Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

I started my reno. on 26/02/07 immediately after CNY. The reno. work ended only after 3 weeks and contractor disappeared after receiving all the payment (completed the electrical and tiling works, because of some problem, unable to proceed with the carpentry work). The contract payment term are as follow:-

10% confirmation of contract

10% confirmation of tiles

20% commencement of works

20% completion of tiling works

20% confirmation & commencement of carpentry work

10% delivery of carpentry job items

10% completion of works

Later, I found out that this contractor have cheated many people and have filed a police report.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Care to share the name/co for the benefit of those currently in the midst of renovation or looking for ID/Contractors?

Care to share the name/co for the benefit of those currently in the midst of renovation or looking for ID/Contractors?

Sorry I am new here. Can I post the name of the contractor and company name here?

Sorry I am new here. Can I post the name of the contractor and company name here?

Not sure also, but if other forumners are openly discussing abt their ID firms and individual IDs, I dun see why we cannot shame a conman openly to warn others.

Hi,summverale.

Can u PM me the particulars of the contractor? I am in the midst of looking for one and hope will not endup with wrong hands...

sorry to hear about your plight

so the carpentry material are delivered but not installed right?

how come you paid the remaining 10% even though works not completed?

so sad to hear about these companies going around cheating pple

maybe you want to share the company name so that others won't get cheated as well

I started my reno. on 26/02/07 immediately after CNY. The reno. work ended only after 3 weeks and contractor disappeared after receiving all the payment (completed the electrical and tiling works, because of some problem, unable to proceed with the carpentry work). The contract payment term are as follow:-

10% confirmation of contract

10% confirmation of tiles

20% commencement of works

20% completion of tiling works

20% confirmation & commencement of carpentry work

10% delivery of carpentry job items

10% completion of works

Later, I found out that this contractor have cheated many people and have filed a police report.

Would advise not to post contractor's name and company on forum, at least until you have your lawyer's advice. PM should be fine. Sorry to hear about this. Hope that your issue will be resolved soon.

sorry to hear about your plight

so the carpentry material are delivered but not installed right?

how come you paid the remaining 10% even though works not completed?

My reno main works include:-

Electrical - Lighting for apartment

Fibre board false ceiling for entrance, living, new constructed and toilet

Tile - Toilet and new constructed room (change heater, piping and etc)

Aluminium - Windows and grills

Carpentry- cabinet for kitchen, toilet, cabinets, wooden sliding door with frame and wooden based platform for new constructed room.

Aircon - replace existing unit with split unit.

Only, only electrical, fibre board and tile have been done (but new constructed room floor not hack yet.

All carpentry not done, all the items that I bought (mixer, washing basin, oven, hob and etc) and Aircon cannot be recovered.

Answer to your question, no, the carpentry work did not even take place. Also, if you look at the item (I did not realise earlier), the carpentary work took more than half total cost of the reno.

Why, I pay him the remaining 10%, at that time I already on my knee hoping the contractor would not run road. The problem came during the very first day the reno and it started and the contractor dismantle my sliding door at the balcony (new constructed room), which found trace of water sippage due to the building problem. Hence, the wooden based platform for the new room cannot be done unless this water sippage issue is 100% resolved. Can you inmagine, I have to work, take care of my family and to settle with the building management on the water sippage issue and not forgetting this professional con-men.

so sad to hear about these companies going around cheating pple

maybe you want to share the company name so that others won't get cheated as well

This contractor did even more nasty things to another one of his client (nearly separate with his wife because of this incident) which I came to knew him after I reported this case to the police, but no use, the police seems like very lost as well (don't know how to proceed). For your info, this contractor is an ex-police of more than 10 years, so he knew some tricks that always put him to his advantages.

Also, for your information, he formerly worked in one of the "Hbay" reno film. So be careful when choosing your contractors, even those from the so-called "Hbay".

The company is Mint Interior Decoration Pte Ltd. The name of this conman is

Roger Lim Yeam Chuan (15906058B).

I will appreciate if anyone can provide me with ideas how to get back the money.

Would advise not to post contractor's name and company on forum, at least until you have your lawyer's advice. PM should be fine. Sorry to hear about this. Hope that your issue will be resolved soon.

Too late, already posted. Hope that no more people falled into his traps anymore.

Thanks. this issue is difficult to resolve, firstly this reno has eaten deeply into my saving. To re-do this apartment, I need to come out with at least another 50% of the money I have lost initially.

