Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Hi Everybody

Ever heard of the above contractors?

I have shortlisted the 2 but unable to decide which is better.

Please advise me.

Thanks and regards.

Happy !!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi Everybody

Ever heard of the above contractors?

I have shortlisted the 2 but unable to decide which is better.

Please advise me.

Thanks and regards.

Happy :yamseng:

Hi All

Last night, one of the contractor came with the quotation.

Explained and asked my to sign.

I feel uneasy as I still sourcing and comparing.

In the end I sign and told them I might not need your service.

He said it is ok.

He told me next week (sat) will bring me to see tiles as if I want to sign with him.

I have make myself clear in the first hand.

What should I do next?

I am waiting for other quotation to come in...and their worksmanship.

Please help.

Thanks.

HAPPY

just reply and say that u are not ready yet to sign as u're still waiting for other quotations. don't let the person pressure u. be strong, stay firm ! :yamseng:;)

just reply and say that u are not ready yet to sign as u're still waiting for other quotations. don't let the person pressure u. be strong, stay firm ! :yamseng:;)

Good morning OONIK,

Thanks for your reply.

The ID told me that the price quoted is very low, and for showcase (let pple come and see the finishing, told me need to sign to submit ...(i am not sure what he meant) and told me tiles going to increase...and told me not to tell pple the quotation as it is very low).

I feel very uneasy as later I find that most of the things I dont want to do such as false ceiling (L box), Design tc console, design feature wall, built full hieigh temper glass surround it to make a study room.

And I recaluate the items I dont want and it reduce by another about $9K+.

He only give me 1 week to make decision....

Regards.

HAPPY

hi,

My renovation is still going on now. I am using homemaker, their workmanship is quite ok, price wise quite resonable as well........... Can visit my blog to view the progress :P

hi,

My renovation is still going on now. I am using homemaker, their workmanship is quite ok, price wise quite resonable as well........... Can visit my blog to view the progress :P

Hi JASZ

Thanks and I am really happy to hear that from you.

I will visit your blog to take a look.

I have see their showflats and my mu is quite impress with his tiltles layout.

But only it seem like I was pressure to sign the form as I am still comparing and waiting for quotation.

Please pm me as I need to talk to you for adivce if possible.

Thanks.

HAPPY

hi Happy.. if u feel that u are pressured then dun give in yet lor. customer is king BEFORE he signs the contract.

and sorry to be cynical, and my apologies to jasz_24, but for me, i prefer a completed house owowner to give opinions. because of my bad experience with a particular reno ID, i've been more cautious ever since.

hi Happy.. if u feel that u are pressured then dun give in yet lor. customer is king BEFORE he signs the contract.

and sorry to be cynical, and my apologies to jasz_24, but for me, i prefer a completed house owowner to give opinions. because of my bad experience with a particular reno ID, i've been more cautious ever since.

Hi OON,

Thanks.

I am getting my keys around oct 07.

Just started to hunt for contractors.

I want to keep my new house simple without any feature walls, l box, etc...

I thought asking for quotation is not finalised.

But since yesterday incident, I really feel stress out by the contractors as he just want to close the case.

I am not rich and I have budget limit.

But then he told me my new house will let pple see as my house will be design (not sure what he means).

But then I dont need such design as carpentry works are very expensive and of course it looks pretty in the beginning. But then when everyday see the design, one will feel bored.

That is why I dont want any feature design wall or false wall.

What I want is floor tiles, kitchen cabinet, wardrobe, or maybe very simple feature wall to cover the storage room. That's all.

Even I also considering the cancel off the design shoe rack in front of the main door as it cost about $1,600+++:P!

Hi oonik,

Ya i agree with you tt we should be more cautious in choosing an ID/firm, because it involve in alot of $$ and most importance we are the one who will be staying inside the flat for long. Before i have decided on any ID i have actually went to ask for quotations from more than 10 over reno companys regardless they are the famous ones or not, and visited alot of showflats by different ID, some are cheap but poor workmanship, some are ex and calculative but their workmanship is ok and worse of all some really have attitude problem. But why i choose my ID firm because so far i feel my ID is able to meet the things we want @ our budget and most importance is he is not so calculative and willing to add on any addition things like changing of points and some extra inch of carpentry with no addtional cost during the reno. But of cos throughout the renovation now i have also encounter some problems but at less the ID is willing to help me solve problems and not push the blame away....... (This is only my 2 cents worth of comments :dunno: )

Edited by jasz_24

Hi oonik,

Ya i agree with you tt we should be more cautious in choosing an ID/firm, because it involve in alot of $$ and most importance we are the one who will be staying inside the flat for long. Before i have decided on any ID i have actually went to ask for quotations from more than 10 over reno companys regardless they are the famous ones or not, and visited alot of showflats by different ID, some are cheap but poor workmanship, some are ex and calculative but their workmanship is ok and worse of all some really have attitude problem. But why i choose my ID firm because so far i feel my ID is able to meet the things we want @ our budget and most importance is he is not so calculative and willing to add on any addition things like changing of points and some extra inch of carpentry with no addtional cost during the reno. But of cos throughout the renovation now i have also encounter some problems but at less the ID is willing to help me solve problems and not push the blame away....... (This is only my 2 cents worth of comments :D )

I have talked to my friend during lunch, he told me actually those design feature is more appealing to youngsters and have no children.

