Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
expatswife

Wake Up, Singapore!

it's pathetic how much service has dropped, if they ever existed in e 1st place!

1. i thot my bed frame, a super king divan w/ storage (1 week delay) was a joke. then it came but in a colour i most detest! the boss had e gall to send his men to make peace offering to me by giving me a 2-seater sofa if i keep e bed frame. no way! they've got 2 weeks to make & deliver e one i ordered.

2. my other half paid cash for a massage chair said to be delivered w/in e week. they would call 1-2 days b4 e delivery. bought on Sun... on Fri aftnn still heard nothing fr them. so he called & told them that if it's not delivered that day he'll cancel e order & demand full refund. piece was delivered at 7pm! isnt that amazing?

3. bought 42" philips cineos & was supposed to hv philips agent come to install aft delivery. main electrical store said they've called, philips agent said they're waiting for a call fr them, so asked if they could come day aft. no way, we've a precocious infant in e house! so electrical store apologised (not philips' fault) & it was installed aft 7.

oh my... e list goes on . . . so i'm not e only one :dancingqueen:

dont u think it's high time we do wht my counterparts in e mideast do- name & shame? it's healthy for good service, oui? we deserve good service!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

guys...I do agree that this is definately needed..

in Japan, they can confirm the date of delivery on purchase.

and 1 day before purchase, they can confirm the time (in 1 hour range, eg, 10 to 11am) and they are often punctual, and come at 10am :sport-smiley-004:

Singapore delivery is the worst I have seen, and also heard from my other expats friends..

Is it because it's not done by Singaporean ? too many foreign worker or company that doesn't care?

the only shop that is punctual and makes no mistake is pohjoo, and other lightings companies..

Electrical, furnitures are BAD Bad bad...

guys...I do agree that this is definately needed..

in Japan, they can confirm the date of delivery on purchase.

and 1 day before purchase, they can confirm the time (in 1 hour range, eg, 10 to 11am) and they are often punctual, and come at 10am :(

Singapore delivery is the worst I have seen, and also heard from my other expats friends..

Is it because it's not done by Singaporean ? too many foreign worker or company that doesn't care?

the only shop that is punctual and makes no mistake is pohjoo, and other lightings companies..

Electrical, furnitures are BAD Bad bad...

barang barang is ok.

They say 2-6pm. they really come during that time. Got SMS for reminder, call 1 hrs before they come out.

Even u miss the call, they still come to ur front door.

this must be the lamest excuse I have seen in ages...

regardless of the nationality of delivery staff, service is bad.

barang barang is ok.

They say 2-6pm. they really come during that time. Got SMS for reminder, call 1 hrs before they come out.

I agree that there are some who deserve commendation for services too. I can name a few here...

Picket & Rail: Usually punctual. Deliver wrong color item... took back immediately and representative promptly call to arrange another delivery. Never make a fuss when I told them to hold back some furnitures because my house is not ready yet. Very patient sales person and keep to timing for delivery.

Fisher & Paykel: Prompt in servicing my washing machine. Discovered that its our fault that the machine stalled... due to a safety pin that is stuck :help: Technician never make any fuss... good service.

Fanco: Before this, heard from the lighting shop that I bought the fan from that their customer service sucks. But when I called because of remote control frequency problem, the guy answering the call is very polite. Technician came on the same day call is made. Called me before coming and call me again (cos I'm at work) to inform me that servicing is done.

So yeah... besides naming to shame those bad ones, we should also name those who provide excellent services :sport-smiley-003:

another good furniture company is furniture warehouse, delivery is very prompt and will call u before they come. Lighting vault in balastier is also good service never push to sales can take ur own time to think b4 u buy n good quality of lights also.

barang barang is ok.

but they are prone to sending wrong stuff (wrong items/wrong measurement) and spoilt stuff to customers :dancingqueen:

so as a customer, we need to check the stuff and reject them when necessary :bangwall:

"1. i thot my bed frame, a super king divan w/ storage (1 week delay) was a joke. then it came but in a colour i most detest! the boss had e gall to send his men to make peace offering to me by giving me a 2-seater sofa if i keep e bed frame. no way! they've got 2 weeks to make & deliver e one i ordered. "

guess i'll hv to mention that e ladies at sealy sleep gallery are sleeping! so my divan came yday in e delicious dark brown but e headboard is grossly lower than wht it shld be ;( had to control my frustration as i was holding my baby so will say my peace on monday whn e boss is at e main office.

fyi: it's always great to get hv somethg gd passed on thru word of mouth. i startd this as i do not wish to waste time at certain establishments or if i die-die lurve their products than i'll know how to get ard them. trying to set up home w/ 2 infants in an almost complete apartment (yup- our recommended contractors gave us e assurance that he'll be done mid june so we can relocate in july is super late!) is utterly stressful.

anyhoos, thanks for ur thots on barang2 cos we seriously considered them. ciao !!