Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
williefreely

Price for renovation of kitchen + master-bed room toilet

Hello, anyone with experience and knowledge, please help me out here. I engaged a renovation contractor to renovate my HDB EA flat which I stay for more than 20 years. My renovation is only on the kitchen and master-bedroom toilet. In the course of renovation, I came across renotalk website and get to know the budget costs of renovation. All along I know my renovation contractor is charging me a higher price, which I thought to be around 20-30% higher than other contractors. But from renotalk Renovation Calculator, I got to know the price I am paying is very much higher than most people were paying. renotalk Renovation Calculator claimed to be backed by data from over $20,000,000 worth of contracts. The price charged by renovation contractor is equivalent to a 4 rooms resale flat (90 sqm), for a total area (kitchen + bathroom) of less than 16 sqm. The price of renovating a 4 rooms resale flat is from $46,400 - $55,680 (with extensive hacking, masonry, carpentry and plumbing) and the price charged by my renovation contractor is around 52K.

Overall, I am disappointed with the renovation, I do not feel it worth the money for the price I paid. The quality and workmanship of the renovation is not up to expectation. The renovation contractor is chasing me for the final payment, I need advise whether the price is exorbitant and whether there is any venue which I can seek redress.

Thank you.

Regards,
William

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request