Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
preciousmoments

Chips On Marble Top?

Hi,

just gotten a marble top dining table and wanted to know how to protect the marble. Can owners of marble surface furniture kindly advise me?

Will there be chips in the event of hard knocks or does it depend on the quality of the marble? Does it need polishing? Thanks. !!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi,

just gotten a marble top dining table and wanted to know how to protect the marble. Can owners of marble surface furniture kindly advise me?

Will there be chips in the event of hard knocks or does it depend on the quality of the marble? Does it need polishing? Thanks. :jawdrop:

Hi, I am also interested in getting a marble top dining table, where do you get yours?

Marble is not hard like granite and is quite porous, i.e., if you spill coffee, curry sauce etc, it will get absorbed if not cleaned fast. If you have natural marble, then you need to ne extra careful.

There are many shops that sell polyester coated marble tops. These are supposed to last about 10 years with light to moderate use without requiring polishing or re-coating. You can use a mild detergent to clean off coffee/etc stains. It's much easier to protect against staining with these coated tables.

I remember some shops in the furniture mall (beach road) and IMM selling these coated tables.