Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Prettibride

My White House ~ Part 2

Hi to everyone here!!

After staying at our house for 3years, we finally saved enough moolah to give our house a decent makeover. It was earlier than expected...we had a 5 years plan initially..but thank God for His blessings, we are able to do so 2 years earlier. We did not do much reno when we first got the house as firstly we were too cash tied with the wedding preps and we need to move in after our AD. Therefore, many stuff were leftovers from the previous owner. As they were already about 5 years old when we took over, many things were already starting to deteriorate. So this time round, its more like a major revamp. And I am really looking forward to it.

For a start, this is how my house currently look like.

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?au...blogid=131&

We plan to start the reno around Sep/ Oct this year...so that gives us plenty of time to hunt for a ID and thinking through the design process etc. But being the overly excited me, we've already shortlisted 2 ID and bought most of the furnitures needed.

I still wanna maintain the white modern minimalistic look..so we took some time to research and hunt for the ideal furnitures. And finally my hubby gave the nod to purchase them...so these are what we've bought so far:

Dining Table - I got mine in clear glass so that the room looks more spacious.

Zeta20copy.jpg

Bed with Storage Box - This will be in black to match the monotone look of the house.

Marcel.jpg

TV Console

DSC05807.jpg

Kartell Ghost Chairs

7823_52DC6770.jpg

Got the black glossy one for my dresser.

19073_560D1937.jpg

Got the crystal ones for our dining table.

:wub:

Edited by Prettibride

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hi...

love the concept of your house..but will be difficult to maintain....:)

which 2 IDs have you shortlisted? can share?

btw, i cant see the pics of ur bed and ur dining set....for the tv console, was it bought at furniture club? Coz the sofa behind the console looks pretty familiar...

hihi..actuallyhaving lived there for so long..i dun really find it difficult to maintain. we jus mop n sweep the floor once a week...and the roller blinds dun even need much maintainance. only thing is the old ceramic tiles is starting to hv unremovable stains which is quite ugly.

ya..the tv ccnsole is bought from Furniture Club at IMM. Bought from a nice lady Gwenn. As we went to the shop near closing time, she still attended to us patiently..initially we got a full package of a L-shape sofa, dining table, tv console and bed frame at a super good package price..but the next day, we changed our mind about the sofa cos that sofa is too big for our living room..and Gwenn was kind enough to allow us to take it out from the package and amended the price much lower. I din take photos of the dining table and bed frame..but will post it up once i hv the photos.

thx for viewing!

Edited by Prettibride

hi hi....

i love your white house.

infact, i find that your hse is veyr nice liao,.....now u do reno will definitely lagi SWEE!

look forward to see your pix here soon... ;)

hihi..actuallyhaving lived there for so long..i dun really find it difficult to maintain. we jus mop n sweep the floor once a week...and the roller blinds dun even need much maintainance. only thing is the old ceramic tiles is starting to hv unremovable stains which is quite ugly.

shortlisted Ho Bee n HC Interior at Balestier.

ya..the tv ccnsole is bought from Furniture Club at IMM. Bought from a nice lady Gwenn. As we went to the shop near closing time, she still attended to us patiently..initially we got a full package of a L-shape sofa, dining table, tv console and bed frame at a super good package price..but the next day, we changed our mind about the sofa cos that sofa is too big for our living room..and Gwenn was kind enough to allow us to take it out from the package and amended the price much lower. I din take photos of the dining table and bed frame..but will post it up once i hv the photos.

thx for viewing!

hi hi,

wow! Then i shld make a trip to IMM to see see liao.

by the way, how much was the deal for that full package? can share?

thanks

hi prettibride!

wah 2nd phase reno, sure designer look liao!

i love kartell stuff :wub::dribble::dribble: , was thinking to get it as my dining chairs, but too expensive for me liao. Mayb will look for cheaper look-alikes :lol:

more pics pls!!

hihi Frosty,

Haha..not going for designer look but just wan a fuss free maintenance home...

those that like Kartell stuff should act fast...cos SPACE having a 30% sale on Kartell items cos of the opening of their new outlet. I got the news on tuesday and immediately rushed down on wed to place my order..keke...

The usual price of the Victoria Ghost is $435...so u save about $100+ after discount. Great time to buy now...

Jessie - their package for Sofa, Dining Set, TV Console and Coffee Table is S$4999. But I changed the coffee table and sofa to a bed frame...plus Gwen helped us to bargain for a good price from her boss...cos its a one time favor only from her so not convenient to disclose it here..but if u wan can go down to look for her...i am sure she can give u a good price too...if not, just their S$4999 package is quite attractive too. The good thing is, they also custom make furniture base on the design you wan...so u can get those branded designs from MOLECULE, AIR etc. at a much affordable price.

