Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi there ,Have anybody have any ideas of nice designs for resale 5 rooms (A) type to share size 138 sq m.I have just brought one in the resales market and would like to see some nice designs to renovate my flat.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

U can refer to home design magazine. There are a lots in the market, like squareroom, home concept, etc or look through id works.

Hi there ,Have anybody have any ideas of nice designs for resale 5 rooms (A) type to share size 138 sq m.I have just brought one in the resales market and would like to see some nice designs to renovate my flat.

Approach few ID or contractor for quote and suggestion. They are the best ppl to advise what suit your needs and budget. Foremost meeting these ppl, you most prepare a full list of what you want for every corner of the house irregardless of the budget. Meet the renovator with this list and they will give you a better picture with sample photo or 3D drawing. Thereafter, quote follow and you will then able to cost for your budget. Start deleting least priority items and leave necessity till budget meet. For an area of 138 sq m unit, your budget would probably come up between $25K to $50k dependent on what you want. Is your unit in Tampines? 138 sq m 5 rm flat is very rare in Singapore.

Approach few ID or contractor for quote and suggestion. They are the best ppl to advise what suit your needs and budget. Foremost meeting these ppl, you most prepare a full list of what you want for every corner of the house irregardless of the budget. Meet the renovator with this list and they will give you a better picture with sample photo or 3D drawing. Thereafter, quote follow and you will then able to cost for your budget. Start deleting least priority items and leave necessity till budget meet. For an area of 138 sq m unit, your budget would probably come up between $25K to $50k dependent on what you want. Is your unit in Tampines? 138 sq m 5 rm flat is very rare in Singapore.

Thank you for your advice.My unit is at Bukit Batok and they are 22 years old.I brought it because is 138 sq M. 5 rooms with good layout.I already got an ID to draw 3D for me.I think it will easily cost me at least $50K.Once I got a better picture I will let you know.

Thanks

so big...best wld be to get big TV & big sofa heh heh heh

design wise, depends on ur home layout (which we dunno) & preference (zen, contemporary, manhattan...?)

my place is a 5 room 133sqm 23 yrs old in Tampines. The reno costs me nearly $60k - i really change everything - no furnishings yet! becareful coz when your place is big, a lot of things cost more like furnishings like wat cornetto said, WIRING, carpentry, aircon etc. CHECK if your place can support double compressor...otherwise like us, we're so upset that we dun have enough power to airon our living room :unsure:

also take note that these old flats probably cannot 'conceal' much of the wire trunking so it will be very ugly. My ID was very careful abt that point and took a lot of pains to hide it. However you will NEED false ceilings la, built in this and that to effectively hide otherwise will spoil our design with the trunking. So when those ppl show u drawings or ideas be VERY sure bring up this point.

my place is a 5 room 133sqm 23 yrs old in Tampines. The reno costs me nearly $60k - i really change everything - no furnishings yet! becareful coz when your place is big, a lot of things cost more like furnishings like wat cornetto said, WIRING, carpentry, aircon etc. CHECK if your place can support double compressor...otherwise like us, we're so upset that we dun have enough power to airon our living room :wub:

also take note that these old flats probably cannot 'conceal' much of the wire trunking so it will be very ugly. My ID was very careful abt that point and took a lot of pains to hide it. However you will NEED false ceilings la, built in this and that to effectively hide otherwise will spoil our design with the trunking. So when those ppl show u drawings or ideas be VERY sure bring up this point.

Hi all,

I have a HUGE 152 SqM (1,636 Sq Ft) Executive Flat at Tampines which is 20+ years old. Almost done with reno, 1 more week to go. The place is already huge and the previous tenant bought the recess area, as such, I have this huge place. 3 Bed rooms, 1 study and I created a storeroom.

I have to do EVERYTHING from wiring to changing windows/doors/gate, etc.

We did not go with ID. We saved a bundle by going directly with a reno contractor - he is the bottom of the reno food chain, ie. IDs will use him.

Reno by him is about $29K (floor, toilets, parquet rooms, hacking walls, balcony door), Windows $3k+, Wiring $3K+, Kitchen (Classic) $7k+, other misc (wardrobe, toilet bowls, kitchen appliances, TV, curtains, etc) about $15K.

Hi all,

I have a HUGE 152 SqM (1,636 Sq Ft) Executive Flat at Tampines which is 20+ years old. Almost done with reno, 1 more week to go. The place is already huge and the previous tenant bought the recess area, as such, I have this huge place. 3 Bed rooms, 1 study and I created a storeroom.

I have to do EVERYTHING from wiring to changing windows/doors/gate, etc.

We did not go with ID. We saved a bundle by going directly with a reno contractor - he is the bottom of the reno food chain, ie. IDs will use him.

Reno by him is about $29K (floor, toilets, parquet rooms, hacking walls, balcony door), Windows $3k+, Wiring $3K+, Kitchen (Classic) $7k+, other misc (wardrobe, toilet bowls, kitchen appliances, TV, curtains, etc) about $15K.

wa sounds like a good deal, you got any pics? :bangwall:

hi sg_retroguy,

care to share more reno tips and pix?

i just bog a resale Em at hougang,..and now cracking my head to finalise on reno,....and also i am on budget, thus need alot of advise and tips.

if can, please PM me.

Thanks

Hi .

My contractor is reliable, i did my house last year n was on budget, he helped me settle everything and workmanship was good. The other contractors sub their work to him cos he's manufacturer.U can pm me for the contact and i m sure he can help u.

Hi Xinyi. Can PM me the name and contact? Any pictures of your home renovated to share?

Hi .

My contractor is reliable, i did my house last year n was on budget, he helped me settle everything and workmanship was good. The other contractors sub their work to him cos he's manufacturer.U can pm me for the contact and i m sure he can help u.