Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jazzblue

Lg Lcd Promotion Till Aug 07

Now LG LCD having promo for LCD till end Aug...

PRice at S$2290 nett

Very tempted for the 37" LCD ... come with HTS LG HT502PH.....seems good deal leh ... zz

5ms Response time

10 000.1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio...

07 New XD Engine

1080P input

2 HDMI / Simplink (HDMI CEC) :P

Anyone owe this LCD?? Any review pls... :good::D;):o:P

Thks so much... Shld i buy this LG or the ever popular Samsung LCD ? Abt $300 more.. also with HTS... but saleman say the Samsung HTS sucks... ??? :unsure::yamseng:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Thks so much... Shld i buy this LG or the ever popular Samsung LCD ? Abt $300 more.. also with HTS... but saleman say the Samsung HTS sucks... ??? :P:P

sucks when you compare with those high end specs....

it is more than better for free item...... (rather than spend extra cost to buy pioneer :P )

i bought the LG37L7R, with the free HTS too. but HTS no stock now =/

havent install and try yet. =p

I think shld be quite gd...

Are u using normal SCV cable or any additional Services like MIOS or SCV...

For normal setup, tested with Samsung 80 000:1 compared to this model...

LG resolution seems much better ... tats ewhy i am convinced & buy this set..

Also, i think the LG HTS seems good .... the DVD can "upscale " to produce better DVD pics..

I think shld be quite gd...

Are u using normal SCV cable or any additional Services like MIOS or SCV...

For normal setup, tested with Samsung 80 000:1 compared to this model...

LG resolution seems much better ... tats ewhy i am convinced & buy this set..

Also, i think the LG HTS seems good .... the DVD can "upscale " to produce better DVD pics..

I will be getting SCV digital cable. actually still pondering between the MIOS and hubstation.

would hubstation be the same as SCV, same cable speed?

i was comparing between samsung and LG too.

wat won me over is LG's hard LCD panel. try touching those 2.

Samsung TV and HTS more chio though.

LG's HTS no stock, cant try

btw dont get the 37LC4R, that's made in malaysia, and thus the price differences.

btw dont get the 37LC4R, that's made in malaysia, and thus the price differences.

Hard Panel ... Any idea if this panel cause reflection in bright areas ?

Specs .... 1080P input, resolution remain as 1366 X 768 (same as HD ready only ?)

I will be getting SCV digital cable. actually still pondering between the MIOS and hubstation.

would hubstation be the same as SCV, same cable speed?

depending what what you want. I just confirmed my order for hubstation, the guy is passing me tomorrow :sport-smiley-004:

MioTV and Hubstation are targeting at different market. MioTV is more towards the HD side. The speed will depend on your telephone line quality. I went to Taka and saw the demo, **** jialat i tell you. All the HD channels lag until siao......furthermore, you need to get a normal fixed line before you can subscribe to MioTV. If they can resolve the lagging issue, i think it's a good option for HD contents.

Hubstation has free 1Mbps internet access. You can actually save quite a lot with this. The downside is, it cost $600 upfront. Unless you sign up 24 months SCV packages, (which only save you $300), you really have to consider if you want to fork up so much for it. I got it at a very good price so to me it's worth it coz there are 16 months free internet access now. SCV has much better programmes compared to MioTV, but starhub really lack of HD contents as of now.

And for the rest who are planning to get LCD TV, please consider again, i know the price are very attractive, but all the current channels looks like sai to me......Plasma should be the way to go. However, if you dun mind the poor quality from LCD TV, just go for it bah. If not, get a CRT.

depending what what you want. I just confirmed my order for hubstation, the guy is passing me tomorrow :jawdrop:

MioTV and Hubstation are targeting at different market. MioTV is more towards the HD side. The speed will depend on your telephone line quality. I went to Taka and saw the demo, **** jialat i tell you. All the HD channels lag until siao......furthermore, you need to get a normal fixed line before you can subscribe to MioTV. If they can resolve the lagging issue, i think it's a good option for HD contents.

Hubstation has free 1Mbps internet access. You can actually save quite a lot with this. The downside is, it cost $600 upfront. Unless you sign up 24 months SCV packages, (which only save you $300), you really have to consider if you want to fork up so much for it. I got it at a very good price so to me it's worth it coz there are 16 months free internet access now. SCV has much better programmes compared to MioTV, but starhub really lack of HD contents as of now.

And for the rest who are planning to get LCD TV, please consider again, i know the price are very attractive, but all the current channels looks like sai to me......Plasma should be the way to go. However, if you dun mind the poor quality from LCD TV, just go for it bah. If not, get a CRT.

