Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dreamgirl

China Granite

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi all,

Is there anyone has ever used china granite for kitchen top ?

How's the quality (durability, shine, looks, etc) ?

Thanks!

hi dream

it all boils down to the quanlity of the granite not the country its made

so far i have friends who used china granite which are just as good so far

but then again they are in china

so not sure if the type of granite u r using are of what quanlity

i went to a tile shop and the manager told me that china also gets its granite supply from india. so what u buy may well originate from india and resell as "China" granite.

granite can be polished and being natural stone, more hardy than synthetic materials like acrylic surface.

When people say china granite, they usually refer to the lighter colors of granite. So if you are going for light colors, it is usually china granite.

Dark colors are usually from India. When they say China Black galaxy, the stone is from India... process in China.

The difference between the Indian Black galaxy and the China Black Galaxy is the density of the sparkles in the granite.

Even if you are just looking at Black granite... you can see the density of the Indian Granite and the China granite is different.

Ask for samples to see and you can tell the difference when put side by side.

As for quality process quality, with the china market opening up for more manufacturer to house their factories there, the quality control has improved somewhat.

To ensure that you are getting the good stuff, get the sample home, soak them in a barrage of liquids that can stain (eg, orange juice, vinegar, sugar water, curry, soy sauce...etc) and see how the sample stand up to the abuse. If it is good, then that stone is the one for you.

I have a little article on my blog about that which you can look up :dunno:

miumiu: haha that's what I want to know too! however I was advised that the granite supplies are all over the world. no way a lay man like us can tell lah... but they did say that india granite usually darker color. maybe u want to visit a stone and tile shop and find out.. that day too rush didnt ask a lot.

Edited by jt88

miumiu: haha that's what I want to know too! however I was advised that the granite supplies are all over the world. no way a lay man like us can tell lah... but they did say that india granite usually darker color. maybe u want to visit a stone and tile shop and find out.. that day too rush didnt ask a lot.

One of the tiles mgr told me black black black top is attract ants!

Wow, first time hear this man!

So, maybe go for dark colours eg) dark blue, dark green, dark brown......

My hubby juz went to a tile shop at Tai Seng Ave. He said that indian granite 1 feet is only $28! dunno how true. Cos most of the contractors quoted $90-$100...

the price is for tile or slab?

if tile then price normal, slab will cost much more than that bah :notti:

also, some charge cheaply for the slab but skyhigh for cutting hole, profiling and polishing :notti: :notti:

keep us updated please

if really that cheap maybe i also want to buy :P

Ok, I'm real noob in this...

Let me gather what i shld ask...

- tile or slab? Does it means when contractor come & lay for us is in tile or slab?

- The complete result from raw material shld be in slab?

That's y when my hubby told me this, is too gd to be true! Therefore i better post & ask the experts here.

Ok, I'm real noob in this...

Let me gather what i shld ask...

- tile or slab? Does it means when contractor come & lay for us is in tile or slab?

- The complete result from raw material shld be in slab?

That's y when my hubby told me this, is too gd to be true! Therefore i better post & ask the experts here.

tile is usually in small pieces, thinner in term of thickness... as these are mainly used for laying on floors.

Typical sizes would come in 300x300, 600x600, 800x800 or 300x600(i think...need to confirm with tile supplier)

Slab is usually used for kitchen tops, counter tops or table tops.

Typical sizes are 600x2400. Thicker than the tiles. Comes with optional edges... eg bull nose, straight edge... etc