Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ddavid1972

Dotted Black Granite For Flooring

Hi there,

Can anybody give me some ideas for colours for my wall and colours for my furnitures.

I know is difficult to match but I am sure some of you got good colour scent.I really need some advice on colour selection.

thanks

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

wah... your choice of flooring is very daring!

hmm... what kind of theme are you having in mind?

There are so many color combination that can go really well with your dark floor. Think about the kind of theme you want, then it is easier to discuss with you the different color combi for your home.

Modern?

Comtemporary?

Retro?

Neutral?

etc...etc...

Is your dotted black granite flooring using is the black galaxy? I love the sparkles... but take care when mopping.

Black is very class, and goes well with most colors. For contrast, use light color, for complement, use natural color. Don't use dark color cos it will make your house dark & eerie.

Hi there,

Can anybody give me some ideas for colours for my wall and colours for my furnitures.

I know is difficult to match but I am sure some of you got good colour scent.I really need some advice on colour selection.

thanks

My flat is a resales flat and the flooring for living,dinning and all rooms are with granite dotted black colour.

I like Modern designs and bright looking.I have no choice but to live with it.I am no good in colours and want to do feature wall for my LCD to be hang up.What colours of wood should I use?Wall colour is white or something better .Can I have some ideas from you.Have you seen anybody having similar colour granite?

Appreciate if others can offer me some ideas.

thanks

Is your dotted black granite flooring using is the black galaxy? I love the sparkles... but take care when mopping.

Black is very class, and goes well with most colors. For contrast, use light color, for complement, use natural color. Don't use dark color cos it will make your house dark & eerie.

Thanks and what colour should I paint on the wall? White, light grey?

actually if you are bold enough, maybe you want to consider white laminate for your feature wall. check out ikea for a feel of how the white glossy laminate looks like :)

think it will offer a nice contrast and brighten up the place at the same time :notti:

Well Hi to all

well guess the new house is at Bukit Batok Ave 8.

I also wanted to know what are the colours that could match with our rather interesting colours of the granite.

Well will have pictures up on this to show the floor as soon as i have it.

Then I guss you people could help us on the matching colour scheme.

actually if you are bold enough, maybe you want to consider white laminate for your feature wall. check out ikea for a feel of how the white glossy laminate looks like :o

think it will offer a nice contrast and brighten up the place at the same time :yamseng:

You ideas is not bad and nice .How big should be the white laminated board,you think?Do you mean just a rectangle piece of white borad on the wall or the whole wall.I will have a TV table below. about 10 ft.Beside a white board any other colour to blend with it.Apprecite your advice.

thanks.

think the board should be as wide as the table

but it's a personal choice bah :P

the whole thing can be in white glossy laminate with coloured stripes

if your granite is really black galaxy, can even go for sparse gold stripes on the board 8|

sparse as in really sparse, maybe just one or two stripes on the entire board :notti:

i love granite flooring and i would go for furnitures that can bring out the beauty of the floor instead of take away attention from it

so i'd most probably go for light coloured furniture with simple lines i.e. not much design

think the board should be as wide as the table

but it's a personal choice bah :P

the whole thing can be in white glossy laminate with coloured stripes

if your granite is really black galaxy, can even go for sparse gold stripes on the board 8|

sparse as in really sparse, maybe just one or two stripes on the entire board :notti:

i love granite flooring and i would go for furnitures that can bring out the beauty of the floor instead of take away attention from it

so i'd most probably go for light coloured furniture with simple lines i.e. not much design

I can visualise how this borad will look and is great.Are you a interior designer?What colour of furnitures should I buy like sofa.leather or cloth?If you can think of something nice please let know.

thanks

hahaha you see me so up ah :notti:

me just love granite and has been reading up on homes with granite

be it flooring, countertop, table-top, vanity top

aiyah all the tops loh

really really love the look of granite 8|

actually sofa material should be decided by your needs

e.g. do you need stain-resistance or scratch-resistance?

but if you go for white glossy laminate, leather would look more sleek

however, maintenance is more siong loh :P

I hear it is leather that maintenance is low, just need to use cloth and wipe with some leather protection substance. Whereas fabric need to brush every now & then to remove hair, fingernail, dust. Leather also more cooling.

think for me leather is more difficult to maintain

coz i can live with the fabric with hair, dust etc but leather can't leave it bah, if dun maintain will crack after some time. genuine leather is cooling but PVC or PU is :(

but then hor, i got leather anyway coz if i use fabric and my babies vomit on the sofa, then the whole sofa got to through away liao

coz the moisture will definitely seep through all the way :(

genuine leather will not crack so easily, but PVC yes.

Yar. Fabric needs to go for washing and to put them back is not easy, hurts my fingers.

so genuine leather once year wipe the conditioner one time can?

now head big big over the maintenance :(

TS, go for furniture with simple lines and you won't go wrong :)

remember to start a t-blog chat for us to spam

and for me to :( over the flooring