Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi all,

Just trying to find out any1 done a huge wall photo..abt 7ft x 11ft long.How much pixel of the original picture is required to "blow up" to this kind of size.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi all,

Just trying to find out any1 done a huge wall photo..abt 7ft x 11ft long.How much pixel of the original picture is required to "blow up" to this kind of size.

Depends on how close you want to view... For advertising billboards, the pixels can be as big as a tennis ball and it would still be ok. For your home however, the viewing distance is probably not that far.

Let me give you a tip: it's probably a lot more than 16 MP. In other words, no 35 mm camera today can give you wall size enlargements that you'll be happy with.

Depends on how close you want to view... For advertising billboards, the pixels can be as big as a tennis ball and it would still be ok. For your home however, the viewing distance is probably not that far.

Let me give you a tip: it's probably a lot more than 16 MP. In other words, no 35 mm camera today can give you wall size enlargements that you'll be happy with.

Hi Waileong

I actually had a 1.25 MP photo that i like to enlarge it..taken at NY central park,literary Walk.Its actually more of scenery photo,quess the printer will not be able to make it clear coz of the low quality of the photo taken.But do you have any ideal if the PDI of the printer is of higher quality,will it help.Lets say 150PDI then a 100DPI.TIA

:)

someone did told me to look for a shop in KEYPOINT(near golden mile)

said that they have very advance equipement to blow up small pics to large posters.

have yet to find out though.

Hi Waileong

I actually had a 1.25 MP photo that i like to enlarge it..taken at NY central park,literary Walk.Its actually more of scenery photo,quess the printer will not be able to make it clear coz of the low quality of the photo taken.But do you have any ideal if the PDI of the printer is of higher quality,will it help.Lets say 150PDI then a 100DPI.TIA

:)

The DPI of the printer has nothing to do with how large a photo can be blown up. You cannot make a large good photo if the original image does not have enough pixels. 1.25 MP is tiny, even handphones have more than 1.25 MP these days. It's good only for 4R prints.

Thanks for your information Waileong and MaCe.Quess will not be puting the photo up then...Kind of Sayang,coz really liked the picture very much.Can't seems to find a good high quality picture. :dunno:

Hi all,

I have seen an advertisement for a company that does wall to wall type of photos. Very elegant touch. The name of the company is Letchford.

I have seen an advertisement for a company that does wall to wall type of photos. Very elegant touch. The name of the company is Letchford.

How abt wall stickers? Have any1 heard of doin wall stickers where they print your pics on paste-able paper and just apply on the wall?