Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
TYM

Bedhead Against Wall Under Windows

Hi Mr Chong

I read somewhere that it is not good to place the bedhead against the wall under windows. However, we really like the bed but are constraints by the width of our small bedroom and would like to place the bed in this way.

Is it really no good in fengshui? Is there anything I can do to counter or lessen the "harmful effects"?

The window direction is facing southerly.

Tks.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi Mr Chong

I read somewhere that it is not good to place the bedhead against the wall under windows. However, we really like the bed but are constraints by the width of our small bedroom and would like to place the bed in this way.

Is it really no good in fengshui? Is there anything I can do to counter or lessen the "harmful effects"?

The window direction is facing southerly.

Tks.

Hello TYM

Many people have the same problem as you. Not difficult to solve: all you have to do is keep the window close and curtains drawn when sleeping. (Suggest that you use Roman blinds....not so dusty)

In terms of Feng Shui, there's nothing wrong. What will be wrong is when you open the windows when you sleep and allow your head to be expose to natural elements such as cold winds, moisture, rain, birds, flying stones and etc to find their chances in.

Hello TYM

Many people have the same problem as you. Not difficult to solve: all you have to do is keep the window close and curtains drawn when sleeping. (Suggest that you use Roman blinds....not so dusty)

In terms of Feng Shui, there's nothing wrong. What will be wrong is when you open the windows when you sleep and allow your head to be expose to natural elements such as cold winds, moisture, rain, birds, flying stones and etc to find their chances in.

Tks Mr Chong! Can order my bed liao.

Hi Mr Chong,

We plan to place our mattress (no bedframe) on a raised platform on the parquet floor in between 2 windows. Can we sleep with our head under one window (close and cover the window with curtain) while our legs pointed at another window (close the window, but not cover it with curtain to let in some light)? Is this sleeping position ok? Or legs must never point towards any window, but if we cover this window with curtain, would it be fine?

If we were to change our sleeping position in such a way that our head is pointing to the wall with no windows, our legs would point towards the built-in wardrobe doors. Is this fine? Is it akin to legs pointing to the bedroom door which I heard is a no-no (sorry I’m confused)? Do we need to put a screen in between the mattress and the wardrobe? But then the screen would have foldable parts which would point towards the bed…not sure if this is fine either…is it a poison arrow?

There’s a built-in display shelf (its just a long piece of board affixed to the wall with no drawers) located near our head when we sleep. Does it look like a beam near our heads when we sleep? But if we do not intend to sleep with our heads directly below the shelf, we sleep a few inches away from the shelf, is it fine? Does this also means that we don’t have any solid wall backing as our mattress will be a feet or more away from the wall? Is this bad since we do not have any headboard as well? Would you recommend us to remove that shelf, so that our mattress can be positioned next to the wall and have some form of solid wall backing?

Would appreciate your advice. Thks.

Hi Mr Chong,
We plan to place our mattress (no bedframe) on a raised platform on the parquet floor in between 2 windows. Can we sleep with our head under one window (close and cover the window with curtain) while our legs pointed at another window (close the window, but not cover it with curtain to let in some light)? Is this sleeping position ok? Or legs must never point towards any window, but if we cover this window with curtain, would it be fine?
Yes, you may but its better to have all windows covered. You can take a pic to show me what's outside your window if you want to let light in.
If we were to change our sleeping position in such a way that our head is pointing to the wall with no windows, our legs would point towards the built-in wardrobe doors. Is this fine?

Yes this should be fine.

Is it akin to legs pointing to the bedroom door which I heard is a no-no (sorry I’m confused)? Do we need to put a screen in between the mattress and the wardrobe? But then the screen would have foldable parts which would point towards the bed…not sure if this is fine either…is it a poison arrow?

Exposing yourselves to the doorway is always bad.

Don't have to be too concern over the angle caused by the foldable screen. Take a look around you, there are so many angles pointing at you right now, isn't it? If you're still perturbed, just shift the angle slightly off.

There’s a built-in display shelf (its just a long piece of board affixed to the wall with no drawers) located near our head when we sleep. Does it look like a beam near our heads when we sleep? But if we do not intend to sleep with our heads directly below the shelf, we sleep a few inches away from the shelf, is it fine? Does this also means that we don’t have any solid wall backing as our mattress will be a feet or more away from the wall? Is this bad since we do not have any headboard as well? Would you recommend us to remove that shelf, so that our mattress can be positioned next to the wall and have some form of solid wall backing?

Remove the shelf.

Edited by Mr Chong

hi Mr Chong, I'd would like to know if my bedhead is under the windows

can i leave the windows open but close the curtains?

or the windows must be closed?

thank you so much :dunno:

Yes, you may but its better to have all windows covered. You can take a pic to show me what's outside your window if you want to let light in.

Yes this should be fine.

Exposing yourselves to the doorway is always bad.

Don't have to be too concern over the angle caused by the foldable screen. Take a look around you, there are so many angles pointing at you right now, isn't it? If you're still perturbed, just shift the angle slightly off.

Remove the shelf.

Hi Mr Chong,

Thks for yr advice. Hahah wht u say about the angles is so true...didnt thought abt that!

Hi Mr Chong,

We are thinking of placing our bed against a wall with a triangle window above our head. in this way, our feet will be facing the wall of the toilet instead of feet facing the window (another position)

Do we have to seal off the triangle window (the corner is facing outwards) or we just need to keep it close with curtains while sleeping?