Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Phantom

The Question Is, Would You?

Just for discussion:

IF you have just left a job and joined a new company for 3 weeks. (Getting a 30% increment along the way)

And now ANOTHER company comes along and offers you to double your new salary..(excluding bonuses)

For discussion, let's say that Industry is still pretty similar, nature of work different.. but still both are sales type of job for example...

What would you do?

- Assume that new company doesn't know you just left the old job.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

there is no so call free lunch in life.

ask yourself why they can give such a good deal

what will they gain from you joining them

what is the company background, credential, performance, style etc in comparison

should give u more ideas

there is no so call free lunch in life.

ask yourself why they can give such a good deal

what will they gain from you joining them

what is the company background, credential, performance, style etc in comparison

should give u more ideas

Actually quite a few of my friends are already making that range.. ex-colleauges since days gone by. Which is why i'm tempted.

I'm getting this "deal" due to my overseas headhunter.

Basically they just want me to help grow the business. Then again, they pay well in the Finance Sector.

Its a big firm, not so straightforward to get into. Almost never advertise normally if they require ppl.

I do agree with you that there's never a free lunch.

Probably I need to bring in NFI for the company in the tune of at least a couple of million. lol.

guess it's a case of yi fen geng yun, yi fen shou hou

you reap what you sow

if there's such an invitation, that means your reputation quite good right?

but since there's the expectation, maybe you want to ask if you are able to meet that expectation.

if you dun mind the extra hours and are confident of your abilities, i dun see why not

go grab that double salary :D

Edited by applefreak

guess it's a case of yi fen geng yun, yi fen shou hou

you reap what you sow

if there's such an invitation, that means your reputation quite good right?

but since there's the expectation, maybe you want to ask if you are able to meet that expectation.

if you dun mind the extra hours and are confident of your abilities, i dun see why not

go grab that double salary :D

honestly my reputation is really 1/2 cm thick nia.. lol... thanks for the Big Hat.. i'm honoured.

I guess, they might have seen something in me that might have made them felt that its a good job fit.

Personally I'm still not sure. Wherever i worked, I've always put in extra hours so thats not a issue to me.. Its just that I feel guilty about leaving even though its only been 3 weeks. I was never a person who would work a short while and leave and jump and leave and jump.

thanks applefreak

hehehe, heard from friends that's how to get pay raises faster in private sector

if you dun job-hop once every year or two, the increments come trickling in :P

guess ultimately it's what you are comfortable with, just like choosing ID

may not be the cheapest, but must be comfortable :D:P

hehehe, heard from friends that's how to get pay raises faster in private sector

if you dun job-hop once every year or two, the increments come trickling in :notti:

guess ultimately it's what you are comfortable with, just like choosing ID

may not be the cheapest, but must be comfortable :rofl: :rofl:

lol.. you made a difficult question look simple.

Thanks.

Try telling the new company that you had just joined this current company for 3 weeks, and see what is their reaction. Better to be frank from the beginning.

Same thing happened to my friend, but the new company waited for him for two years and the position remain vacant. He just joined them recently.

Bottomline is you want to join a company that is sincerely appreciate your talents, not your customer base. If someone only employs you JUST to have you bring over the sales to them, regardless of your abilities and character, you won't be happy there. While your network is important, it should not be the ONLY reason why a company is paying you for.

Dude, you really the worm in my tummy.

lol.. I was thinking just the same thing.

I fully agree with you. A promise is worth its weight in gold. No doubt the lure of money is attractive and i'm not ashamed to say that.

I was thinking something along the line of telling them and see the reaction. if they willling to wait and the problem is the timing then we'll see how things develop in a year or two.

We should get a beer one of these days.. ha ha ha...