fancies, but he addressed every one of them and tried to meet out demands as far as he could. He was always friendly and smiley :D lol no matter how late into the night we were; eg, we were choosing laminates till almost midnight at his office but he was still very understanding despite the fact that he lives in JB and has to come back to SG to work the following morning. While I think there is still plenty of room for improvement for Eagle, esp in terms of design, I find that he came across as a responsive, responsible and reliable person. Some short anecdotes to illustrate: He always returns my calls asap and has never "disappeared" when problems occurred, even if the call is late at night or when he is off. To be fair to him, he lives in JB, when I call his SG num and it gives a Msian tone, I hang up and he will return my call using his Msian number promptly, without fail, even now that the reno is completed and I have paid up in full and I need minor touch ups. Responsible comes in the sense that he takes responsibility for his workers, eg, if workers spoil anything, he did not try to pull a stunt saying stuff like "oh originally already like that" or just act blur as I have read in many a post on this forum. He will simply replace it or worse come to worse, fork out from his own pocket, this I know coz his pocket paid for a number of my stuff. When works are not to our expectations, he is open to further negos instead of just shrugging it off, eg my kitchen tile corner spoilt by worker, he offer to remove the tiles for that side and redo, but my CO counter-offered to install a full length mirror in hall as compensation and he was agreeable; carpentry works gave us a few probs which he settled and gave he foc blums for my headaches. I am not saying that if you go to him, you can haggle all kinda shyt, just that when things happen, he takes the responsibility. I saw his reliability from his arrangement of workers. From what I see, arranging workers to come up to do things, confirm wun get a 100% turn up rate or turn up on time rate. But ring Eagle up as many times as I could, but never once did he show me an attitude or in fact any hint of displeasure/irritation.

As for Eden, I am sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience. I have never encountered Eagle as you have described, so I have taken the liberty to ring him up and ask about the whole thing. Well, I must say things aren't as simple as you described it to be, but lets just leave it as a misunderstanding between both parties ya. Its not that I'm promoting him or his company, everyone has the right to choose their own, but I have never got such a mood-swing and attitude-dy tone from him even when i rang him up 5 times at 11+pm on his off day lol. While slamming ids and service staff has been a common phenomenon in this forum and any other, I do believe in giving them due recognition when they deserve it and I aint one easy dude to please.

Agree. It's really up to individual and depends on your luck. I was lucky to have good ID (to me) to renovate my previous and current house. I choose him not bcoz of NW, it's bcoz of him. He was working in other company during my first house renovation. So to me it doesn't matter which company you choose, just choose the right ID and hope he can gets the good contractor and worker to to the work.smile.gif
Hey twinturbo22, hope you have luck next time. Cheers!

Hi ynwa88,

It's great that u followed ur ID from 1 firm to another. It goes to show that he has earned both ur respect & loyalty as a client :)

He must be a great person to work with!

I can feel the other home owners here who approached nrthwst. I was at the choosing phase and my unfortunate  experience with the designer Ford Dung really opened up my eyes to be very careful in choosing the right person to take care of my place. He is totally inexperienced and unprepared for the first appointment. Avoid him at all costs to save your valuable time. He probably need to change his name to cow instead. Very unprofessional with his words and bad attitude. Strongly suggest not to waste your time on this piece of crap.