Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MeToo

Pocketed Spring Vs Foam Mattress

What are the advantages / disadvantages when comparing these 2 types of mattresses with the below factors ? :good:

1. Comfort

2. Undisturbed Sleep

3. Durability

4. Body Heat

5. Maintenance.

Last but not least, My 5 year old son is having a lovely practice of jumping in the mattress, when he watches his favorite Barney in the bedroom TV. :ph34r:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
I will like foam mattress. But it will be "hotter" as it tend to trap heat. But suppose to be better for health.

Latex is my choice.

I will like foam mattress. But it will be "hotter" as it tend to trap heat. But suppose to be better for health.

Raincole, Can you explain why it is better for health: Thanx.

Latex is my choice.

TPY, What is latex? A form of foam ? How it is superior? Thanx.

:furious:

Raincole, Can you explain why it is better for health: Thanx.

TPY, What is latex? A form of foam ? How it is superior? Thanx.

:furious:

Latex is a form of natural rubber from the rubber tree. Normaly at the high end matress, you see spring pocket and on top 2 inchs or 3 inchs soft topping. That is Latex.

It makes your bed comfortable and not so hard ah. The thicker it is the more explensive it is. I

Latex is a form of natural rubber from the rubber tree. Normaly at the high end matress, you see spring pocket and on top 2 inchs or 3 inchs soft topping. That is Latex.

It makes your bed comfortable and not so hard ah. The thicker it is the more explensive it is. I

Thanx TPY, for the explanation.

Any other inputs ?

:bangwall:

Foam is able to take any shape, so the support for ur whole body will be different and change if ur "body shape" also change :P Not sure if u understand....

But ask any sale person for foam mattress, they are able to tell u more.

Edited by raincole

Foam is able to take any shape, so the support for ur whole body will be different and change if ur "body shape" also change :dunno: Not sure if u understand....

But ask any sale person for foam mattress, they are able to tell u more.

Understood. :dunno:

So these are on Foam mattress side...

Any comments on Pocketed spring mattress ? If the number of springs are more in the mattress, it's more comfy due to dense structure. Anything else ?

Hi raincole, you mentioned that memory foam traps heat. I read from the internet that the heat is supposed to help the memory foam take the contour of the body. How serious is the heat problem? Considering we live in Singapore and there are times when we prefer not to have the aircon on, will we wake up with perspiration all over?