That not all, so far I have called up several contractors to come and give quote on the remaining works.

Some of them quoted very high prices because a lot of touch-up works, some even not interested to do this works.

Also, my family member and I were frequently attacked by dust mites even though we tried to clean up the apartment everyday.

I don't think many of you here realised how stressful it is.

So, if you want to reno your dream house, please extreme careful about the contractors that you engaged.

have you tried patrick of ho bee?

me will be getting him to do up my place (just kitchen and some piping works)

his price is very reasonable

don't despair, guess there's nothing much you can do now

the money most likely cannot get back liao

even if the police catch him he will go to jail nia

the money can only get back through civil suit (which is a costly process)

i can't say i know exactly how you feel

me just doing some basic things like sourcing for contractors for various items also very stressed liao. not to mention having to deal with this kind of problem :bangwall:

for the dust mite problem, can you describe it in more details?

coz dust mites usually will just cause allergy reaction or asthma attacks

if it's bites dun think it's dust mites leh

Correct me if I am wrong,

under the forum rules, we are allowed to share our experiences be it good or bad.

So i dun see why we are not allow to provide the name of this conman here.

I am sure our friend her is not from some company or agencies(or anyone with personal agenda) trying to badmouthing/defaming his or her contractor.

I am sad to see that this kind of stuff still happens in Singapore.

Hope some justice can be done very soon.

(b) Badmouthing, Slandering and Personal Attacks

While we allow members to share their experiences, we will not tolerate companies, agencies (or anyone with personal agenda) badmouthing/defaming other companies. If found guilty, the party will be blacklisted and banned immediately. Personal attacks/flaming on fellow forumers, consultants and their businesses, moderators or staffs at RenoTalk will not be tolerated.

Hi Summverale, sad to hear ur encounter hopefully you can find the right contractor to reticfy the prob for you.

Thank you for disclosing that crook name and hope more ppls will beware of those conman.

I sympathise with you....

Have u tried going to CASE for help? They were not much help in my case but yours might be different.

If you have friends who are lawyers, ask for their advice on this. See if there's any way for you to get back your money.

Hope things will end well for u.... All the best.

have you tried patrick of ho bee?

me will be getting him to do up my place (just kitchen and some piping works)

his price is very reasonable

don't despair, guess there's nothing much you can do now

the money most likely cannot get back liao

even if the police catch him he will go to jail nia

the money can only get back through civil suit (which is a costly process)

Ya. It is easy money for his, but for me, it take a long time to save these money.

i can't say i know exactly how you feel

me just doing some basic things like sourcing for contractors for various items also very stressed liao. not to mention having to deal with this kind of problem :)

for the dust mite problem, can you describe it in more details?

coz dust mites usually will just cause allergy reaction or asthma attacks

if it's bites dun think it's dust mites leh

It look like mosquitoe bite, but in one big patches. I ever got onetime, it almost cover the entire back of my body and very itchy.

I asked the contractors who came to quote, and them told me it is dust mite.

Correct me if I am wrong,

under the forum rules, we are allowed to share our experiences be it good or bad.

So i dun see why we are not allow to provide the name of this conman here.

I am sure our friend her is not from some company or agencies(or anyone with personal agenda) trying to badmouthing/defaming his or her contractor.

I am sad to see that this kind of stuff still happens in Singapore.

Hope some justice can be done very soon.

(b) Badmouthing, Slandering and Personal Attacks

While we allow members to share their experiences, we will not tolerate companies, agencies (or anyone with personal agenda) badmouthing/defaming other companies. If found guilty, the party will be blacklisted and banned immediately. Personal attacks/flaming on fellow forumers, consultants and their businesses, moderators or staffs at RenoTalk will not be tolerated.

Thanks Mate! for your support.

Hi Summverale, sad to hear ur encounter hopefully you can find the right contractor to reticfy the prob for you.

Thank you for disclosing that crook name and hope more ppls will beware of those conman.

Thanks..

I sympathise with you....

Have u tried going to CASE for help? They were not much help in my case but yours might be different.

If you have friends who are lawyers, ask for their advice on this. See if there's any way for you to get back your money.

Hope things will end well for u.... All the best.

Hi Disillusioned, saw your case too. So sorry about your case. I think sometime it really depend on luck, whether it is good or bad contractor.

For CASE, not a chance because this conmen do not have company address nor telephone.

All the best to you too.