Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LionFlyer

Single 4Br Hdb Reno

No lah, it is $195 for all three lights from Singapore. For the amount I paid and the trouble I went through, I felt the savings not really worth it.. I know the lights in the Balestier/Jln Besar lighting shops are all from China, so cutting away the middleman and going straight to the supplier sounds sensible and the cost savings would be a lot if you buy in bulk.

But in the event that one of them is faulty, then you are on your own. It is one thing to be prepared to write it off, but it is the time and effort to source for local replacement that is frustrating. Even now, the response from the seller through 65daigou is very slow. They have offered to replace two of the shades FOC, but they have not contacted me on the arrangements.

Arino Caprio. Didn't aim for this model although it seems popular here a few years ago. Got a good deal for them @299 each.

The popular one now is the Baron W-888 single piece WC which is much taller. But it was out of stock when I bought it and I didn't want to wait. I remember the Baron W-888 is around $380 per piece.

Learn from experience lor. I just received my order today.......... Haizzzzzz....... I will forget about TB le..... very disappointed lor. I paid for some items hardly find in Sg, not because of the price but end up, low quality products received! No strength to argue or write here write there, just treat it as a lesson.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

You mean one for SGD 195 ? This lights are all over in Tao Bao, selling very very cheap. As far as I am concern, what you pay is what you get. I also receive a coffee table order via TB but the finishing seems unacceptable. For your info, a lighting shop at Serangoon sell this light @ $188 each.

can share where to get tom dixon lights for 188? thanks!

can share where to get tom dixon lights for 188? thanks!

Hi Takaishi, why you want to know the light house selling it @ 188 each? 3 will be $564 lei.

It is at serangoon there, a shop call Sg lightings or something like that. After the 717 Durain. Too ex larr.

Hi Takaishi, why you want to know the light house selling it @ 188 each? 3 will be $564 lei.

It is at serangoon there, a shop call Sg lightings or something like that. After the 717 Durain. Too ex larr.

I think he may have made a mistake. I know because I looked for the same lights here in Singapore and was quoted between around $65 per light or $195 for a set of three at two different shops (the other one quoted me $190).

I am looking at washers now and did a simple comparison between top load versus front load on the efficiency based on data from PUB's WELS database. (http://www.pub.gov.sg/wels/products/Pages/default.aspx)

Top Load

Samsung, WA80F5S7, 8.30 litres/kg

LG, WFT8061DD, 8.50 litres/kg

Front Load

Samsung, WF1804WPC, 7.40 litres/kg

LG F1422TD, 7.70 litres/kg

So we are looking at approximately 1 litre/kg difference. For a 8kg load, the different is around 8 litre. Seems like alot. Unfortunately, not much information on electrical consumption as NEA's Energy Labelling Scheme (https://app.mels.nea.gov.sg/Pages/Search/PublicSearchProduct.aspx?param=goods&type=p) does not cover washer.

Here is the question. For a single, does a bit more matter? I don't have back problem now but bend down a bit sian.

Edit:

Also, I dun understand, in Singapore, most of the front load does not come with a stand, which can raise the height by at least 30 cm but it is fairly common in Western countries.

Edited by LionFlyer

I think he may have made a mistake. I know because I looked for the same lights here in Singapore and was quoted between around $65 per light or $195 for a set of three at two different shops (the other one quoted me $190).

No lei, I ask 3 4 times.

The price tag was on the light too.

No lei, I ask 3 4 times.

The price tag was on the light too.

1 for $188, 3 for $195. So different? 1 for $188 is the 'real' Tom Dixon light har? :D [not that I know who that guy is. Clueless...as usual. :P ]

1 for $188, 3 for $195. So different? 1 for $188 is the 'real' Tom Dixon light har? :D [not that I know who that guy is. Clueless...as usual. :P ]

I saw it there

KS Lighting & Electrical

Showroom: 730 Upper Serangoon Road

#01-02 Yeley Building

and i can confirm the sales lady told me, one for $188.....

I was thinking, what a ridiculous price. Don't bother to ask further.

The various switches have been changed to MK switches ($1,400) because my backside itch and the table top for the bathrooms were installed. Hopefully, they will finish installing the bathroom basin mixer tomorrow.

1.4k just for switches or??

If you want, I can sell you my spare set of three lights (once I get them exchanged) for 100 bucks.

Thanks, I not keen on this, I just happen to see it in many lighting shops selling this.

1.4k just for switches or??

Nope. Changing the faceplates on the switches cost me just $240. The rest has to do with some rewiring for the bathroom and the living room. I didn't change any power plugs or the kitchen/storeroom switches

The dining lights are installed electrical work is done.

nfZ4Dmcl.jpg

I was told that the wiring for the lights will straighten out after a while of tension.

VJ6hRtPl.jpg

Wrapping up the plumbing. I have decided to get the mirrors from someone else so that's the last piece of work as for as the bathrooms are concerned.

u9ise0jl.jpg

Quite happy because most of the work is done. The shoe cabinet is facing some delays due to my request for something special. But have decided to go ahead and install the wardrobes next week and to do the chemical wash because my furniture is arriving early April and I can't wait further.