Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ilys

Haulage,sand Supply

hi,

any1 can recommend a haulage contractor to move sand, tiles and clear debris?

i have been quo ridiculous from 600 plus (w/o clearing debris) to 1k (which includes all) from own con.

afterall, i m only usin sand only for living rm/dining.

pls advise . tks

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

For new flat, there is an "authorised" contractor that provides such services. Town council actually engage one contractor for clearing of debris because they cannot allow everyone to put a bin downstairs.

However, the irritating thing is that the same contractor also provides sand, and most people usually buy sand from them. Why? Because its convenient, because its more direct, etc.

But more importantly, because they are the same guys who clear your debris and have access to your flat! Got a guy who, like you, refused to take the sand from the "authorised" contractor; in the end the debris in his flat was not cleared for two weeks and there is a stench. And don't forget, because they need to clear debris, they also have access to your number lock during the reno, where you might store your valuables or equipment.

Surely you do not want to "offend" them and have your flat "black-mark", would you? Same like you I also wanted to look for another contractor (because the "authorised contractor" charges me $1200 for living/dining), but when I realise this fact, bo pianz, its the reality here. No point to suffer just for a few hundred dollars; nothing much you can do about it, really.

Edited by zirhk3355

For new flat, there is an "authorised" contractor that provides such services. Town council actually engage one contractor for clearing of debris because they cannot allow everyone to put a bin downstairs.

However, the irritating thing is that the same contractor also provides sand, and most people usually buy sand from them. Why? Because its convenient, because its more direct, etc.

But more importantly, because they are the same guys who clear your debris and have access to your flat! Got a guy who, like you, refused to take the sand from the "authorised" contractor; in the end the debris in his flat was not cleared for two weeks and there is a stench. And don't forget, because they need to clear debris, they also have access to your number lock during the reno.

Surely you do not want to "offend" them and have your flat "black-mark", would you? Yeah I also felt like sh*t when I realise this fact, but too bad, its the reality here.

dats why my con offers the first part of the job.. ie, transporting the material (sand, tiles) but clearing of debris ask me to get from TC appointment one.. which adds up to be a bomb.. 1k.

Edited by ilys

Hi, may i know what about resale flat ? Any assigned contractor by town council to carry out this function ? Is it a "fixed" pricing. Noted that different ID/contractor charged differenty for it ?

Currently i'm sourcing for a ID/contractor to do up my resale 5 room flat and thus "studying" all the quotations given by a few IDs/contractors. Headache......

But more importantly, because they are the same guys who clear your debris and have access to your flat! Got a guy who, like you, refused to take the sand from the "authorised" contractor; in the end the debris in his flat was not cleared for two weeks and there is a stench. And don't forget, because they need to clear debris, they also have access to your number lock during the reno, where you might store your valuables or equipment.

Surely you do not want to "offend" them and have your flat "black-mark", would you? Same like you I also wanted to look for another contractor (because the "authorised contractor" charges me $1200 for living/dining), but when I realise this fact, bo pianz, its the reality here. No point to suffer just for a few hundred dollars; nothing much you can do about it, really.

kao.. tis sounds like majiam living in indonesia or china leh.. how can sg gov/town council allow tis to happen? :D

hi,

any1 can recommend a haulage contractor to move sand, tiles and clear debris?

i have been quo ridiculous from 600 plus (w/o clearing debris) to 1k (which includes all) from own con.

afterall, i m only usin sand only for living rm/dining.

pls advise . tks

May I know how do you determine expensive when you are not too sure how much debris will there be. There is always a "ruler" to quantify the cost. Firstly, some contractor charge haulage fee while some don't. This is due to the spread out cost for individual contractor's calculation. To other point is clearing debris which most contractor will charge cos there will be cost incurred for dumping at ENV dumping ground and also the rental and transport cost for skip tank. Looking at your description, I presume the Haulage is $600 and $400 goes to clearing debris. $400 for clearing debris is cheap if you are hacking the entire unit for 4 to 5 room when most of contractor will charge around $600.00. But bear in mind that $600 for haulage is on a high side when some contractor don't even charge that at all esp when they are hacking the place. I think your contractor is trying to swing their profit margin to Haulage fee as he think this is a "must do" thing and you will pay for it, while keeping the clearing debris fee lower to be attractive that's all. Hiring another group to do the job may cost more as they come in only to this item. Besides, by doing so, you'll cause unhappyiness between the two contractors when they are blaming each other for the work. I should be in a better picture if I can have a clearer picture of what is quoted to you. PM me if you need some advice.

May I know how do you determine expensive when you are not too sure how much debris will there be. There is always a "ruler" to quantify the cost. Firstly, some contractor charge haulage fee while some don't. This is due to the spread out cost for individual contractor's calculation. To other point is clearing debris which most contractor will charge cos there will be cost incurred for dumping at ENV dumping ground and also the rental and transport cost for skip tank. Looking at your description, I presume the Haulage is $600 and $400 goes to clearing debris. $400 for clearing debris is cheap if you are hacking the entire unit for 4 to 5 room when most of contractor will charge around $600.00. But bear in mind that $600 for haulage is on a high side when some contractor don't even charge that at all esp when they are hacking the place. I think your contractor is trying to swing their profit margin to Haulage fee as he think this is a "must do" thing and you will pay for it, while keeping the clearing debris fee lower to be attractive that's all. Hiring another group to do the job may cost more as they come in only to this item. Besides, by doing so, you'll cause unhappyiness between the two contractors when they are blaming each other for the work. I should be in a better picture if I can have a clearer picture of what is quoted to you. PM me if you need some advice.

hi bullet,

for my case, ID is going to charge 1k for the haulage..removal of debris..mine is a new flat & I hacked ~19.6 ft of wall..can u advise on my case coz i think 1k is really kind of extortion...& i kinda have the feeling he's trying to shift his profit margin to the haulage fee as all debris have already been removed from my place..wondering where have all the debris gone to?perhaps he's charging 1k for the transportation to transfer all debris to dumping ground?

hi, go check with your town council.

my friend's new 4 rm flat haulage/debris clearing less than $300!

town council will award contract to one contractor and u can get your reno contractor to liase w/ them.

those "money sucker" reno con really making big bucks!

hi, go check with your town council.

my friend's new 4 rm flat haulage/debris clearing less than $300!

town council will award contract to one contractor and u can get your reno contractor to liase w/ them.

those "money sucker" reno con really making big bucks!

May i know where is ur friend new 4rm flat is??

As i contacted the contractor appointed by HDB for the haulage and debris clearing, the contractor quoted me $850.

My new house is at fernvale.

And i go down to the town council, and they told me look for the appointed contractor at the lift lobby of my block as now they don't collect the fee anymore for new house.