Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hime

Cave

Just started our reno a week ago and progress has been great..

Floor Plan for our first home..

FlrPln.jpg

Edited by hime

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi there, thanks! Got many photos to upload but unfortunately my office internet blocks out photobucket website! :bangwall:

sianz... zz

Can only do so when I get home. My house is in the east and yes, its a resale.. a 5 room point block unit.

I guess the most undesired part to it is I've got a really really small Master toilet.. Have decided to extend that though! Hate small toilets! :o

Hi there, thanks! Got many photos to upload but unfortunately my office internet blocks out photobucket website! :bangwall:

sianz... zz

Can use others like imageshack ?

A summarised recap of what's been happening the last couple of weeks..

Part 1

The first stop was to buy lights and we got them from Vlux at Geylang, nice lights and good service..

The LED lights on the ceiling caught my eye but they were quite expensive! Something like City hall MRT, when u exit the station and use the escalator leading up to Raffles city, look up and the ceiling are full of the lights.. Like stars above u! Nah.. i know its impractical but i like the stars! HB like them too but it cost a couple of hundreds for 6 LED lights! It comes with a certain system to install it that explains the price.. Else i would jus go to Sim Lim and buy my own LED lights.. Oh well, a little wishful thinking there.. :) So we settled for the usual lights and were happy with our buy!

Then we finally bought our toilet fittings etc from a very nice couple team:

Homeplus 2000 Building Products

312 Changi Road

Singapore 419790

Phone: +65 6846 8749

Again it was a blessing to have found them.. Aside from being very friendly and helpful, amongst the many shops we went to to compare prices, they have the most competitive price and the winning edge to it is i get branded stuff for my fittings with the same price elsewhere that gives me no brand ones! They are the official distributors for Hansgrohe.. so we got both shower sets / mixers / taps from them (Hansgrohe) and for Kitchen sink, we got Franke's sink and tap. And for toilet bowl, we jus got a no brand set cos i dunno toilet bowl got wat kind of brands.. haha.. i was too lazy to do more research..

Can use others like imageshack ?

cannot lor :(

i tried flickr, photobucket, imageshack etc, all kena blocked by my office IT.. Sian sian big time! :bangwall:

Then we finally bought our toilet fittings etc from a very nice couple team:

Homeplus 2000 Building Products

312 Changi Road

Singapore 419790

Phone: +65 6846 8749

Again it was a blessing to have found them.. Aside from being very friendly and helpful, amongst the many shops we went to to compare prices, they have the most competitive price and the winning edge to it is i get branded stuff for my fittings with the same price elsewhere that gives me no brand ones! They are the official distributors for Hansgrohe.. so we got both shower sets / mixers / taps from them (Hansgrohe) and for Kitchen sink, we got Franke's sink and tap. And for toilet bowl, we jus got a no brand set cos i dunno toilet bowl got wat kind of brands.. haha.. i was too lazy to do more research..

Wah thanks for the info

I prefer going to Changi as compared to Balastier since Changi easier to park car and not so much traffic

Moreover I also like hansgrohe stuff

Btw can kindly PM me the stuff you bought there and how much ?

Thanks thanks

cannot lor :(

i tried flickr, photobucket, imageshack etc, all kena blocked by my office IT.. Sian sian big time! :bangwall:

huh ? like that ah ? then your internet can surf wat ? company website only ? hahaah :P

google "photo upload" and try all of them, I'm sure one of them will work

Part 2

Then we went to Gain city fair at expo few weeks back.. Got our aircon finally!!!!!!!!!! Toshiba inverter system 4.. Doubt it will be sufficient to cool the whole house but I don't think i can put 2 compressors for my unit.. so live with it ba.. maybe buy a portable fan if its not cool enough.. keeping our fingers crossed!

On another day, we chanced by Harvey Norman and the washer we were eyeing on was on sale!!!!!!! about 400bucks off! It was 9.30pm when we entered the shop, ended up as the last customer there. The special offer was ending that day so we had to make our decision fast! 400 is a lot and we figured it would never be so cheap ever again cos we've been waiting for price to drop since 4months back..

http://www.electrolux.com.sg/node38.aspx?p...cts=30782,30781

then we bought hitachi fridge oso since we were buying the washer.. a bit of an impulse but we were quite settled that we wanted that model.. the japanese type.. cute cute slim small fridge.. Yeah! :D

http://www.hitachiconsumer.com/sg/products...s.aspx?oid=2465

and we bought our 42inch tv from Phillips at Best Denki.. Main reason why we like is becos it has got the ambilight technology, fancy fancy LED lights behind the tv which changes according to wats on ur tv screen.. nice touch! Since we don't have feature wall at the tv area, the lights can add a little more pattern to the wall ba.. Dunno why i am such a sucker for LED lights.. madness.. Anyhow we got 800 phillips voucher along with the purchase.. dunno what to do with it now. jia lat.. I think i can buy iron, rice cooker, water flask, vaccum cleaner and dunno wat else with the vouchers. talk about shoppaholic.. mixed feelings.. happy with our buy but sad that we are broke! :P

http://www.consumer.philips.com/consumer/e...V+42PFL8404H-12

Lastly, we bought our cooker hob and hood from Brandt (Harvey Norman).. decided to buy the 2 zone induction cooker hob since HB didn't like gas stove. Besides its easy to maintain and since we don't really cook much.. Excited! All these will be delivered in a few weeks time!

Looking forward to posting more pics!

Wah thanks for the info

I prefer going to Changi as compared to Balastier since Changi easier to park car and not so much traffic

Moreover I also like hansgrohe stuff

Btw can kindly PM me the stuff you bought there and how much ?

Thanks thanks

I know I must be a mountain tortise but ..... I dunno how to pm!!!!!!!!!! *shy*

We bought the Focus E2 or something like tat for the Hansgrohe shower set.. Don't have the receipt with me in office so maybe tonight when i get home i "pm" u? enlighten me how to pm ok? Pai sey.. haha.. :D

I know I must be a mountain tortise but ..... I dunno how to pm!!!!!!!!!! *shy*

We bought the Focus E2 or something like tat for the Hansgrohe shower set.. Don't have the receipt with me in office so maybe tonight when i get home i "pm" u? enlighten me how to pm ok? Pai sey.. haha.. :D

Oh to PM (Private Message) ppl, all you need to do is to click on the nick of that person and select send message

If still got doubt let me know i will do a step by step screen capture for you :)