Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
enci

Cai's Bachelor's Den

Hi enci,

Well...how neat can a guy be when he is living alone? My current room is also like a mess, stuffed every little holes and corners with things.

Your room is not too bad but the rest look kind of chaotic. As for your broken marble floor, I have seen some high fashion boutiques in western countries using that as their floor and it turn out to be very nice and have very unexpected result. Probably the designers there are more adventurous compared to the ones in Singapore who will follow trend. Flip the magazine called Wallpaper, a lifestyle magazine.

Since you wish to highlight your buddha, probably you can get your ID to design a nice altar that is part of some cupboard for storage. Look at the design on Indochine Pub and Restaurant, they play with with the buddha scuplture, wall colours and lighting.

Probably you can have some industry lightings for your ceiling or big track lights that are used in fashion boutique. Warm light is better with white light because it enhance the colours of your wall, white light will just wash out everything.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi enci,

Well...how neat can a guy be when he is living alone? My current room is also like a mess, stuffed every little holes and corners with things.

Your room is not too bad but the rest look kind of chaotic. As for your broken marble floor, I have seen some high fashion boutiques in western countries using that as their floor and it turn out to be very nice and have very unexpected result. Probably the designers there are more adventurous compared to the ones in Singapore who will follow trend. Flip the magazine called Wallpaper, a lifestyle magazine.

Since you wish to highlight your buddha, probably you can get your ID to design a nice altar that is part of some cupboard for storage. Look at the design on Indochine Pub and Restaurant, they play with with the buddha scuplture, wall colours and lighting.

Probably you can have some industry lightings for your ceiling or big track lights that are used in fashion boutique. Warm light is better with white light because it enhance the colours of your wall, white light will just wash out everything.

thanks for the comments ..well, so far .. my id from spacious gave me quite a good design of altar but still need to meet him next week .. then can decide ...

yeah .. i agree with u tat white lights jus spoils everything ...

as for my room, i feel maybe the ceiling is too raw .. so many decide false ceiling or cover lights as to make it better .. my room is actually ikea DIY .. but i duno why i jus canot make the feel .. i think maybe something is missing behing my bedtop , maybe a feature wall ? a difernt tone of colour ? or add some wallpapers ????

already spent 2 K on my room furnishing liao .. so, jus wanna touch up so minor reno i happy liao ..

lol... actually i am a very tidy guy, it gets messy becos i jus keep things and dun use them for yrs and years ... as a result in the chaos now .. haiz ..

jus now, i got so many extra things ...

I got extra stuffs as below:

3 sets of CRTV

3 DVD players

1 old pioneer HTS

1 extra sofa from ikea (kippan)

1 extra coffee table

1 extra chinese lamp

1 extra balinese batik painting

1 extra chinese embroidery painting

amnd many many more ... feel so heart pain to throw and yet so hard to sell off ... wtd ???

haiz ;)

lol... actually i am a very tidy guy, it gets messy becos i jus keep things and dun use them for yrs and years ... as a result in the chaos now .. haiz ..

ai yo, change yr bachelor den into a love nest confirm neat liao lar!! :notti:

the extra stuff you can put up in the trading corner here to sell or give away loh

better still, do barter trade so that you'll get what you want at the same time :notti:

the extra stuff you can put up in the trading corner here to sell or give away loh

better still, do barter trade so that you'll get what you want at the same time :furious:

actually i think if you clear up the mess, use all those extra stuffs of yrs to redecorate the place, can be very cosy lor.. furnishing is as impt as the renovation itself i find.. :notti:

thanks for the comments ..well, so far .. my id from spacious gave me quite a good design of altar but still need to meet him next week .. then can decide ...

yeah .. i agree with u tat white lights jus spoils everything ...

as for my room, i feel maybe the ceiling is too raw .. so many decide false ceiling or cover lights as to make it better .. my room is actually ikea DIY .. but i duno why i jus canot make the feel .. i think maybe something is missing behing my bedtop , maybe a feature wall ? a difernt tone of colour ? or add some wallpapers ????

already spent 2 K on my room furnishing liao .. so, jus wanna touch up so minor reno i happy liao ..

jus now, i got so many extra things ...

I got extra stuffs as below:

3 sets of CRTV

3 DVD players

1 old pioneer HTS

1 extra sofa from ikea (kippan)

1 extra coffee table

1 extra chinese lamp

1 extra balinese batik painting

1 extra chinese embroidery painting

amnd many many more ... feel so heart pain to throw and yet so hard to sell off ... wtd ???

haiz :jawdrop:

Hi enci,

I had posted my bachelor's bedroom in my blog...I have used alot of IKEA furnitures. No money to buy nice wallpapers so frame up wrapping papers.....Check it out if you are interested. I use warm light and lava lamp to create ambience...

enci, i dun mind to "adopt" some of ur stuffs...haha

haha ... u want ? i cheap cheap sell everything away liao .. haha :jawdrop:!!

sUMO.. yr once bachelor room look so nice :notti:!:P!:wacko:!:help:! AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

YR NEW home is also nice ...

i canot believe tat yr room look so good even it is messy

:P

Edited by enci

haha ... u want ? i cheap cheap sell everything away liao .. haha :jawdrop:!!

sUMO.. yr once bachelor room look so nice :notti:!:P!:wacko:!:help:! AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

YR NEW home is also nice ...

