Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wtg54

Diy Mosiac

Hi All,

Do you know where I can get the mosaic tiles in small qty for DIY. Intend to do some design in my bathroom.

Anyone done it before and knwo where to get the necessary adhesive and stuffs?

Thanks.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

how small a quantity ? nt sure if u can buy a few from tiles shops. and i saw some quite a while ago at Daiso, IMM. Maybe u might want to check it out ?

think some tile shops do sell in small quantities

though the price would be quite close to the display price

remember a guy buying one piece of tile from hafary and the SA only gave him 20% discount

Hi, I enquired from Hafary their range of mosaic tiles. They do sell in sheets. So u can get a few sheets of diff colors to mix & match. Ard $9 ~ $14 .. 30x30cm in size. You can use max bond & putty for DIY :yamseng:

Hello wtg54.

I have some mosaic tiles in sheets (30 cm X 30 cm) left over from my mum's recent reno of her kitchen basin ... I think you can have them for a couple of dollars per sheet as she does not need them anymore.....

I think there are about up to 10 sheets , but have to check to be sure ? The colour of the tiles is light green in different tones as these pictures indicate :

22052007561001yx0.th.jpg

22052007562001ho6.th.jpg

04052007492001yf0.th.jpg

Please PM if you are still interested, maybe you will need 5 or 6 sheets only.....

Hi All,

Thanks for your reply. I prob need about 1.5ft x 5ft (about 45cm x 150cm) area for the mosiac. So going by 30x30cm sheets, I prob need about 8 sheets. Jus a question on pasting. After I have attached them to the wall, wat product should I buy to fill in the grout?

Expresso,

thanks for your offer, but my toilet comes in some ugly HDB orange, so green may not blend.

Thanks all..

Hello wtg54.

I have some mosaic tiles in sheets (30 cm X 30 cm) left over from my mum's recent reno of her kitchen basin ... I think you can have them for a couple of dollars per sheet as she does not need them anymore.....

I think there are about up to 10 sheets , but have to check to be sure ? The colour of the tiles is light green in different tones as these pictures indicate :

22052007561001yx0.th.jpg

22052007562001ho6.th.jpg

04052007492001yf0.th.jpg

Please PM if you are still interested, maybe you will need 5 or 6 sheets only.....

Hi,how many sheets you have and how much izit going?

Hi All,

Do you know where I can get the mosaic tiles in small qty for DIY. Intend to do some design in my bathroom.

Thanks.

I have just retuned from a shopping trip to Unlimited Tile. Bought one case of mosaic tile for $90. I think one case contains something like 4 square metres of mosaic tiles. But I am sure they will sell you any quantity you want. :)

Hi All,

Thanks.

I have just retuned from a shopping trip to Unlimited Tile. Bought one case of mosaic tile for $90. I think one case contains something like 4 square metres of mosaic tiles. But I am sure they will sell you any quantity you want. :)

Hi, Have you all DIY-ed your bathroom? gt pics? intending to DIY myself too and get some tips from u all .. :)

Thanks

I just got my mosiac from Hafary last saturday... I wanna put it on my shoe cabinet top whereby the surface is spoilt... but found out that the colours I have chosen does not match to the area around...

Gonna go and buy another set of mosiac again... In the mean time, I am gonna use the current mosiac on my other project... Can't wait to start it and post in this forum... But I need to finish doing up my bedroom first... Rushing to finish it on 31 Jul.. cos 1 Aug is the "Opening of h.e.l.l Gates" liao...

Edited by wolverine_x

Hi,

able to pm me of the address of Unlimited Tile? How do u fixed to the wall? Need wat materials? Cos I hope to DIY my bathroom.. Very ex to let contractor do.. Besides, their tiles are very "o pian" to me.. hee.. thanks alot!!

can try another tiles shop, SOON BEE HUAT at Toh Guan Road East there...and if u are in needed for tiler, can pm me for contact number, tiler himself work for Earnest Interiors..

Dear All

I would like to revive this thread a little.

I m soon to be doing our new hse & I was telling ID we want to play ard w/ mosaic. Bt then I know mosaic is more exp than any other tilesl If tats the case, do u think it's possible for us to buy & gv them instead?

I've once watched Mark Lee & Bryan Wong's Home Decor Survival & they went to a shop to buy & DIY. Do you know which one was that?

Also, do you know roughly hw much it will cost for IDs to charge u on mosaic vs buy ourselves?

Is it difficult to ay mosaic tiles? They come in flat pcs one & can sell loose?

Thks for all your contribution in advance.