Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mezz72sg

Redo Toilet

I plan to redo both my toilets in a few mths time.

Basically, will do up the wall tiles, floor tiles, toiler bowls, sinks and doors.

Anyone any idea how much roughly it would cost to do both toilets?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Basically, will do up the wall tiles, floor tiles, toiler bowls, sinks and doors.

market rate 1 toilet = $3k

thks, MaCe! would this include the toilet accessories like the toilet bowls and the sink?

$2.8k is the lowest i have found.

ya include everything - as long as you are not choosy - machiam those standard hdb toilets.

Standard wall tiles and standard floor tiles.

everything standard, standard toilet/basin/tap/accessories

Standard as in NOT EXP types lor.

but if you want HERMEs toilet bowl wrapped in customised leather or PRADA water tap + Philip Starck toilet paper holder...etc.

then TKK lor. $28k per toilet maybe.

I am also planning to redo both toilets.

Currently contractor quoted $7850 for the following:

1) Hacking of wall and floor tiles and existing sanitary ware in both bathrooms ($1300)

2) Supply and laying of wall and floor tiles in both bathrooms ($3680) - can choose homo tiles up to S$3 per piece

3) Supply and lay water proofing membrane for both bathrooms ($180)

4) Supply and install new stainless steel piping with hot & cold inlet/outlet for both bathrooms ($740)

5) Supply labour to install shower set, WC, toilet accessories, basin, tap, etc for both bathrooms ($440)

6) Supply labour to install storage water heater ($90)

7) Supply and install 10mm tempered glass shower screen in master bath ($700) - my master bathroom is rather big (compared to standard HDB ones), hence the higher cost for the shower screen

8) Custom make 3.5ft suspended cabinet with solid plywood with laminate and ABS trimming for master bath($350)

9) Supply and install 3.5ft solid top for suspended cabinet for master bath ($210)

10) Supply and install L3ft x H2.5ft mirror for master bath ($160)

Is the above quotation reasonable? I thought it is rather expensive since I still have to source for my own doors. Hope to get fellow forumers comment on the above as I am still negotiating with the contractor. :jawdrop:

hope you dont mind me saying this;

5) Supply labour to install shower set, WC, toilet accessories, basin, tap, etc for both bathrooms ($440)

this is expensive, market rate for installing a toilet bowl = $80, Basin = $40-$60

that is without doing the tiles - just the toilet bowl/basin

7) Supply and install 10mm tempered glass shower screen in master bath ($700) - my master bathroom is rather big (compared to standard HDB ones), hence the higher cost for the shower screen

8) Custom make 3.5ft suspended cabinet with solid plywood with laminate and ABS trimming for master bath($350)

9) Supply and install 3.5ft solid top for suspended cabinet for master bath ($210)

10) Supply and install L3ft x H2.5ft mirror for master bath ($160)

the above are WANTs, not needs. you want a pretty toilet then you got to pay the price lor.

a 3x2.5ft mirror is less than $30 at sungei road. drill 4 holes on the wall(buy those mirror brackets) and you can hook it up nicely. $160 is cut throat!:jawdrop: unless it's a mirror with built in TV machiam sci fic movies.

perhaps you wanna compare more quotations from other contractors.

hope you dont mind me saying this;

this is expensive, market rate for installing a toilet bowl = $80, Basin = $40-$60

that is without doing the tiles - just the toilet bowl/basin

the above are WANTs, not needs. you want a pretty toilet then you got to pay the price lor.

a 3x2.5ft mirror is less than $30 at sungei road. drill 4 holes on the wall(buy those mirror brackets) and you can hook it up nicely. $160 is cut throat!!! unless it's a mirror with built in TV machiam sci fic movies.

perhaps you wanna compare more quotations from other contractors.

We are still trying to negotiate with the contractor esp on the installation charges - we find it expensive too - we thought it should not exceed $180 per toilet for installing WC, shower set, basin, tap & accessories. Contractor currently quoting us $220 per toilet...at least we now have other people's opinion on the charges and not us being ridiculous and trying to cut our contractor too much....his original quote for the installation was $295 per toilet!!

As for the mirror, contractor claims that it comes with backing, better support, blah blah blah....so might be cancelling this item out and source our own....

For vanity top and shower screen at the master bath, yes, we know this is not a "need" and we have budgeted for the "want" - just wanted to know if our "want" is at a reasonable market rate....we don't like wet toilets....

We are still trying to negotiate with the contractor esp on the installation charges - we find it expensive too - we thought it should not exceed $180 per toilet for installing WC, shower set, basin, tap & accessories. Contractor currently quoting us $220 per toilet...at least we now have other people's opinion on the charges and not us being ridiculous and trying to cut our contractor too much....his original quote for the installation was $295 per toilet!!

i shared cost of my two toilets here

think if u r just doing toilets, the contractor will charge more.

i shared cost of my two toilets here

think if u r just doing toilets, the contractor will charge more.

Thanks, babyQ. We are doing toilets only - probably more difficult to bargain. Contractor agrees to revise quotation. Will wait and see...

hmmmm....i was also thinking of doing up my toilets cos didn't do anything when we reno our house.....didn't know it would be so expensive....maybe will just live with my current basic toilet :yamseng: