Renotalk have been providing us with alot of knowledge with all these reno issues and other home related stuffs. From the time before we bought our house till today, we've been browsing renotalk whenever we have free time. haha
So now, we just acquired our flat over at Pasir Ris EA and will be going for our first appt soon this month. We hope to get feedback from the experts here on our T-Blog.
At the moment, we have not gone ID / Contractor hunting yet. Here are some of our reno ideas:
1. Reconstruct back the balcony as the previous owner has level the balcony to extend his living area. We want to have an outdoor feeling at our balcony with water feature possibly.
2. The study area to be hacked to create an enclosed living area. Basically, its an extension of the wall of the study towards the main bedroom. Hope to have this wall as glass. Also to create a elevated platform at the window area of the study. Our feature wall will be the bedroom 2 wall.
3. Reconstruct the kitchen wall partition at the main door's area. At the moment, the owner hacked down that wall partition and put those roman pillars which were the in-thing from the 90's i guess. We don't think an open kitchen concept is good as we have already a big space in the living/dining.
4. Merge the main bedroom with the room next to it to create our walk-in wardrobe area. We dont have kids so we can afford to do this now.
5. Create a dry area for the bedroom toilet. This is sort of expanding our toilet area in our bedroom.
6. Laminates for all bedrooms. Change tiles for the living/dining.
7. hmm.. still thinking...
Feel free to comment.. Thanks for viewing