i canot believe tat yr room look so good even it is messy

:P

Thanks! Well...its once a bachelor's den so I can throw all my toys, graphics and other stuffs around...it is kind of messy and difficult to clean. IKEA stuffs are not too bad, just have to know what to pick and match. All my furnitures in my room are IKEA except for a ugly looking but durable grey office table... So dun feel so negative with your room...what you are missing is some nice prints and accessories.

big space you have...sure it will turn out nice. but of cos, first $$$$$.

broken marble is nice,...at least no need to worry about the dirty groove in between the tiles.....enjoy your reno process!

big space you have...sure it will turn out nice. but of cos, first $$$$$.

broken marble is nice,...at least no need to worry about the dirty groove in between the tiles.....enjoy your reno process!

haha .. can only pray that will turn out nice ... i tink its really about the ceiling n lighting works that brings out the whole feel ...

as for broken marble ... i feel very low end ... duno why ... maybe will be better when i polish n shine it ? or i should just change the whole floor to hit the modern n high end feeling ?

confused ... its either spacious planners or Gplan now ...

haha .. can only pray that will turn out nice ... i tink its really about the ceiling n lighting works that brings out the whole feel ...

as for broken marble ... i feel very low end ... duno why ... maybe will be better when i polish n shine it ? or i should just change the whole floor to hit the modern n high end feeling ?

Hi Enci,

I have faith in your broken marble floor because it is not a bad colour but it really all depends on your ID whether can he bring out a good design with the existing floor....Talk to them, ask them what kind of inspiration do they have for your home. You have to listen and feel the design through words. Flip more interior magazine...look for international magazine coz local magazine are rather stagnant because most design has formulas.

If you 'bu she de' or don't want to incur extra cost in hacking, can consider laminating yr whole unit to get that high end feeling also.. Coz if do homo, still need to hack away old tiles, cannot overlay.. :)

Awww..... i think most probally i will be handling my reno to Spacious Planners, ID Kenny ... awaiting for final quotation.

Just a note to add on for this ID, Spacious Planners although got very few comments or reviews from this forum while alot of people says that they are expensive.I have to say a few fair words, becos this ID, kenny is from spacious planners, his designs are very nice and new age, modern, sleek watever words tat can best describe it .. he is very understanding guy, willing to work within my budget for my resale flat, and i would say that his designs are very unique and he understands my taste well enuff with just one say and he got excellent memory for every details of my house and watever I said .

Why ? He is one of the best ID that i tok to, listen ... he drew me a 2d perspective using pencil and even colouring when I have not signed any contract with him and he explains in very full details and best of all, he did not even ask me for any amount of money to present me with those pencil 2d drawings .. not many IDs would do that, I would say ... of cos i am not asking u guys to go make use of him for free ideas and perspectives but really to appreciate a hardworking ID as i myself have been searching despite of fear that Spacious Planners might be expensive, ESP to renovate n remake a resale flat with only a tiny budget.

Let me share with everyone on my journey to reno my old home.

Everything started with bryan wong's home decor show and I too wanted to give m 14 yo home a new look but left everything on the shelf due to time constraint.

Then the 2nd show by Chew Chor Meng "never too old" a show sponsored by Chew Interiors, again made me wanna remake my home.

SO.. i started to go to IKEA and buy DIY stuffs to furnish my home but however i just canot get the feel, so I decided to seek professional help .. meaning to look for an ID or contractor to reno my home (also becos my kitchen is tearing soon, haha)

Then i went to Lifestyle21 reno fair .. source for quite a few ID firms, most of it are not up to my standard n feel ... but somehow these few ID firms left me a deep impression:

Unimax Creative, Home Success, Square Room |

but none of them got back to me with quotation, So i went to IMM to have a walk and found out many ID firms from there, then walked past many firms but none caught my attention was the kitchen of Spacious Planners, then a guy ( ID Kenny) came out and talk to me and from then we kept in contact to now, as mentioned above, he is a hard working guy n presents unique designs within my budget and i am really really impressed by him.

I had also talked to Kelvin from Gplan and he was aLso very sincere n helpful I would say but maybe I just did not have the affinity to meet him (hehe .. he got into a accident during the evening he supposed to meet me) ...

the bad experince i had was with City Design and hub Builder... (City design, not helpful with suggestions and ID seems to be suggesting lots of stupid ideas and asking me where i wanna place my sofa etc , goddness :)! he is ID not me ... ) * (hUB Builder, attractve price they got .. but the design too old and "HDB feeling", was pissed off when I told the ID that I dun wanna my future kitchen to have cupboards on the top and his ans was "All houses Kitchen got tat..." haiZzz....

Well, i am still not sure if SP will reno my house or not but i think highly possible. While i document down my reno process for the total makeover. I also hope to share this good ID from Spacious to others...

Oppss... only today i found out tat Edgline n Spacious belongs to one boss!:notti:! cos i went to SP's hidden office today ... haha ...

anyone wanna comment or ID kenny's contacts .. can msg me ...

or any comments about SP also welcomed as I have not signed up yet ... but awfully impressed :D!:D!

P/S: like most plp here, Spacious Planners gives plp the expensive feeling and i too was afraid that it will go very ex with the same perception tat most plp have but i think it really have to go not only with the company but also which ID ... maybe I am jus blessed to meet this ID .

Will update everyone on my process and get everything signed b4 the GSt hike !!!!

Edited by enci