Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tanjiro

removal of citygas pipe

Hi,

I bought a 54 year old 3 room resale unit and ID proposed shifting kitchen cabinet to the opposite wall in the kitchen area so I can align my fridge, kitchen cabinets and washing machine on one side.

I realised there is gas pipe at the original location which now becomes my walk way. I find it an eye sore to have a gas pipe protruding from the ground along the walk way and since gas stove is at the opposite wall now,  likely the gas pipe would have to be ran across the ceiling to the other side.

ID suggested boxing up the pipe which I feel doesn't address the issue because unlikely you can conceal the pipes all the way to the other side. I've considered purposing the pipes as a hanging rack to hang stuff or a painting.

My question is can i scrap installation of a gas stove and just remove this gas pipe protruding from the ground completely?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

update:

Contacted powergas and they came down to remove the gas pipe but I still have a pipe about 5-6 inches protruding straight out of the ground so that doesn't entirely solve the problem. The only way seems to be covering the pipe up with a cabinet or shelf