Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
SimEl

E2's Lovenest Reno Diary

Surveyed about 7 ID firms before finally deciding to seal the deal with Max's Image Consultants at HDB Hub. ID is Kasey.

Upon agreeing on the deal, 3D images were ready about 4-5 days later...efficient! :sport-smiley-004:

Received the green light from HDB and started our reno about 1 week later, around 12 July. Let's call this "R" day

R + 2 days : Attached are some images of our home after the hacking works were completed... :rolleyes:

DSC08882.jpg

DSC08881.jpg

DSC08880.jpg

DSC08879.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Very glad indeed that the reno was moving real fast. As we have pretty much hacking to do to re-furbish the whole house, it was to our surprise at which the work was done.

About R + 1 week later, the tiling at kitchen as well as toilets were up.

They went on to lay the base for our kitchen cabinet...

DSC08883.jpg

DSC08884.jpg

DSC08887.jpg

more to follow :sport-smiley-004:

Hi SimEl,

Welcome to RenoTalk. Spam #1 chop from me :sport-smiley-004:

You place remind me of our old place too. Those pipes & bathroom kerbs. Are you planning to box up those long kitchen pipes?

All the best in your reno. What will your theme be?

:yamseng:

Edited by lifestyle

It's now approximately R + 2 weeks....Next to follow were the L-Boxes in the living and all the bedrooms.

The aircon man, also a contractor from Kasey, subsequently came to run the pipings and installation of aircons.

Electrical wirings were being run round the whole house, gas pipings..

Plastering of walls + base coat painting soon followed...our home is starting to take shape! :)

So far, very good experience with the IDs :D

This is how it looks now :)

DSC08885.jpg

DSC08886.jpg

DSC08888.jpg

more to follow...

Hi SimEl,

Welcome to RenoTalk. Spam #1 chop from me :sport-smiley-004:

You place remind me of our old place too. Those pipes & bathroom kerbs. Are you planning to box up those long kitchen pipes?

All the best in your reno. What will your theme be?

:)

Hi Lifestyle, thanks. Our theme is Modern resort.

ya... we'll be boxing up the pipes as part of the cabinet. As you can see, I have not taken so many pics yet and am trying to update all the sequence of work that has been completed to date :)

Finally....now is R + 2.5 weeks ~ 29 Jul , all the required painting is almost done, the lightings and fans are being fixed up. Just realised they have wased the kitchen floor and toilet floors. Guess they're preparing for the cabinets and laminate flooring which is due this coming week... :yamseng:

DSC08889.jpg

DSC08890.jpg

Welcome to renotalk! #2 spamchop from me! :sport-smiley-004:

love the black rose/flower/plant tiles in ur kitchen. :)

looking forward to more pics. :yamseng:

Edited by jamez

Hey everyone, thanks for all the "spam chops" :P

It's now ~ R + 3.5 weeks! .....all going smooth...Supreme Laminate flooring for is up and some paint touch ups and layering...

This is how it's looking...

Bedroom:

IMAGE_023.jpg

Living + Dining:

IMAGE_024.jpg

IMAGE_025.jpg

Next to come..the BIG chunk..all the carpentries..... !!

hi,

wats ur entire quotation like? it seems u hacking away everything n doing everything fm scratch? coz i'm looking for ID now. u mention u spoke to 7 ID b4 deciding on this one rite. wat was it tat made u choose them?

Audrey

laminate flooring lookz good! looking forward to more pics! !!

Have been quite a while since I last updated...so busy with everything else :)

Anyway, it's now R+5.5 weeks, all the carpentries are almost done up and we really have quite a bit of carpentry work around the house...

the living/dining area with the lights up:

DSC08913.jpg

Our shoe cabinet cum divider at the door way( one of those things we're really happy with) :good:

DSC08912.jpg

The kitchen cabinets:

DSC08914.jpg

Our 'changing room'! :) a room which we've made into a changing room, with full walk-in cabinet and complete mirror on one full side of the wall!Cool! :)

DSC08915.jpg

Carpentry has taken quite a bit of time. Although there were some minor mistakes here and there, our ID and carpenter gladly modified them to our liking...Good job so far! :)

ooooh lah lah, your shoe cabinet looks good :(

is that a bicyble i see behind?

so envious that you've got a changing room, me only have space for a 6ft wardrobe :sport-smiley-004: