Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bkok

Bachelor's Retreat

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Anyone can help? Im looking for such type of flooring...

flooring.jpg
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
flooring1.jpg
flooring2s.jpg

Maybe can try wood tiles? I saw a few in Hafary and Changi Builders Shop that was around that shade. Though it may not have the "mo peng/pockmarks" that normal wood has.

Hi MishMish,

Thanks for your reply. I went to Evorich and show it to them. They have such material but it cost a whopping of $16 psf`!!! it is basically made of real wood!

Im thinking of using high end resilent flooring(evorich) but it cost $6.25psf. I thought if i go direct it will be cheaper... all the quote given by contractor is within $3psf. not sure about the range though....

headache!!!

real wood planks is not cheap...... that is why there are all sorts that came up....

all the best to choosing your contractor.

Hi MishMish,

Thanks for your reply. I went to Evorich and show it to them. They have such material but it cost a whopping of $16 psf`!!! it is basically made of real wood!

Im thinking of using high end resilent flooring(evorich) but it cost $6.25psf. I thought if i go direct it will be cheaper... all the quote given by contractor is within $3psf. not sure about the range though....

headache!!!

Hmm, I didn't do much research into Evorich, did look through their Facebook page. But I found a picture of the wooden tiles I quite liked at Changi Builders Shop.

B8CF6087-F4B9-4229-86E8-C3C7850E59C1-128

I believe my contractor is using real wood planks for my flight of stairs as the total cost to just re-constructing that 1 flight of stairs has cost us a leg and an arm. Nonetheless, we are very with the end result.

Thanks guys for the tips. Im very particular on the flooring and also need to know more info. I have actually went straight to the wholesaler as follow:

1)Evorich

- Their HQ is far from Tai seng MRT. Luckily the sales manger take the initiative to pick me up. (Ladies, go with our hubby). Very patient and professional guy who went thru all sort of laminate flooring. They have basically 3 type: 1)normal laminate flooring 2)high end resilience flooring(HRF), 3)vinyl flooring.

Both item 2 & 3 are water resistance but vinyl flooring is made of PVC which cost damage to our health and might cause damage to the floor. As for HRF, it is simple and easy to "click on". IN addition, it has 10 years warranty and if next time we shift house, it can be detach and place on the new house too. (around 80% depends on the floor area) All price include installation.

2)Rice Field

At tiong bahru, 66 eng watt street. Very good customer service and showroom. of course price are not cheap cause all are tiles. Didnt know that the"wooden effect" can be used on tiles. wide selection but its just too expensive. water resistance too and can be used in bathroom too. but they do not have any warranty at all. pay such high price no warranty??Mmm need to forgo this and also the price exclude installation.

3)Harvry

At jurong east trade hub 21. 1)normal laminate flooring 2)vinyl flooring

For 1, not water resistance. Price reasonable include installation.

For 2, 80% water resistance. price similar to Evorich's HRF but no warranty.

No more comparison. quite tiring. It is just that those quote given by ID/contractor has the same total pricing but the tile selection is below $3psf. I would rather choose a better tile myself then.

Nope not yet. Im taking quite slowly as im not eager to move in. Next week will ask four selected id/contractor to view my flat and give a a more reaistic quote. But of course need to start my reno before the hungry ghost month.

wood tile would be an ideal choice. but let's see how my contractor/ID react. budget is also one of my consideration....haiz.....

wood tile would be an ideal choice. but let's see how my contractor/ID react. budget is also one of my consideration....haiz.....

Ok, do keep up posted, would love to see your flooring :)