But then features/design only good to look at but storage is quite limited as he is one of the victims (from another id).

So, he asked me to do away all the design/features but just do storage features (simple one will do) and of course kitchen (no choice).

That will save alot of money. By using the money, go and shop at imm or furniture shop or ask for tailor made, it cost much cheaper and easy to maintain.

But then, until now, I am still waiting for other quotation to come.

A bit very tired.....

This afternoon, called another 2 contractors for quotation.

I will be meeting up 1 contractors with what I want (already listed on the paper: finalised items).

And tomrrow another one.

Now a little smart already.

Told him asking for quotation needs to sign on the spot or not?

Also told him I need to consider your quotation and to compare with others too.

And they say ok no problem!:D

Yesterday afternoon, I have a meeting with another new contractor, and I asked him to wait for me at the new flat (downstair), you know, new flats normally have a few contractors hanging around.

There is one very unpleasant encounter by me that day.

I am sure you also will not be happy.

'A" contractor asked my when I take my key, I told him around Oct.

He laughed and give me a suck up face look and told me it it too early.

I shot back at him telling him I need to look for a few contractors for quotations. Cannot mah? He just walked off giving me his unhappy look.

Then another contractor 'B' from came and reorganised me and told them I have sign the contract.

I shot back at him telling him still not finalise yet as comfirm by the ID. He seem not too please and mumbling to other contractors about me as I can see his gestures.

As I have shortlist homemakers, this really put me off.

What kind of salesman is he?

Very BAD!:wacko:!

That make me very unhappy about it.

And another contractor 'C' approached me too and as I am already not in good mood, I told him that how to do business when this kind of pple?

Even if it is very cheap, I wont sign with them!

I told that guy doing business cannot be like that.

If you pull a long face, how to talk business with those contractors.

I speak in a very lot voice.

I dont know that 2 guys heard it or not.

My question is : Is it too early to look for contractors for quotation???

Date of expected key is around oct 07.

I am very unhappy with this kind of attitude the contractors show me!

Worst is that I have shortlist Homemakes ID and it really make me strike it off.

What you thinks guy??

Yesterday afternoon, I have a meeting with another new contractor, and I asked him to wait for me at the new flat (downstair), you know, new flats normally have a few contractors hanging around.

There is one very unpleasant encounter by me that day.

I am sure you also will not be happy.

'A" contractor asked my when I take my key, I told him around Oct.

He laughed and give me a suck up face look and told me it it too early.

I shot back at him telling him I need to look for a few contractors for quotations. Cannot mah? He just walked off giving me his unhappy look.

Then another contractor 'B' from came and reorganised me and told them I have sign the contract.

I shot back at him telling him still not finalise yet as comfirm by the ID. He seem not too please and mumbling to other contractors about me as I can see his gestures.

As I have shortlist homemakers, this really put me off.

What kind of salesman is he?

Very BAD!8|!

That make me very unhappy about it.

And another contractor 'C' approached me too and as I am already not in good mood, I told him that how to do business when this kind of pple?

Even if it is very cheap, I wont sign with them!

I told that guy doing business cannot be like that.

If you pull a long face, how to talk business with those contractors.

I speak in a very lot voice.

I dont know that 2 guys heard it or not.

My question is : Is it too early to look for contractors for quotation???

Date of expected key is around oct 07.

I am very unhappy with this kind of attitude the contractors show me!

Worst is that I have shortlist Homemakes ID and it really make me strike it off.

What you thinks guy??

Hi.This is a non-biased reply i'm giving.

i would think that zhi seng would be a better choice.

reason being?

it is more established than homemaker.

zhi seng has been around in the vacinity(i'm living around there) for years.

Homemaker only 'appeared' when the new blocks were built.

of course, this is only how i feel.

ultimately, do familiarise yourself with the grade of the materials given and there must be chemistry between you and your designer to make this whole renovation process an enjoyable one (:

hope u peeps won't think i'm promoting zhi seng n bad-mouthing homemaker cos i'm related to neither of them.

Thanks FEL for your response.

Today I went to expo home renovation and talk to 1 renovation id.

I have learn another term.

I told them I want only: Move In Condition.

So they indeed give me only the very basic things such as titles, wardrobe, kitchen cabinets, tiolet. That's all and I am able to see the average price range for my new flats.

I am not saying homemakers is bad, just the bad encountered I have with them. Seem like they want to seal and close the contract asap only.

As I have about 2 months plus, I will have to talk to other renovators id before I decide which is the best one.

hi h4happy

you have the right to discuss again and again, but each time when they show you their quote and ask how is it? say you want go home and go thru before you comfirm.. i did that.. cos only when you are at home studying your quote you will realise whether you find their quote ok or not.. get more quote to learn abt hidden costs, and compared market rate for item to items, check on tiles suppliers youself first, don get yourself in the situation that ppl give you this price of tiles you can select more choices.. so see yourself which tiles you like and the price, see is it justified for the price they quote you for the tiles you can select..

cos common trick, you can slect up to $4 tiles or $3 tiles or only $2.50 tiles..

wat i learn actually when i choose mine id

Edited by summerholiday