Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dreamgirl

China Granite

Guys, u all are right... It is just a flat piece of 6ft, 20mm thick. No extra "hook" (dunno wat to call that) to hold onto the cabinet.

Check with contractors, they said will do extra like cutting out to fit into sink or stove support & theirs are thicker, double the thickness.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

granite are gd . joints can be seen clearly tats y people use solid top. now adays lots or tile no matter homo, ceramic or wat came from china. as long as try not to use big size will do. cos chances r, the tile is wok n joint is not as gd as compare to smaller pcs. china tile usually only the top surface abt 1 or 2 mm is the color or design or texture u wanted. the rest r not. expensive one is 100% same. meaning if a expensive tile is 8mm thick, u cut it to 4mm, the centre is also same material n color. just look at the thickness area of the tile u will know wat i mean

and granite kitchen top is scratch proof. As compared to solid top. i did a trial during material selecting from the ID. simply use a key, apply force on both surface and the result was out .

I select India Black Galax with 20mm thinkness. Very nice quality. And sales designer just charge $120/feet.

ID: Mxxx Bxxxx and design. Vincent.

[Advertising content, remove ID name.. Juzchris]

Edited by JuzChris

I've used black galaxy fm India.. so far so gd no complaint. no ants insight too :)

Granite processed in China use to hv warpage or uneveness, but they've came a long way to improve on dat. do note dat as all natural stone hv variant of color tone, choose darker color tone n it will b less obvious. Any case datz the beauty of a natural stones :D

I've used black galaxy fm India.. so far so gd no complaint. no ants insight too :)

Granite processed in China use to hv warpage or uneveness, but they've came a long way to improve on dat. do note dat as all natural stone hv variant of color tone, choose darker color tone n it will b less obvious. Any case datz the beauty of a natural stones :D

Hehe...me also considering taking granite for my kitchen top.

With regards to the ant issue, would it be that with the colour..it's harder to detect ants...?? :dunno:

Edited by phaffia

I am using granite for my kitchen top. Blue Pearl from India. Maintenance is easy. In fact due to the dark colour, I can hardly see if it is dirty or not.

So far, didn't see any ants on the top. Used to see 1 or 2 ants crawling on the floor when I moved in. My floor is light grey tiles. But they died after a few days cos couldn't find food in my house :(

Colour should not be an issue, it is the leftover food on kitchen top that lure them :P

I used India Black Galaxy for kitchen too. No problem with maintenance. Paid $110/ft with 40mm drop. The gold flakes in the granite are of medium sized type... cheaper for smaller gold flakes. Black galaxy with large gold flakes are a bit more expensive but some don't like it 'cos too much gold to look at.

I used India Black Galaxy for kitchen too. No problem with maintenance. Paid $110/ft with 40mm drop. The gold flakes in the granite are of medium sized type... cheaper for smaller gold flakes. Black galaxy with large gold flakes are a bit more expensive but some don't like it 'cos too much gold to look at.

Just got my kitchen reno by JS and with black galaxy with large gold flakes IMHO. Very attractive, very nice and sparking from all views. Very matching with mine all off-white cabinets.

per ft cost less than yr thou. :P

I'm thinking of adding a granite kitchen sink to my laminate cabinet. Is this advisable?

Main reason for this is to save on reno cost as granite top cabinets are over my budget, since a lot of cash went into COV...

Not sure if a laminate top cabinet can hold a granite sink. I suspect a granite sink is much heavier than a metal one?

granite are gd . joints can be seen clearly tats y people use solid top. now adays lots or tile no matter homo, ceramic or wat came from china. as long as try not to use big size will do. cos chances r, the tile is wok n joint is not as gd as compare to smaller pcs. china tile usually only the top surface abt 1 or 2 mm is the color or design or texture u wanted. the rest r not. expensive one is 100% same. meaning if a expensive tile is 8mm thick, u cut it to 4mm, the centre is also same material n color. just look at the thickness area of the tile u will know wat i mean

Homogenous tile = whole piece same colour

Ceramic tile = surface coating only

I think Indian Granite is better, my mum's house using Black Galaxy from Indian for more than 10 years already! Still looks very nice!

i haven't used it..but i think its quanlity are good..