Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sarah

Anyone Id Is Freelancer?

hihi, recently got quote fr one ID. my fren house done by him and was ok. but now he quit den doin freelance. so last time got company now on his own. he's quote very good. so wan to know whether freelancer can trust. pls share

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Well it depends. some freelance ID will be friendly to you. Once you sign the contract they wont give will change and give you all the negative attitude. So actually all depends on luck and how firm you can settle them when things happens.

There are sure to have hippcups along the way. :P

hihi, recently got quote fr one ID. my fren house done by him and was ok. but now he quit den doin freelance. so last time got company now on his own. he's quote very good. so wan to know whether freelancer can trust. pls share

Without company how is he going to enter contract with you? With his sub contractor? or what? Who will be responsible if there is any problem? If you sign the contract with the sub contractor, they will tell you dun know this dun know that cos they are not in charge. Neither can you go after the Freelancer cos you have no contract with him. Even you sign a contract with him, it is not a valid one cos he cannot trade in his own name; need to register a company or at least a firm.

1 suggestion is that if he is good,, you can ask him to do up the design and pay him some token then get register and reliable contractor to do it lor. Isn't it safer for you and he also get paid for his work done?

Edited by bullet

Hi sarah..

I know of 1 very nice freelance ID.. He is very dedicated and is the type who doesn't mind going the extra mile for you.. However if you engage him, you won't be able to get to see any reno quotation, only his service charge and after that then you source out the contractor with him and get the best quote with his design.. He got a few that he always work with, so can start with them. He will come up with very nice design and will help you save money where ever possible..

If you interested, can pm me.. i give you his contacts..

Hi sarah..

I know of 1 very nice freelance ID.. He is very dedicated and is the type who doesn't mind going the extra mile for you.. However if you engage him, you won't be able to get to see any reno quotation, only his service charge and after that then you source out the contractor with him and get the best quote with his design.. He got a few that he always work with, so can start with them. He will come up with very nice design and will help you save money where ever possible..

If you interested, can pm me.. i give you his contacts..

wat do u mean by source contractor with him? den the quotation wil be with who?

ok i sound like very dumb but id, contractor not de same person meh?

or issit contractor is de one who do up labour work. and id is middle man coordinating?

den subcontractor?

so you sign contract with id or contractor?

or issit contractor is de one who do up labour work. and id is middle man coordinating?

den subcontractor?

sarah, all of us went thru the questioning phrase, so dont say u are dumb la.

ID and contractor actually does the same thing. just that ID does the designing and contractor dont.

contractor just do wat u tell him to and sometimes u need to do the co-ordinating yourself.

subcontractor is a contractor that ur ID/contractor let out their work to.

if in ur case, u employ a freelance ID then u will have to use the design and source for a contractor for the quote.

den subcontractor?

To be precise, ID are interior designer that does only designing and giving ideas. Contractor are those doing on hand work. Sub-contractor are those who sub contract part of the work scope from ID or contractor. However, nowadays, ID also does contractor work and some contractor do the same, except the extend of the work; that means, ID will sell you alot of ideas but contractor will sell you more of the work. Price wise, usually contractor are cheaper. Service wise will depend on your luck lor.

So eventually, it depend very much on what you want - pay a little more for getting idea from ID or essential items at cheaper rate from contractor.