Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fluffydog

Biometric Locks

Just to revive this thread...

I'm oso considering using a Biometric Lock on my new place.. Just wondering if anyone else here is using it? Any raves or rants? Wat brand to consider huh?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

my neighbour has it. kinda noisy coz it beeeeeeeeps a lot. initially they had issues with it, but think it's all worked itself out. our neighbour installed it because his mom had the habit of forgetting to lock the gate when she went out (the gate autolocks when it closes). kinda cool me thinks.

What's wrong with biometric? Why prefer RFID to Biometric? RFID is just another type of 'key' that you have to remember to bring along with you when you go out and if you lose it, got to pay to replace.

Hmm, from my "studying", I tink nowadays Biometric is more stable liao. Coz Sales Rep had been to my place to do a demo last week. Me & HB pretty impressed. Especially me since I always find it a hassle to dig into my big bag for my house keys..

The only thing stopping me now is coz we have a gate... So, if still needa open the gate with the key than use my finger to open my main door.. Kinda defeat the purpose liao...

Oh ya, it's gonna cost us bout 700 inclusive of installation.. So, another main factor to consider too lor..

yc_mw

which vendor/brand are u looking at?

I am eyeing the samsung one..

We intend to buy and get them to install and just close the main gate without locking with key or padlock. the main door lock should suffice.

Hi Rumi,

I'm eyeing the lock from Adel, distributored by a Co in Serangoon. It's a US brand but made in China. Samsung ones are nice. But, I find their design too fanciful for my liking.. Prefer the classic looking ones. Coz 1 of my fren juz install at their place.. But, they staying Terrace House la.. So, in a sense.. it's like just nice for em lor. :D

hi yc_mw,

how much is the lock from adel? Any website to see the models & contact information?

samsung one very ex. the one we are eyeing is more than $1K

Hi rumi,

U can try this website. But, I tink dun all the models are on their webbie. I'm considering between RT1100 and E1F4 (Tis one not in their webbie). 1100 is cheaper lor, i tink about 650. Than the E1F4, they can sell me at $720 inclusive of installation. Which model from Samsung r u looking at? Can share the link..

http://www.msmfg.com.sg/innovation.htm

my neighbour has it. kinda noisy coz it beeeeeeeeps a lot. initially they had issues with it, but think it's all worked itself out. our neighbour installed it because his mom had the habit of forgetting to lock the gate when she went out (the gate autolocks when it closes). kinda cool me thinks.

Hi gumbokins,

May i ask how long did ur neighbour took to finally "settle" the lock?