Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
L.er

How To Remove Horrible Smell From New Furnitures?

:dribble: My new bedside table has this strong bad smell which we used to have the same smell on our previous wardrobe when we just bought it (from different shop). I don't know how to describe the yucky smell, it's like dry saliva? You will smell this on some new furnitures but it's rare.

From my past experience with the wardrobe, cleaning it with fresh lemon juice or detergent can't remove the yucky smell and it will turn worse after some time. Last time I can try to bear with it since it's on one of the wardrobe door, but this time it's my bedside table, an item which is so near to my nose when I'm lying on the bed.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Maybe it is the adhesive chemical used in manufacturing the side table. Bring it away from you bedframe and air it, may be in the acess balcony when ventilation is good. I do believe that such smell has a certain harmful effect on human body in an enclosed area.