Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
heavenlyn

My First Home

Hi all, I have been lurking around the forums for a while now and have been (and continue to be) inspired by many of your ideas for your new homes.

Just an introduction, I started looking for my own place round about August 2011. I knew that I could not live anywhere else besides East Coast, having grown up here and being an impulsive shopper (I'm not proud of the fact :( ), I bought my place in September 2011 without viewing the actual unit (it was a sub sale and the development had not obtained the T.O.P then so couldn't view) because the price was reasonable and the development is only 2 Lorongs away from my parents' place (though I'm not too sure now if it's a good idea to live so near them :furious:-_-"' ). Yep, so I bought it based on the floor plan, though I did drive by like 100 times at different times of the day to try to get a glimpse of the unit. :D

The development obtained the T.O.P in late September and completion happened on 27 December 2011. So... since then, I've been officially neck deep in debt and enslaved to my job :bow::bow: (though my bosses were extremely happy to hear about my purchase)

Renovations started on Wednesday, 7 March 2012.

Will post some photos in my next post.

Thanks for reading guys! :yamseng:

Edited by heavenlyn

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Cool. Please show us some 3D drawings

Hey Ayazumi, unfortunately, there are no 3D drawings because of time constraint. All i required were sketches because I already have quite a clear idea how how I want the house to be. :)

After 4 days of hacking, plumbing and wiring, finally had the time to go down to the new place to have a look at the work progress.

Wiring

010tpt.jpg

Hacking of the wardrobe for both master bedroom and guestroom complete

011vw.jpg

013pdc.jpg

Removed master bathroom's mirror

012jmh.jpg

Edited by heavenlyn

Went sofa shopping this evening and bought the Madison sofa as in the pic, as well as one of the arm chairs.

Changed the fabric and colour of the sofa so gotta wait till June...... :unsure: :unsure:

Hope it'll be worth it.

007gtt.jpg

Came across a replica of the Tom Dixon beat light wide in Black. After some consideration, will most probably buy this instead of the replica pH5 for the bar counter. :)

tomdixonbeatlight.jpg