Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mummychua

Home With A View

Mummychua I have the same dilemma.. Mine is a 5-6yr non inverter system. System 4... All looks new except the one in the master bedroom which I supposed is used daily... If change is another 4k plus law.. Sian also. But like wat oceaneleven mentioned, I scared it will break down in 1-3 yrs time and if I need to change the whole system, then might affect the reno structure... Ai.....

for a 5 to 6yr non-inverter, i will probably change, since non-inverter system has a shorter lifespan that the inverter ones. plus re-pipe of aircon cost a fair bit too.

i might keep the current system but re-pipe the whole thing as the current pipe is old and part of it has been torn down due to the hacking of toilet wall tiles. but my re-pipe work will cost me $900. decision decision...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Your view is nice.. My guess is at Bukit Timah? Is a 4 or 5 room?

I also got a resale, will be ripping everything, except for living room floor granite tiles. I quite afraid of leaking, so one time pain.. :)

I will see how it goes after I collect the keys ... The systems are pretty new as they seldom use them except for the one in the master bed room...

for a 5 to 6yr non-inverter, i will probably change, since non-inverter system has a shorter lifespan that the inverter ones. plus re-pipe of aircon cost a fair bit too.

i might keep the current system but re-pipe the whole thing as the current pipe is old and part of it has been torn down due to the hacking of toilet wall tiles. but my re-pipe work will cost me $900. decision decision...

Your view is nice.. My guess is at Bukit Timah? Is a 4 or 5 room?

I also got a resale, will be ripping everything, except for living room floor granite tiles. I quite afraid of leaking, so one time pain.. :)

This is near to bukit timah. 4rm corridor unit.

Thats what everyone haa been telling me. One time pain but when u see the reno figure and the cost of all the fittings and furniture, it is really painful lor... ouch ouch ouch...

Yes, agree, so we decide on those essential ones then minimal carpentry cos the rest can do a 2nd phase, but pipes, wiring, kitchen, toilets, all change new..

Thru your link, the doctor door concept seems great and emailed them for quote, it's abt $2.5k for both the door and gate, is the showroom at kovan still ard?

Yes, agree, so we decide on those essential ones then minimal carpentry cos the rest can do a 2nd phase, but pipes, wiring, kitchen, toilets, all change new..

Thru your link, the doctor door concept seems great and emailed them for quote, it's abt $2.5k for both the door and gate, is the showroom at kovan still ard?

my reno is similar to ur, do those essential stuff 1st. very little carpentry but still my quotation is standing at $47k, only got this price after i squeeze my contractor. but with my very tight schedule, i cannot go with my cheapest quotation.

during their roadshow, the price quoted is abt $1.6k for a simple design gate and a regular sized door plus they free a digital peek hole (is this the term use?). ur door is bigger than usual?

went to spot check the reno last friday. new windows are up. aluminium sliding with clear glass for all windows. initially want to have windows and grilles in white powder coated but was advise against it by not just one but 2 contractors and 1 guy selling grilles. all of them says that it will be of high maintenance and white powder coat could turn yellowish. with 2 kids and a dog, i will probably be cleaning window once a yr, so aluminium windows for me. actually it doesn't look too bad. and with clear glass panel, the whole house looked so much brighter.

20140620_131843_zpsfkh8mluq.jpg

got a msg from contractor, waterproofing for toilet and kitchen is done. looks like reno is on schedule for me to move in before 7th month. :good:

Edited by mummychua

When it comes to Renovation, price will keep increase most of the time due to a lot of want (Eg. New door, Blinds and etc).

Pls don overlook the small figures as it will add up to quite a substantial amount.

My advise will be do all the required needed first like electrical works, piping, aircon, false ceiling and etc which are perm fixed.

For carpentry and etc you can delay it or buy ready made from furniture place.

Hope this helps & good luck for your Reno.

When it comes to Renovation, price will keep increase most of the time due to a lot of want (Eg. New door, Blinds and etc).

Pls don overlook the small figures as it will add up to quite a substantial amount.

My advise will be do all the required needed first like electrical works, piping, aircon, false ceiling and etc which are perm fixed.

For carpentry and etc you can delay it or buy ready made from furniture place.

Hope this helps & good luck for your Reno.

thanks for the advise. trying to keep my want in check. :help:

got my bosch hood, hob and oven. understand that not all things from Bosch are good but i like to coordinate all my brands. cant stand having a different brand of hob and hood. plus bosch oven looks so chio. looking forward to bake with it... :D

http://www.bosch-home.com.sg/store/product/bProfessionalBlackGlassBundlebbrHoodHobOven/PCG-771

my fridge is from Hitachi. find side by side capacity a little too big for me, but i love the french door opening. so this 3 door fridge fits my requirement and its so pretty. according to a sales person at Best, hitachi has the best energy efficient fridge as it uses dual fan cooling. and he warn us against those fridge with digital inverter. according to him the digital control won't last more than 2yrs and once it spoilt, the fridge will take up alot more electricity. anyone can verify this information?

http://www.hitachiconsumer.com/sg/products_details.aspx?oid=3370

got all these from Kong Tai Electric. Total damage $3600. Save a few hundreds buying from them rather than those major electric store. :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by mummychua