Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
EkEk

Problem With Hdb Regulation...

Hi, everyone!!

My common toilet has a step, separating the wet area with the toilet bowl area. The step is more than 50mm higher than the wet area.

A HDB fellow came for inspection once, than mentioned the above step is too high, making the floor heavy with cement and tile works. My ID approached the HDB fellow, and after discussion told me that the HDB guy can overlook this issue if the owner, ourselves, can accept it.

We can, and works completed. We moved in.

Now, after a month of moving in, and after 2 1/2 months after the above incident, the HDB fellow called us again and mentioned we have not changed the common toilet floor and are violating the HDB regulations. We told him that our ID said that as long as we can accept the step, it is fine. He mentioned no such thing.

We called our ID and the ID was furious about the miscommunication by the HDB fellow. We will be meeting each other again to discuss.

My fear is that we need to hack the toilet, which is beautifully tiled, equipped with vanity top and a wooden bench. Not to mention the toilet bowl and wall tiles too...

What can we do about this? I don't think it is my ID fault as I don't believe he will take the risk with his work, career and license, if any. I just don't want to hack the toilet, it will cause so much inconvenience and dirt and dust in our beautiful new home.

Help! SOB...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Myself having problem too. Contractor havent gotten a green light from HDB that he can hack the wall. The floor plan indicated white line which mean it could be hacked.

The OVERLY confident contractor hack the wall then discover the top part was a BEAM... see la.... 8|:)

sorry from personal point of view. it's still the ID's fault. He should know the regulations and stick by it, instead of doing things ala China way - do whatever you want and then BRIBE the officials later to get approval.

A HDB fellow came for inspection once, than mentioned the above step is too high, making the floor heavy with cement and tile works. My ID approached the HDB fellow, and after discussion told me that the HDB guy can overlook this issue if the owner, ourselves, can accept it.

I look at this para and straightaway know your ID is pulling a fast one. HDB officers are super duper kiasee one, as long as something is "abit" against regulations, they will quickly raise a big hooha about it. That's their job mah, otherwise they got nothing to do liao. Its impossible that they will say something like they "can overlook this issue if the owner, ourselves, can accept it".

Remember the cause of concern is that the floor would be too heavy and in risk of collapsing; so what if you, as owners, can accept it?? HDB will still be concerned because its affects the overall integrity of the building!

I don't think it is my ID fault as I don't believe he will take the risk with his work, career and license, if any.

I bet this is what your ID told you, isn't it? The fact is that the houseowner usually takes the full responsibility of everything and ID just stands behind you. There is no proof at all the ID had spoken to the HDB officer or he was involved in this case at all - he can just say he doesn't know anything. And he will not get into trouble because HDB really never write any letter to you or him, right?

It's a structural issue, owner accept it also no meaning, since it is HDB's safety problem.

HDB officer cannot anyhow "settle" it without black and white, since this may lead to suspicion of kopi money.

everything would be nice to have a black and white.

since that HDB fellow change the table around and counter back to u. Did you know who is the person who you speak to?

Also the time and date. Speak to him again. If cant help best is to seek advise from the higher management. Due to that person just dont bother the regualtion just anyhow state and now problems occur.

who is going to pay the hacking and the tiles?

That hdb fellow/ ID or u?

Not very sure the current rule.

In my time, all submission come with a reply from the HDB.

1. Aprroval

2. Aprroval but with some restriction.

3. Disapproval with the following reasons.

Mine was the 2 case, with the hdb stamp, which I kept for my future owner.

Maybe can check & ask for the copy of reply from them.