Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
poundesville

What's A Fair Charges?

Hello all,

I received quotation from one contractor and I highly believe that i'm overcharged.

Question here is by how much?

How much is a fair rate if you ask your contractor do to the following?

1. install toilet bowl, heater and a tap ?

2. How much is a piece of glass 5mm thick about 1.8m long?

The list is long - but I just need to know for sure that the ammount charged here is fair or far out from being fair.

For more example with picture, please have a look at Reno Pic. It might take a while to load but just be patience. If you want the words bigger, find the magnifying glass button on the top right corner.

Looking forward to your input

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

ummm, personal experience with contractors and ID is that they will charge certain items at lower-tan-market rate and certain items higher. think the bottom line is more important, i.e. for all the works done how much does it cost...

ummm, personal experience with contractors and ID is that they will charge certain items at lower-tan-market rate and certain items higher. think the bottom line is more important, i.e. for all the works done how much does it cost...

Every parts of it are rather expensive.. If you open my picture, you could see that 2 shelvings cost me $200.

The fee to install toilet bowl , heater and tap is near to $450. Even after I supply the toilet bowl and the heater myself....

The rest are rather difficult to draw but I still think they are high too (I believe).

wah, then no need to even consider them liao loh

my contractor is charging $60 to install heater but dun have the other two coz i'm not changing

shelving depends a lot on the material used loh

ply or solid, stainless steel or normal metal bracket, weight-support all play a part in the price...

depends on how much stuffs you engage the contractor to do.

for me:

change basin - free

install taps - free

charges only $380 or something for all the water pipes(stainlesssteel).

I did once call up Rigel, if buy toilet bowl and basins from them, they charges $120 and $80 for installation.

depends on how much stuffs you engage the contractor to do.

for me:

change basin - free

install taps - free

charges only $380 or something for all the water pipes(stainlesssteel).

I did once call up Rigel, if buy toilet bowl and basins from them, they charges $120 and $80 for installation.

toilet bowls $120. Let's assume replace water heater is another $50, then it only comes to a bout 170.

changing the tap water shouldn't be too expensive either, as the basin remains.

applefreak,

are you happy with your contractor, if yes can you pm the contact number?

thks

toilet bowls $120. Let's assume replace water heater is another $50, then it only comes to a bout 170.

changing the tap water shouldn't be too expensive either, as the basin remains.

applefreak,

are you happy with your contractor, if yes can you pm the contact number?

thks

if you get a contractor to go all the way to your house and fix only the tap, even so market rate is only $60-$80.

call hobee 96792934

Every parts of it are rather expensive.. If you open my picture, you could see that 2 shelvings cost me $200.

The fee to install toilet bowl , heater and tap is near to $450. Even after I supply the toilet bowl and the heater myself....

The rest are rather difficult to draw but I still think they are high too (I believe).

450 is definitely over charged. I paid 150 for 1 set of toilet bowl and basin and another 80 for storage heater. normal heater should cost less than 80. the price that your contractor quote you, could it be 2 sets of toilet bowl, basin and instant heater?

450 is definitely over charged. I paid 150 for 1 set of toilet bowl and basin and another 80 for storage heater. normal heater should cost less than 80. the price that your contractor quote you, could it be 2 sets of toilet bowl, basin and instant heater?

good point. maybe 2 sets, although i said only the inside one. but that makes sense

however, as you can see in the pic, the rest of the furnitures like very very expensive. Or am i just not ready to spend that big amount of money?

To reno 3 rooms (no flooring done by the way) + divider + kitchen door and some corner shelf - cost is 13k

can share with you what ho bee quote me

1. total 16.5ft kitchen cabinet with blumotion drawer runners and hinges, c/w 6ft granite countertop

2. painting whole unit and patch up groove lines

3. install windows for balcony and yard

4. install all lights, extend two light points, install blinds, extend two extra scv pt

5. install exhaust fan, toilet & kitchen accessories, undermount sink with 4.5ft concrete support, install sink inlet/outlet, install shower sets

6. haulage, removal and 2 x chemical wash

all these less than $8.5k

one thing about your quotation is you didn't mention how much carpentry works you are doing. if your reno 3 rooms means all roomes have - built-in wardrobe, platform beds and maybe feature wall, then $13k is reasonable in my opinion...

can share with you what ho bee quote me

1. total 16.5ft kitchen cabinet with blumotion drawer runners and hinges, c/w 6ft granite countertop

2. painting whole unit and patch up groove lines

3. install windows for balcony and yard

4. install all lights, extend two light points, install blinds, extend two extra scv pt

5. install exhaust fan, toilet & kitchen accessories, undermount sink with 4.5ft concrete support, install sink inlet/outlet, install shower sets

6. haulage, removal and 2 x chemical wash

all these less than $8.5k

one thing about your quotation is you didn't mention how much carpentry works you are doing. if your reno 3 rooms means all roomes have - built-in wardrobe, platform beds and maybe feature wall, then $13k is reasonable in my opinion...

applefreak,

The nature of what you're doing with mine are different by a lot. So I can't really judge by that.

what I'm doing is lot more wood work.

1. Divider for living room

2. shelves in dining room

3. shelves + hanging cabinet + wardrobe in one room

4. raised platform (size of a single bed) + moving of build in wardrobe from one wall to another

5. half platform wall that block toilet from bed

6. 2 wood frames with doors that divided master room and 2nd bedroom.

7. tv shelv in mster room.

All these are mostly wood work .....

are you happy with Ho Bee's work?

hehehe, have not even started my own renovation

still waiting for hdb to rectify my list of 40 defects :seeya:

but i have spoken to ho bee's carpenter ah keong

he is really good and so far forummers are all very happy with his work

maybe you can check out the ho bee thread to see who can give you more information :dunno: