Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Fish_

Kitchen Cabinet Calculation

When we agreed on the quotation, the contractor estimate my kitchen top and bottom is appro 40ft. However the final quote I received after completion is 55ft, which is to my horror cos my kitchen cabinet is basically quite small.

This is a U shape kitchen, consist of the followings:

1. one side 3 doors, middle 4 doors and the other side is 1 door.

2. Some boxup to hide the pipping. - 4.5ft -$405

3. A 10cm space to put sauces which I was told ithe space taken up 2fts. that is $180

4. And 3ft - 10cm thickness laminate to join the cabinet with the strainless steel backing - $270

5. Due to the U shape, I have two L shape corner and was told the corner is count as double. 5ft - $450

I was very taken aback because I didnt expect item 2, 3 and 4 to be calculate as the same rate as the cabinet with door. And also same for item 5, why do I have to pay twice while I only have one working space? All these add up to be $1305. Which is alot of $$$$ to us.

For item 2 -the carpeter advise us not to waste that little space and he can do a simple shelf for us, if we know this so simple shelf will cost so much, we would rather not to have it.

:sport-smiley-004: Help!:( can someone advise me what to do? Is this the norm or regardless of how much space or material you use, will be charge at the same rate as the cabinet. ie my cabinet is $90/ft.

Anybody has similar experience?

And also the open cabinet without door is charge as the same rate as cabinet with door - is this correct?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

55 ft should be very long lor...

Just to share with U mine... this is 31 ft...

kitchen19sw.th.jpg

The cabniet is 10ft.... exclude the breakfast table and the shelf...

kitchen28os.th.jpg

may be U can show the picture to be more clear??

When we agreed on the quotation, the contractor estimate my kitchen top and bottom is appro 40ft. However the final quote I received after completion is 55ft, which is to my horror cos my kitchen cabinet is basically quite small.

This is a U shape kitchen, consist of the followings:

1. one side 3 doors, middle 4 doors and the other side is 1 door.

2. Some boxup to hide the pipping. - 4.5ft -$405

3. A 10cm space to put sauces which I was told ithe space taken up 2fts. that is $180

4. And 3ft - 10cm thickness laminate to join the cabinet with the strainless steel backing - $270

5. Due to the U shape, I have two L shape corner and was told the corner is count as double. 5ft - $450

I was very taken aback because I didnt expect item 2, 3 and 4 to be calculate as the same rate as the cabinet with door. And also same for item 5, why do I have to pay twice while I only have one working space? All these add up to be $1305. Which is alot of $$$$ to us.

For item 2 -the carpeter advise us not to waste that little space and he can do a simple shelf for us, if we know this so simple shelf will cost so much, we would rather not to have it.

:notti: Help!:jawdrop: can someone advise me what to do? Is this the norm or regardless of how much space or material you use, will be charge at the same rate as the cabinet. ie my cabinet is $90/ft.

Anybody has similar experience?

And also the open cabinet without door is charge as the same rate as cabinet with door - is this correct?

There is no such thing as counting cabinet+boxup -> The cabinet itself is consider the box up.

=>> They earn extra $$$

There is no such thing as 10cm space to put sauces =>> They earn extra $$$

There is no such thing as 10cm thickness laminate to join the cabinet -> cabinet is cabinet...does that mean they admit their workmanship is lousy? =>> They earn extra $$$

Finally, no such thing as corner is count as double =>> They earn extra extra $$$$$$.

You better count peanuts will all these monkeys!