Hi, I have this problem of foul smell coming from within the unit in a shopping centre.
1. Before reno of ceiling, no smell.
2. After reno of ceiling, no smell.
3. After reno, old water leakage above ceiling occurred, after a few days, detected smell.
4. After water leakage smell fixed and affected ceiling board replaced, smell still persist.
5. Find that air circulation not good. Outside unit strong oil smell from beside restaurant. Within unit smell faintly of ****.
6. Above unit is AHU room, no sewage pipes.
7. Smell don't seem to come from floor.
8. Hard to tell if smell comes from aircon duct. Aircon from centralised aircon duct don't seem to be so strong. Management said the aircon is installed from 1 end to the other and I happened to be at the other end where the aircon seems to be less cooler and they can't do anything.
Can it be the air circulation is not good enough causing the smell or the aircon duct is dirty where rats, etc pooped in the duct hence we smell the foul smell?
Desperately need advice on this.