1st of all, sorry TS for deviating from the subject. OTOT lol

some questions, tingshen.

1) isnt all telephone line quality the same?

2) MIO has free internet isnt it? not sure of the speed though

3) 1Mbps enough for online game?

4) Which promotion u've got?

5) So meaning to say hubstation costs $300 if i sign for 2 yrs

6) and y only 16 mths?

1st of all, sorry TS for deviating from the subject. OTOT lol

some questions, tingshen.

1) isnt all telephone line quality the same?

2) MIO has free internet isnt it? not sure of the speed though

3) 1Mbps enough for online game?

4) Which promotion u've got?

5) So meaning to say hubstation costs $300 if i sign for 2 yrs

6) and y only 16 mths?

1.telephone line quality vary from place to place, but SG has lesser variant in terms of consistency of quality :( Nevertheless, I have heard different feedback from different people staying in different area, regarding the phone line quality for MioTV.

2.MioTV is just a set up box for you to watch some channels. It is connected to a modem supplying 25Mbps to it. the Mio broadband is another thing, but you can share the same modem with the MioTV.

3.depending on the numbers of gamers at the same time at your place, if just 1 person, 1Mbps should be more than enough. I didn't play online games for a long long time so my figure may not be accurate :rolleyes:

4.I got the hubstation from somebody else, it's 2nd hand but unused.

5.check out www.hubstation.com.sg 24 months SCV for 2 years, you need to pay $300+ for it. I think the guy who sold me the box signed up both SCV and Maxonline so he got it for free.

6.Starhub states that the free surflite1000 will be free until Dec 2008. So 16 months from next months :jawdrop: I am not sure if they would extend it. But it's always good to stay out of contract. I have no contract for everything now :dribble:

Hubstation is mainly a DVR, the internet modem is actually a bonus item....okay, sorry for OT so far too. I didn't have chance to check out LG, I think their graphic processor is quite good too.

1.telephone line quality vary from place to place, but SG has lesser variant in terms of consistency of quality :dunno: Nevertheless, I have heard different feedback from different people staying in different area, regarding the phone line quality for MioTV.

2.MioTV is just a set up box for you to watch some channels. It is connected to a modem supplying 25Mbps to it. the Mio broadband is another thing, but you can share the same modem with the MioTV.

3.depending on the numbers of gamers at the same time at your place, if just 1 person, 1Mbps should be more than enough. I didn't play online games for a long long time so my figure may not be accurate :notti:

4.I got the hubstation from somebody else, it's 2nd hand but unused.

5.check out www.hubstation.com.sg 24 months SCV for 2 years, you need to pay $300+ for it. I think the guy who sold me the box signed up both SCV and Maxonline so he got it for free.

6.Starhub states that the free surflite1000 will be free until Dec 2008. So 16 months from next months :yamseng: I am not sure if they would extend it. But it's always good to stay out of contract. I have no contract for everything now :good:

Hubstation is mainly a DVR, the internet modem is actually a bonus item....okay, sorry for OT so far too. I didn't have chance to check out LG, I think their graphic processor is quite good too.

Meaning to say that this hubstation will more than enough for the normal surfer and free-to-air views, but 1Mbps and those 4 free channels wont be enough for the heavy users. so in another words if we still have to get the max online, the cable box and purchase the IDA for the free calls. wouldnt hubstation will just be another box below the tv which record programs, i would be another hubstation seller soon enough.

Time to call 1630. LoL

aiyo, hubstation is running on cable, which is so much faster compared to a telephone line, although dedicated. Yes, the internet and cable are sharing the same green fat pipe, but i doubt it would interfere each other. Unlike MioTV, if you're running the TV, you may not be able to share the modem for internet if you're "heavy" user.

yes, call 1630 if you need further explanation :dunno: I have very limited knowledge compared to those people whose full time job is there to answer queries hehe...

aiyo, hubstation is running on cable, which is so much faster compared to a telephone line, although dedicated. Yes, the internet and cable are sharing the same green fat pipe, but i doubt it would interfere each other. Unlike MioTV, if you're running the TV, you may not be able to share the modem for internet if you're "heavy" user.

yes, call 1630 if you need further explanation :notti: I have very limited knowledge compared to those people whose full time job is there to answer queries hehe...

hehehe.

pai seh ar, ask u so many questions.

and TS grab the LG!

so you got the hubstation liao?

I just manage to hook it up after the activation ;) haven't tested the video part yet. Internet is working like charm!

1Mbps is insuffucient to play online games. Even more so if the game server isn't located locally.

Check the upload speed as well to get an idea.

Edited by l_club23