Jump to content
Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

2 Neutral

About AWS

  • Rank
    Bronze Member

Previous Fields

  • Gender

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Yes, not to mention ICs and also the main sewage ‘highway’ pipe running through one’s plot. PUB has every right to gain access to conduct inspection/rectification works if there’s any choke downstream or upstream.
  2. Haha, anything outside your land boundary doesn’t belong to you, literally. NParks even claim possession of your trees in tree conservation zones.😓 Contractors hoping to cut the trees outside normal office hours or weekends, there is google map street view which has about 9 months of old street views before it’s updated. The agencies can use these to their advantage.😅
  3. Just to add, other than doing the box culvert, your QP will have to determine the location of the culvert access cover according to LTA’s distance requirement between covers and thus in turn will also determine the location of the raised kerb’s drop inlet chamber. Your QP will be able to help assist. Just to share, NParks may have decided the location of the young tree to be planted and the PVC pipes joining the drop inlet chamber to the culvert and cover access need to comply with 1.5 meter radius separation from the replacement tree’s branch.
  4. Just to add, moving the gate post(meter box) to widen the gate will mean affecting the outside planting verge/kerb and also the culvert(underside of the pedestrian walkway). Most likely LTA, NParks and PUB will all be involved. Getting approval for external works from the 3 agencies is getting more and more difficult in recent times.
  5. BCA officers doing the TOP inspection will never get involve in neighbor’s illegal extensions. I have personal experience on a rear neighbor having illegal extension on the rear RC ledge and causing rain water flowing down from the ledge and landed on my plot. He basically extended the ledge all the way to the boundary line. URA taichi all the way and not wanting to get involved to demand removal of the illegal extension. 2 issues involved here: 1. illegal extension and 2. rain water from the whole rear roof portion all landed on my plot. This is worst than rain water bouncing off the roof and landed on neighbor’s plot.
  6. Thread starter, don’t you have retention sum before obtaining CSC? Usually there’s a 10% retention sum after TOP obtain to cover the 1 year defect warranty and also to cover the obtaining CSC. Most often, CSC after TOP always concern external works with namely 3 agencies: NParks, LTA and PUB.
  7. If you plant tall plants/shrubs/trees along the boundary wall, do consider the high possibilities that the dried leaves may fall over to the neighbor’s property and may cause unhappiness/dispute. I have heard cases of affected owners has applied to CDRT(Community Dispute Resolution Tribunal) to resolve such issues. Other than falling dried leaves, there’s also possibilities of moth caterpillars feasting on the leaves and had their black poo droppings scattering all over. If the neighbor is 3 stores high, wouldn’t the building already block the west sun coming through along the boundary wall? IMHO, best solution is to talk with your neighbor your plans/methods to go about blocking the sun and come to a solution that both will agree.
  8. Just my 2 cents: Ducted more prone to leak along the ducting compared to cassette, hence damaging the false ceiling. Cassette rate of cooling can match to that of ducted if proper BTU selection done properly by determining overall air volume in the room.
  9. Either a Design & Build contractor or engage an architect/PE, personally I prefer the architect/PE route. The architect/PE must act in your interest and cross check the builder. The best is of course all are independent parties i.e. different architect, PE, builder, RTO etc.
  10. Just to chip in a bit. I have used the same builder as MetalTab. Any forummer that is interested to get a second opinion on this builder, feel free to PM me. Doing my part to contribute back to this forum.
  11. Here’s a resource by URA. https://www.ura.gov.sg/Corporate/Planning/Master-Plan/Control-Plans
  12. I think most part of the East area can build 3+Attic. Additional cost required. If close to the coastline, expect piling as mostly marine clay. Again additional cost required.
  13. My port clearance agent is able to settle everything after the container arrive singapore port and truck the pallets to reach site and unload everything. Only catch is if one fully maximize the 20ft container to 27 ton, a bigger triple axle truck will be required as normal truck is limited to ferry 24 ton, so extra $50 thereabouts. All the truck comes with build in crane to off load from truck onto site floor. To answer your query, a special crane(unloading device) is required to get the pellets out of the container if you buy slabs, not a normal fork lift. If you buy cut to size tiles, a fork lift is ok to do the job. Slab pallets and cut to size pallets are totally different. The pallets are then placed on the cargo area floor and the truck’s crane is used to load the pallets onto the truck bed and off the truck bed after reaching site. But if one buys slabs from China, then it will be transported to the cutting facility in Singapore. Average cutting service in Singapore is $10 psf thereabouts.