Edited by Prettibride

shortlisted Ho Bee n HC Interior at Balestier.

thx for viewing!

wow...i ordered my sofa and bedframe from furniture club at beach road as well...but was told to pay full price (not deposit) ..and i did...thinking back now..i felt that it wasn't necessary...that salesperson din even ask me if i want to have a package...were u told that the sofa has 10 years warranty? though I like the sofa..i am starting to have doubts on the company....dun feel secure abt my purchase...:( ...and my 2 items cost 4.9k...gosh...have not choosen the colors for the sofa and bedframe yet...will make a trip down this sat...

hope the company is reliable ....

Edited by jeddie

DSC05856.jpg

I am interested to get a chimmy hood of this design..but I want one with no buttons in front..anyone knows where to get one? Hopefully around S$500. I saw one from Ariston with a touch panel..so nice..but the price makes me faint...$1799 just for a hood.

i was at Space last weekend, almost flooded their showroom with my saliva :lol: after discount still can't afford la so sad :~ can only envy you!

Hehe..thats wat i did the first time when i went to SPACE too...flood their store with my saliva..the items were too ex. to afford. That's why i waited for this sale period before deciding to get it. I tried looking around for cheap replicas too..but there were none in the market..not even in BKK. Plus the quality of replicas is not there...at least SPACE offers warranty for their products.

Edited by Prettibride

hihi Frosty,

Haha..not going for designer look but just wan a fuss free maintenance home...

those that like Kartell stuff should act fast...cos SPACE having a 30% sale on Kartell items cos of the opening of their new outlet. I got the news on tuesday and immediately rushed down on wed to place my order..keke...

The usual price of the Victoria Ghost is $495...so u save about $100+ after discount. Great time to buy now...

Jessie - their package for Sofa, Dining Set, TV Console and Coffee Table is S$4999. But I changed the coffee table and sofa to a bed frame...plus Gwen helped us to bargain for a good price from her boss...cos its a one time favor only from her so not convenient to disclose it here..but if u wan can go down to look for her...i am sure she can give u a good price too...if not, just their S$4999 package is quite attractive too. The good thing is, they also custom make furniture base on the design you wan...so u can get those branded designs from MOLECULE, AIR etc. at a much affordable price.

hi prettibride,

thanks for the info.

i shall check them out soon. Will look for gwen.

i dun need bedframe cos will be using my current bed,.....i need sofa, dining set, console, coffee table.

will see what is the promotion/package they offer now.

wow...i ordered my sofa and bedframe from furniture club at beach road as well...but was told to pay full price (not deposit) ..and i did...thinking back now..i felt that it wasn't necessary...that salesperson din even ask me if i want to have a package...were u told that the sofa has 10 years warranty? though I like the sofa..i am starting to have doubts on the company....dun feel secure abt my purchase...:( ...and my 2 items cost 4.9k...gosh...have not choosen the colors for the sofa and bedframe yet...will make a trip down this sat...

hope the company is reliable ....

ya..i know abt the 10 years warranty. But i din take the sofa cos its too big for my living room and my current set is still usable. The company have been around for a while so should be quite reliable..but how come u have to pay full? We were asked to just pay a 50% deposit. My delivery is going to be after my renovation which is end of the year or early 2009. If u're interested in their package..perhaps u can go back and try to nego. wif them ...maybe jus top up a little to get the other items etc? The bed and sofas on display looks pretty good..and they cover warranty..so dun hv to worry abt that. But if u're getting a design that they've not made before..better to be careful.

Anyone got any idea where I can get chimmey hood of that design below $500?

Hi Prettibride,

ever consider Cuizino?

i got it from Poh Joo for less then $400.

10714144_a90ede471211558928_m.jpg

Hi Prettibride,

ever consider Cuizino?

i got it from Poh Joo for less then $400.

hi, thanks for the suggestion. In fact me and hubby were at Jalan Besar today wanting to look for Bellari and we happen to pass by Poh Joo. I din even know they were there..thought they were at Balestier all along. Then I saw another Cuzino Hood which looks something like this. Cos I like something without buttons in front and this model have a touch panel..so no buttons!! The best part is this hood is only a fraction of the price from the Ariston one...and within my budget.

Here's the pic:

hood.jpg

We also found a lot of other items such as kitchen sink, taps, wc. we want there at super good prices!! Even the shower tray which is not easily found elsewhere.

I muz be too overly excited..keep rambling on and on...

Hi PRE...how much you get for your storage bed? Where? How about the measurement? Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY

I got the bed from Furniture Club...got a package price for dining table, TV Console and this bed...so i dun hv the exact price for this item alone.. The bed is king size..but i dun hv the exact measurements with the sides..the one I ordered will come with designer custom made legs...hopefully it'll look great. Oh ya, the storage is behind the headrest area in case u like to know. HTHS.

Edited by Prettibride